Very little positive in these forums, I'm tired of the complaining and lack of patience. BlackBerry has come a long way, and anything good takes time. The OS is still very young and they are working very hard to mature it. Give them a break, updates have been coming faster than ever unfortunately these stupid carriers are what's holding things back.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:24 AM
    Diehard blackberry fans expect more from a phone and blackberry is beginning deliver the goods after a long while.

I suppose we will always be pushing for updates, improvements and innovations and will never be satisfied until it matches the momentum of its users. It's in our nature.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-24-13 02:38 AM
    "BlackBerry users never Satisfied..." Yeah but that's really a good thing. I really don't mind posts that outline the issues as long as they're constructively delivered. I firmly believe BB is using the information to make a better product as seen in the latest OS releases and they should. Take many of the negative posts with a grain of salt because people do get easily frustrated when they're having issues with their investment. Committing not just money but time in contract is a big deal. But I hear you, the level of trolling going on around lately does get to be annoying as well as the 'That's it I'm leaving' posts... If you're not on this site to help others and help BB make a better product for all then what's the point being here.
    Last edited by lynxs_claw; 05-24-13 at 02:56 AM.
    05-24-13 02:39 AM
    Very little positive in these forums, I'm tired of the complaining and lack of patience. BlackBerry has come a long way, and anything good takes time. The OS is still very young and they are working very hard to mature it. Give them a break, updates have been coming faster than ever unfortunately these stupid carriers are what's holding things back.

Posted via CB10
    We don't want them to make the same mistake as before .

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:54 AM
    Everything takes time

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 03:48 AM
    If nobody's complaining, then how will they know when something needs to be fixed? And it's not complaining, we just put issues on the table. The updates that have come so far are because of feedback from current users, like us.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:06 AM
    As they shouldn't be when they release a modern phone that is not complete and has issues with rebooting when it feels like it. Would you be happy with any other product that doesn't perform as it should and if it's product that runs whatever if it was randomly doing something it should not?
    05-24-13 05:41 AM
    Blackberry users are very demanding..... but there's nothing wrong with that.

Right now the forums do look negative, but that is just because so much is happening right now. We have people whose Z10s aren't up to par, new users coming to find out how to work a new OS, legacy users trying to get old features back, trolls having fun in an active forum.

It's all good.
    Thud Hardsmack and kimoi like this.
    05-24-13 05:46 AM
    Blackberry users are very demanding..... but there's nothing wrong with that.

Right now the forums do look negative, but that is just because so much is happening right now. We have people whose Z10s aren't up to par, new users coming to find out how to work a new OS, legacy users trying to get old features back, trolls having fun in an active forum.

It's all good.
    You've got that pretty much down to a T there. Haha.

Posted on Q10 via CB10
    05-24-13 05:49 AM
    While I agree on putting pressure on them, some the things that I read are from trolls or people who would have problems operating an apple or droid. I imagine there many instances where they should be asked if they have ever had any issues with computers. I for one like the communication that the BlackBerry provides me. The rest is fluff. I look at the Q10 and say no more keyboard for me anymore. The gestures absolutely make apple and droid look old. As a business person who has little time most days, getting in and out quickly nothing touches BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and eBud like this.
    05-24-13 05:51 AM
    Remember, people post when they have questions, concerns, issues, etc. Thats really what the forums are for. So you see more of that, then everyone posting that they have no questions, concerns, issues, etc.

Secondly, go over to XDA or other forums and you'll see the same thing.

Yes there are some on here who like to complain for no other reason then to hear themselves talk..er type. But thats a small minority of a lot of great members here on the Crackberry community
    05-24-13 05:53 AM
    Lets complain about people complaining!

Anyways.
    Criticism is actually helpful in my opinion. BlackBerry is actually browsing the forums and the CrackBerry team does (sometimes) ask about things that we want so ask them if they don't get a chance to tell us. I just wish there was a PR guy here in CrackBerry that could talk to us. I know there were two guys here that trolled around who were from RIM but I'm not sure where they are now.
    randall2580 likes this.
    05-24-13 06:47 AM
    Give an inch and they take a mile. There is no such thing as enough. BlackBerry could fix everything people want fixed and someone will still have a negative comment or demand more and be upset it is not available... Some of them are valid. Just people lack the social skills to engage a forum for support and it comes across as a hate post. Here are my thoughts. If you see a negative post or someone is just rude. Don't reply. Don't say anything. It will disappear and not ruin your day.

Posted from my Z10
    eBud likes this.
    05-24-13 06:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yea right. Moving along.

Tim

Posted using a Z10
    05-24-13 06:59 AM
    I think you can go to any forum dedicated to just about any product and see the same thing. People who are totally content with a product are much less likely to want to tell the world about it than people who are not.
    05-24-13 07:24 AM
    Maybe now would be a good opportunity to look at how long it took Android and iOS to form into what they are now.

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Look under the 'Version history by API level' section.
    iOS version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Look under the 'Version history: portable iOS devices' section.

You will noticed that both of these operating systems took many months to add what we consider basic features now. I feel BlackBerry has done an amazing job taking the most important of today's features and implementing those first. It's nice to be able to offer feedback to the people responsible for creating the devices we know and love. This forum isn't intended to be a medium to berate them for not implementing the features that YOU deem to be more important than others. They have a team, and a plan. Let them bring on the innovation, along with the tweaks and features we expect.

