Hi all
    I was sure my old bb was backed up to blackberry protect servers automatically so could recover from these I'd phone lost or damaged
    I assumed z10 would be also but I can see it's registered to my I'd but no mention of backup or restore

How does it work

Thanks for any help

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 07:30 AM
    Hi all
    I was sure my old bb was backed up to blackberry protect servers automatically so could recover from these I'd phone lost or damaged
    I assumed z10 would be also but I can see it's registered to my I'd but no mention of backup or restore

How does it work

Thanks for any help

Posted via CB10
    Actually, BB Protect doesn't work for Z10.
    I mean you can make a terrible sound on your phone if you lose it and track it online, etc. but it does nothing with backing up contacts and letting you restore.

Maybe with 10.2???

You need to find another way to save your contacts.
    Oh and welcome to CB!!!!!
    07-31-13 07:36 AM
    Actually, BB Protect doesn't work for Z10.
    I mean you can make a terrible sound on your phone if you lose it and track it online, etc. but it does nothing with backing up contacts and letting you restore.

Maybe with 10.2???

You need to find another way to save your contacts.
    Oh and welcome to CB!!!!!

Though technically true, a user coming from BBOS can still restore their contacts and other important info onto their new BB10 device by using the BlackBerry Link software. When you first connect the BB10 device to your computer, it'll ask if you would like to complete a one-time transfer of your information from your legacy BlackBerry device. Not ideal but a valid alternative.

Moving forward, however, you will have to use the desktop Link software to backup this info (or use apps/cloud storage) until they can restore better Protect functionality.

So far, there has been no indication with 10.2 that this functionality has been implemented yet.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 and loving it!
    07-31-13 07:54 AM
    If link worked properly that would be the answer. Problem is link barely works, usually errors and is unreliable.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 08:44 AM
    If link worked properly that would be the answer. Problem is link barely works, usually errors and is unreliable.

Posted via CB10
    It usually works fine for me, but it is unreliable for many people.

07-31-13 09:08 AM
    Thanks guys very helpful, I thought this may be the case but wanted to double check, guess I will have to try link asap.

Does link now cover old os and BlackBerry 10 or just bb10, Last Q should I go windows or mac link ?

I prefer mac if it works
    Cheers.
    Phil

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:52 PM
    Thanks guys very helpful, I thought this may be the case but wanted to double check, guess I will have to try link asap.

Does link now cover old os and BlackBerry 10 or just bb10, Last Q should I go windows or mac link ?

I prefer mac if it works
    Cheers.
    Phil

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure of Link officially works with BBOS, I think I remember reading somewhere that you'll still need the old BlackBerry Desktop Manager to manage your legacy devices, but if you have one on you try it out and see if it works.

07-31-13 02:18 PM