Oh yay then my z10 will be become a limited edition...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 09:36 AM
    The issue is BlackBerry doesn't have a device out that US customers think is worth buying. The problem isn't the consumers, the problem is the product.

I love my Z10 but it does far less than my Nexus, has nowhere near the same app ecosystem (do not even mention side loading, the average consumer wants nothing to do with that process) and less support. That alone is enough to make consumers look the other way. Yes it doesn't help that the carriers are doing a bad job, but I see Verizon commercials and Z10 ads all over the place and have still not seen one stranger with a Z10 in public.

People need to stop blaming the US market. Are you going to blame us for thinking OS 7 devices were ****? Put out a product that can compete with the major players and there wont be any problems.
    ^^ this, is the problem....

Here in America, we seem to think what makes a phone is apps. Being able to play scrabble over the air, and take pictures and make them look old and dirty, are more important than efficiency. We watch the iPhone and Samsung commercials and think we can't live without whatever popular app is out there. We go to the carriers stores and are told that.

But I bet there's a lot of Z owners out there just like me, that once I got my phone I've barely touched my personal computer. Don't need to. In fact, last time I did was to side load instagram, which I've opened and played with twice since I got it. And realized for me, it's a useless app.

The ability to go without my computer is something I was not able to do with Apple and Android devices. That is what people need to realize.

Posted via CB10
    cman5 likes this.
    07-29-13 09:37 AM
    The ability to go without my computer is something I was not able to do with Apple and Android devices. That is what people need to realize.

Posted via CB10
    I cannot say the same about the Z10. If I need to backup and restore, I need a PC. If I need to downgrade an OS, I need a PC. If I need to load a leak, I need a PC. On Android, I don't need a PC for anything. Backup, restore, and the loading of an OS (including the downloading) is all done on the device itself.

Yes I can access all my PC files wirelessly from my Z10, but there is no way in hell I can go without my PC or MacBook Pro. I'd rather get rid of my Z10 (any phone for that matter) before one of those. Once I am near one of those, the only reason I pick up my Z10 is to communicate. Everything else is not even comparable.
    07-29-13 09:49 AM
    To that I say fair enough, T-Mobile by all accounts seems to be one the only carriers in the US that has no loyalty ties to any one platform. Definitely a good business model to have as you're sales structure is based upon all the products you carry and not limited to just the support of iOS or Android. As an outsider (being Canadian) looking in, perception is reality and it is perceived that the larger US carriers (mainly AT&T and Verizon) have no intention of supporting BlackBerries progression with BB10. What I find myself frustrated more over is, I can't help but feel it's all intentional. Sure BlackBerry, we'll take some money of the sales of your devices, but secretly behind internal closed doors we have absolutely no intention of pushing or supporting your development.
    Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    I really wanted to go with T-Mobile when I got my new BB, but there was just no way I could because of their lack of coverage in my area and the areas I travel to the most. So I went with VZW instead. I'm beginning to think that was a big mistake. I like the 4G, but that's about it.
    07-29-13 09:50 AM
    I cannot say the same about the Z10. If I need to backup and restore, I need a PC. If I need to downgrade an OS, I need a PC. If I need to load a leak, I need a PC. On Android, I don't need a PC for anything. Backup, restore, and the loading of an OS (including the downloading) is all done on the device itself.

Yes I can access all my PC files wirelessly from my Z10, but there is no way in hell I can go without my PC or MacBook Pro. I'd rather get rid of my Z10 (any phone for that matter) before one of those. Once I am near one of those, the only reason I pick up my Z10 is to communicate. Everything else is not even comparable.
    My personal computer us just that. A personal computer. It is there for personal use and entertainment. I used it to do some email, mainly Web browsing, a little bit of work, but not much, pay bills researching things I'm thinking about buying, you tubing something, etc etc. I'm not a gamer, so don't use it for that. My use of my computer dropped to almost nil once I got my pb. Now with my Z (and to be fair, hdmi cable) my comp is simply gathering dust next to my couch. I synch all my media through Dropbox and box, email is on my servers, calendar is synced through email, so I don't even back it up. I don't mind reloading apps if I ever do run in to a glitch that everyone seems to think every Z has. So for me, the Z truly has taken mobile computing to a new platform. That FOR ME, neither ios or Android was able to do. MY OPINION, not to start a fight, but ios simply wasn't capable of doing everything for me. (the exclusion of flash and not getting true Internet is just huge for me) and android I'm sure could do everything, but it was just such a chore tondo anything. Yes, I'm aware there are more people that like them than don't.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 10:21 AM
    My personal computer us just that. A personal computer. It is there for personal use and entertainment. I used it to do some email, mainly Web browsing, a little bit of work, but not much, pay bills researching things I'm thinking about buying, you tubing something, etc etc. I'm not a gamer, so don't use it for that. My use of my computer dropped to almost nil once I got my pb. Now with my Z (and to be fair, hdmi cable) my comp is simply gathering dust next to my couch. I synch all my media through Dropbox and box, email is on my servers, calendar is synced through email, so I don't even back it up. I don't mind reloading apps if I ever do run in to a glitch that everyone seems to think every Z has. So for me, the Z truly has taken mobile computing to a new platform. That FOR ME, neither ios or Android was able to do. MY OPINION, not to start a fight, but ios simply wasn't capable of doing everything for me. (the exclusion of flash and not getting true Internet is just huge for me) and android I'm sure could do everything, but it was just such a chore tondo anything. Yes, I'm aware there are more people that like them than don't.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't trying to start a fight and I didn't disagree with your use of the Z10. I only said I wouldn't be able to do that. The Z10 is perfectly capable of completing simple tasks like browsing and cloud syncing.

