Both the Z10 and BlackBerry Protect is working great for me.
    02-26-13 09:02 AM
    Nope, not anymore but I'm sure it will be back...
    I rarely disagree with you but in this case I do. I believe BlackBerry has moved completely out of cloud based services. Since the backup portion of Protect requires storage for every customer, I don't believe BB is going to provide that any longer. I would really like it if they would allow you to use it as a backup where you can store the backup on your cloud storage of choice. That would be ideal. That way it does the system level backup and schedule parts but the backup is stored on Box, Dropbox, Amazon cloud, etc...
    02-26-13 09:25 AM
    Welcome to the club. Mine deactivates itself randomly. I really hope that those issues are being fixes as a matter of urgency.

Posted via CB10
    I have the exact same problem. I turn on protect and it works fine for a few hours or days, then it just turns itself off on its own. I then turn it back on and it works again for a while, and then it shuts off again. There are definitely some bugs to be addressed.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 09:56 AM
    I have the same issue, its works fine and I can locate my device on the protect website but every now and then I get a notification saying Protect isn't supported by my service provider. It doesn't seem to make sense though because I can still access the website and see the location of my device. I just have to turn it back on and its usually good for a few days before the notification comes back.
    02-27-13 03:10 PM
    Also having a problem with protect. When I log in via the protect website I can see my Z10 and I`m able to wipe/send a message etc but when I click on locate nothing happens. I have re-installed my operating system, updated java, shockwave etc but still no good. It works if I use my playbook but for some reason not on my pc. any ideas would be appreciated
    04-13-13 03:11 PM
    I tried protect for the first time tonight but had several issues, the location said 22 hrs ago, the make ring and send message function replied with unable to communicate with phone - I then turned protect off but when turning back on I got the swirling action icon for ages, so rebooted phone upon which I then had a screaming phone with my test message on the screen. When all quietened down tried protect again but location was 2200 metres away and sound and message function back to unable to communicate with phone. Am operating protect from playbook. Best I don't lose the phone in the near future I guess :-)
    04-13-13 06:26 PM
    Bluelights: It looks like you might still be having a problem... I have been working on this for a month...I bought one from Wind and it never connected to the protect server. I took the phone to Wind tech, they took the sim card out and put it in a different phone and it worked. They then put the sim card back in my phone and it still didn't work. They were going to give me a replacement phone, but I forgot my receipt so I had to go back home. While going home I wiped the phone, went through the initial startup steps, made sure the latest OS updates were put on and tried the protect. It worked right away! I restored the backup and it still works. Just as a side note of caution, the calendar entries were set to hotmail read only though and now are being manually put back in.... The restore went went smooth. It took a long time to restore 7G, but worked, app data everything. All the passwords had to be re-typed in though. I hope this helps.
    04-13-13 08:24 PM
    Had the same problem. Called Verizon - not too hopeful - but in the list of things which the lady on the phone mentioned was a list of browsers with which Blackberry Protect would work. Internet Explorer 10 did not work... Switched to Chrome and it worked fine. Understand that not all Chrome versions are supported...
    04-26-13 10:39 AM
    hello! i have same problem, in my z10 ist BlackBerry Protect enabled, location services too, but on web protect.blackberry.com is blank, without my z10...is any solutions for fix this, without changing BBID?

i am tried restarting device, reenabling BlackBerry Protect, Location services, but...without effect :/
    01-30-14 04:41 PM
    hello! i have same problem, in my z10 ist BlackBerry Protect enabled, location services too, but on web protect.blackberry.com is blank, without my z10...is any solutions for fix this, without changing BBID?

i am tried restarting device, reenabling BlackBerry Protect, Location services, but...without effect :/
    I can't recall if you have to add it or it is automatic. It may also take some time to register in the background. When I recently tried BB Protect, it had the pin for my old z10 (defective and replaced) and my new z10.

But then Protect failed to communicate with it till I rebooted. (unfortunately, if I lost it I would probably not be in a position to reboot it!!!!!)
    01-30-14 06:01 PM
    I can't recall if you have to add it or it is automatic. It may also take some time to register in the background.
    this has been my problem, now it is ok but i have new problem, location see my z10 in Iraq, but really is in Slovakia...and in few moments it is all ok, but after few second is in Iraq again
    01-31-14 03:18 AM
    this has been my problem, now it is ok but i have new problem, location see my z10 in Iraq, but really is in Slovakia...and in few moments it is all ok, but after few second is in Iraq again
    That's ODD!
    01-31-14 11:06 AM
    [QUOTE=It needs work thats for sure.[/QUOTE]

Mine works just fine. Tested all BlackBerry Protect features on my Q10 last week and it works pretty good. Very rarely (maybe 1 or 2 times) my Q10 had some glitches, a restart and everything solved. I have my Q10 for almost a year now and it is my superdruper communication and organization brain so those very rare hickups are not an issue. Humans have a bad day too.

CB10 - Q10
    01-31-14 11:20 AM
    Well... if you've ever posted your IMEI or PIN on line... it may be in two places at once.
    01-31-14 12:29 PM
    Well... if you've ever posted your IMEI or PIN on line... it may be in two places at once.
    01-31-14 12:29 PM
    I know it sounds crazy and does not even make sense, but login with Firefox to https://protect.blackberry.com I was having and refreshing/clearing Chrome and Firefox windows next to each other, and in Chrome it said : "add a device to this account, load the BlackBerry Protect Application onto your device from the" and in Firefox my Z10 was displaying. And I am 1000% sure I logged in to the same BB ID account.

Also check out the complete guide I wrote for the Q10 and Q10:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...e/td-p/2819798

Hope it helps
    03-14-14 08:45 AM
    I have had this issue since day 1 of my Z10, Blackberry cannot seem to work out what the issue is.

Blackberry Protect simply does not work at all, even tho it is turned on in the phone, the website does not show my device, just blank with how to add device.
    Everything else with my BBID works fine and i even have a replacement Z10 with a new pin, and still the same, so it seems its an internal issue at Blackberry!

I am almost at the point where i will just setup a new BBID and wipe the phone, all data i can restore, the only thing i cannot think of is how to move my BBM contacts from the old ID to the new ID.

So if anyone can help with either A) the protect issue or B) how i can move my BBM contacts that would be great!
    I had to say something cos all I was seeing is everyone saying mine works fine, fine, fine. I'm also on my second z10 from a replacement for several issues. I've done all the restart, disable and enable location services and still on the website it says No device attached to the protect account.
    I do hope an update fixes this.
    04-02-14 05:40 PM
    This just worked for me after I had given up on the protect feature.
    First I did the normal turn on protect and location services.
    Then I logged into the protect.blackberry.com website from the phone browser (bb z10 default browser). It still came up saying no device attached but after I left it that way for about 15mins it logged me out and when I logged in hurray there was my device showing. Hope this works for you, do let me/us know.
    awindsr likes this.
    04-02-14 06:03 PM
    Try with a different browser
    Delete your cookies
    07-06-14 08:44 AM
    I deleted all the cookies on the Safari browser on my Macbook and it worked.
    Ted
    02-10-15 07:13 PM
45 12