First and foremost, hello!

I'm on the Bell Network, and for those that don't know what I am talking about, the icon that is in the top right corner with the wifi signal/cell signal bars is the "Blackberry Services" icon according to this page;

Wireless connections icons - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0

Anyway. It started a few days ago when I was working in a no-service area (Depths of a hospital) and when I came out, I was unable to send/receive BBM's. I was able to connect to browser and make phone calls, access the App World but BBM's wouldn't function at all. I ended up resetting the phone and was on my way.

Fast forward a couple of days, I did the same thing again after the OS update (I apparently was a little late to download it), and after rebooting it did the same thing. Didn't realize it as I was asleep and didn't touch the phone for a while in the morning.

Few more days go by, its all fine until just now. I connect to my wifi at home (Was at my parents, using their wifi just got home. No issues all day until this point). Same thing. At this point I know its not going to go away on its own haha.

I notice in the 'Similar Threads" section of the start a thread thing (Friggin neat function!) it shows a lot of threads for it with many different OS's but nothing on the Z10. Hoping someone with a bit more knowledge of the phone can chime in and give a hand!

-Chris

EDIT: I should add to resolve the issue I do a soft reboot using the lock key.
    03-10-13 08:43 PM
    Usually a function of a poor network signal and or poor or depleted wifi
    Just a note, I have at times in the past seen my BB symbol missing but was still able to use BBM.
    03-10-13 08:55 PM
    What I found odd was that the blackberry icon only appeared after the update for me. I was in Germany when I did the update and had data turned off on the phone, after the update I was able to bbm using WiFi where before the update it was not working.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:57 PM