Seeing there is going to be BB protect on the Z/X 10 phones ( why wouldn't there be). as I have a OS 7 phone ( 9900) and there is a chance that 90% of my apps that I have downloaded ect my not work on either phone will it tell me that as an example (tunein radio pro (love that app)) is not compatible with this phone or will it not just install..?
- CrackBerry User
01-28-2013, 10:56 PM #2
- 33 Posts
not install at all
you would need to DL the bb10 version of the same app.
now will Rim let you DL the same app but the bb10 vrs for free.
that is a very good Q.THE BLACKER THE BLACKBERRY THE SWEETER THE JUICE
Z10 - PB 16GB WIFI
BB 9630 TOUR
BB 8830 WORLD
- CrackBerry User
01-29-2013, 01:11 AM #5
- 58 Posts
As a developer I can assure you that from a technical viewport all vendors are able to offer free updates. The BlackBerry World Vendor Portal allows to specify multiple releases, even different version numbers for different OS versions. This allows to release the same product as an Java version for BB7, as AIR for the PlayBook and as Cascades for BB10.
But I'm not sure how often we're going to see this.
Please keep in mind that Java developers had to completely rewrite their app. From scratch - independently of what the dev relations team promised. Going from Java to Cascades was probably the most strenuous path and the dev's effort probably worth a buck or two.
- By yester18 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 28Last Post: 09-28-2010, 06:12 PM
- By stormchaser_77 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 10Last Post: 04-18-2009, 03:15 PM
- By JRHOADES20 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 08-30-2008, 06:44 PM
- By KrestonOtterBox in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 15Last Post: 05-07-2008, 06:25 PM
- By Jeh in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2008, 06:38 PM