I am well aware that some people find Android a chore. It's not for everyone, just like iOS and BB10. For myself, they are all easy to use and capable of what I need. Android being the most flexible at the moment, but I still choose to use my Z10 as my daily driver.
    07-29-13 11:05 AM
    I wasn't trying to start a fight and I didn't disagree with your use of the Z10. I only said I wouldn't be able to do that. The Z10 is perfectly capable of completing simple tasks like browsing and cloud syncing.

I am well aware that some people find Android a chore. It's not for everyone, just like iOS and BB10. For myself, they are all easy to use and capable of what I need. Android being the most flexible at the moment, but I still choose to use my Z10 as my daily driver.
    Sorry if the caps made it sound like I was arguing. There are a couple of people on here that like to take everything I say and make it sound like I'm trying to make it sound like it's fact for everyone. Then call me a fanboy while trashing what I say because I'm not holding Apple up as supreme being. So now I'm real cautious about making sure people understand that I realize my opinion is just my opinion. Lol. Convoluted enough?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 11:39 AM
    Sorry if the caps made it sound like I was arguing. There are a couple of people on here that like to take everything I say and make it sound like I'm trying to make it sound like it's fact for everyone. Then call me a fanboy while trashing what I say because I'm not holding Apple up as supreme being. So now I'm real cautious about making sure people understand that I realize my opinion is just my opinion. Lol. Convoluted enough?

Posted via CB10
    Heh. Some people will jump all over you no matter what you say. Might as well cover all your bases.
    07-30-13 08:43 AM
    US carriers probably want to sell phones that are easy to eavesdrop on. Blackberry doesn't fit that picture so they won't promote them. All the other brands should have a sticker "PRISM ready" on them so US people actually start to think.

CB10 - Q10
    07-30-13 09:08 AM
    Just for the record the Z10 is still available on ATT!

BlackBerry Z10 - Black cell phone from AT&T
    10-20-13 11:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was bombarded as a 'fanboy' on iMore for not holding Apple supreme. I was being reasonable by weighing the pros and cons between Apple and BlackBerry. I do out negatives about BlackBerry on iMore, but as soon as I give a pro that BlackBerry has that iOS doesn't, it becomes a horrible place to post on there.

Some are arguing that DLNA/Miracast are not good things to have. Same as NFC.

Posted via my Z30.
    bizzyqu likes this.
    10-20-13 11:53 AM
    LOL thanks for the laugh. Thats some really scary behavior by people who do not choose to think for themselves.
    10-20-13 12:02 PM
    ^^ this, is the problem....

Here in America, we seem to think what makes a phone is apps. Being able to play scrabble over the air, and take pictures and make them look old and dirty, are more important than efficiency. We watch the iPhone and Samsung commercials and think we can't live without whatever popular app is out there. We go to the carriers stores and are told that.

But I bet there's a lot of Z owners out there just like me, that once I got my phone I've barely touched my personal computer. Don't need to. In fact, last time I did was to side load instagram, which I've opened and played with twice since I got it. And realized for me, it's a useless app.

Posted via CB10
    You nailed it....before the Z10, I was on my Mac Book Air all day. now I'm on it only an hour or so. I like the Air better for Go to Meeting and Skype. Otherwise all my email and other coms is via Z10 unless I need to develop an attachment to include in an email.

I find that I use only 7 apps on a daily basis and a couple additional when traveling. Can't see the need for anything beyond what I have. For me, Z is a communications tool and not a toy.

YMMV

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:07 PM
    Just got off the phone with ATT because I'm having trouble with my Z again. They tell me you have a great phone to which I tell them I've had allot of trouble. Any way I told the I understood ATT was going to drop the Z10 and they told me know it was Blackberry that was going to stop making them. So which is it guys?

Was on the phone with Blackberry a few days ago and they are going to get back to me about reloading the phone to a clean OS. Funny thing was when they had me read off my OS version which is the newest ATT has out they first said I didn't have the newest but then didn't want to talk about it after they found out I had an ATT phone. Come on guys lets work together to get these things working the best they can. Right now I'd like to give the Q a try but I'm not going to waste an upgrade to find out they are not any better then the Z
    Your first problem is going to your carrier with a problem with your BlackBerry. ;-) I assume the same could be said of all manufacturers though...any issue that doesn't have to do with data, call, or text connectivity, I come to this site first. If your issue happens to be Outlook related, it's not your phone or BlackBerry. I just had to fix mine AGAIN...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:07 PM
    I consider everything speculation until it actually happens.
    10-20-13 12:08 PM

You can wirelessly send your backup to your computer with BlackBerry Link in 10.2.

You can upgrade and downgrade your OS on Android without a computer? How often would you have to do that?

I barely go on my computer now. The only time I need to go on my computer is when I need to burn an audio cd for my car.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:18 PM
    Ok, I'm American, and a Californian at that, yet I've managed to buck then trends and haven't sued anyone and am a fan of BlackBerry. So.... since I've managed to not fall in to the stereo type my location brings along with it up to now, isn't there seriously some sort of legal action that could be brought against ATT and Verizon? It is blatant anti-competitive business. If it's by choice or due to the contracts they stupidly got themselves in to, the end result is the same, that they are purposely trying to destroy any competition for the forbidden fruit and the green robot. We could walk in to almost any carrier store, and get proof of them not just recommending i-stuff and robot stuff, which would be ok, but slandering and making false statements about BlackBerry and Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    I can't speak for AT&T, however I've heard nor experienced any negativity about the Z10 or BlackBerry 10 from any of my dealings with Verizon. I'm not going to say they go out of their way to steer people to it, but from what I've seen and experienced, it has gotten some promotion both on the website and in-store. Also, the sales reps I've talked to have actually been fairly knowledgeable about the product and reasonably positive. However, I did immediately identify myself as interested in the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:20 PM
42 12