TLDR; BlackBerry is updating their OS on par with the history of similar OS's. Let's give them constructive criticism instead of hate mail.
    eBud and brout like this.
    05-24-13 07:26 AM
    It's cos the phone's a lemon. It doesn't work properly or reliably. It demands hundreds of hours to figure out how to do stuff that you either expect out of the box or is intuitive with other phones. And even when you do figure it out, you may then have battery drain, random reboots or, as I had, dropping out data, unreliable bluetooth, double/treble contacts etc etc. It was launched before it was anywhere near ready. I'd stay away from these boards over the next few months if I were you - it's only going to get worse.
    ihys and jgz10 like this.
    05-24-13 07:27 AM
    Maybe now would be a good opportunity to look at how long it took Android and iOS to form into what they are now.

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Look under the 'Version history by API level' section.
    iOS version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Look under the 'Version history: portable iOS devices' section.

You will noticed that both of these operating systems took many months to add what we consider basic features now. I feel BlackBerry has done an amazing job taking the most important of today's features and implementing those first. It's nice to be able to offer feedback to the people responsible for creating the devices we know and love. This forum isn't intended to be a medium to berate them for not implementing the features that YOU deem to be more important than others. They have a team, and a plan. Let them bring on the innovation, along with the tweaks and features we expect.

TLDR; BlackBerry is updating their OS on par with the history of similar OS's. Let's give them constructive criticism instead of hate mail.
    I use to say this about the PBOS and got nothing but flack about that was OK then because it was all new and it isn't OK now cause, we'll there are already other similar products that have been and still are ahead. With all the delays they had I'm really surprised there are so many features missing and they are having that rebooting issue. So much for delaying over a year to make it perfect, which nothing will ever be.
    05-24-13 07:39 AM
    It's cos the phone's a lemon. It doesn't work properly or reliably. It demands hundreds of hours to figure out how to do stuff that you either expect out of the box or is intuitive with other phones. And even when you do figure it out, you may then have battery drain, random reboots or, as I had, dropping out data, unreliable bluetooth, double/treble contacts etc etc. It was launched before it was anywhere near ready. I'd stay away from these boards over the next few months if I were you - it's only going to get worse.
    YOUR phone is a lemon...mine (and my wife's Z) redeemed itself when I installed 1880. No more reboots. New phone, that day. 1880 was a like brain transplant...
    05-24-13 07:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Don't know if I agree with the lack of patience. The fact that a blackberry community like this still exists Is a testament to how passionate about the product and company most people here are.

Yes at times some threads could be perceived as petty. But remember, some of us have stuck with inferior products for a few years waiting for this platform... i can see your point of view and the other.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    pblakeney likes this.
    05-24-13 07:42 AM
    YOUR phone is a lemon...mine (and my wife's Z) redeemed itself when I installed 1880. No more reboots. New phone, that day. 1880 was a like brain transplant...
    The random reboots are the biggest issue, in my mind, because the randomness creates uncertainty, which leads to a lack of confidence. Will the phone reboot during an important phone call? When I'm in the middle of composing an email? Right when I'm taking a picture? My Z10 sometimes goes a few days without a reboot; other times, it reboots more than once over the course of a few hours. So, I'm looking forward to that being addressed in an update, assuming it's software-related. If it's hardware-related, then BlackBerry needs to issue a recall for affected device lots.

I chalk everything else up as early adopter issues. It's a completely new OS and platform, a 1.0 product. I knew what I was getting into and was aware BB 10 might be comparatively "immature" and "incomplete" in some areas. I can understand that not everyone is as forgiving, though.
    05-24-13 08:00 AM
    There are people bringing up legit issues but, for the most part there is a lot of whining going on in these forums why its missing a lot of useless features that are present in ios and android. Yes it is human nature to want more and never being happy with what you have. To be fair there most likely more people whoarent complaining about what BB10 is missing and loving the device for what it is but when people are happy with something you usually dont here about it.
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    05-24-13 08:46 AM
    "BlackBerry users never Satisfied..." Yeah but that's really a good thing. I really don't mind posts that outline the issues as long as they're constructively delivered. I firmly believe BB is using the information to make a better product as seen in the latest OS releases and they should. Take many of the negative posts with a grain of salt because people do get easily frustrated when they're having issues with their investment. Committing not just money but time in contract is a big deal. But I hear you, the level of trolling going on around lately does get to be annoying as well as the 'That's it I'm leaving' posts... If you're not on this site to help others and help BB make a better product for all then what's the point being here.
    Hopefully Blackberry is listening. Carriers are the problem, but BB needs to push them. Reboots and flaws because of a carrier make BB look worse then they are or "might be" if they don't satisfy the customer. That's what causes the "i'm leaving now threads". Two months is too long for a constant problem. The BB and carriers sleep together, they should know what each other is thinking and the issues. We wait patiently a little too long at times. IMHO
    05-24-13 08:50 AM
    Give an inch and they take a mile. There is no such thing as enough. BlackBerry could fix everything people want fixed and someone will still have a negative comment or demand more and be upset it is not available... Some of them are valid. Just people lack the social skills to engage a forum for support and it comes across as a hate post. Here are my thoughts. If you see a negative post or someone is just rude. Don't reply. Don't say anything. It will disappear and not ruin your day.

Posted from my Z10
    Here are my requests of BlackBerry:

1. BlackBerry OS 10 for the BlackBerry PlayBook but leave the current tablet user interface as it currently exists.
    2. Fully functional BlackBerry Bridge between the BlackBerry Z10 /Q10 and the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    3. A steady cadence of updates for BlackBerry OS 10 on a bi-monthly schedule instead of the present scheme.
    4. Better communication to BlackBerry users - we are the most important factor in determining the success or failure of BlackBerry, the brand and the company.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    05-24-13 08:57 AM
    Maybe smartphones aren't for you.

Anyways, good luck getting your HTC One supported in the future.
    Dave Bourque and ..Steve.. like this.
    05-24-13 09:04 AM
77 123 ...