Typing on the Z10 has been so much better than I expected. I didn't think I would love it as much as I do.

Having said that, there's one thing that really irks me; no automatic back space for punctuation marks other than the period and the comma when flick typing. (If I have missed something that I have to turn on to get this, please feel free to tell me.)

I hate having to back track to delete the extra space. It isn't very efficient. Some might say, "what's the big deal? Just leave the space. "

I don't like the extra spaces. It makes me think that something is wrong, so BlackBerry, add this to the list of improvements because it would certainly enhanced this user's experience.

Posted via CB10 ~ visit my portrait channel C0011B779
    rhitdoph likes this.
    05-24-13 10:39 AM
    interesting.. I don't have that problem with my version Z10STL-3/10.1.0.1720

Which punctuation marks are you talking about? I have no problem with comma, period, question mark, or exclamation. The "/" leaves a space though.
    05-24-13 11:18 AM
    I didn't delete the spaces below and some of the marks weren't use properly. This is just to show what it looks like.

When typing periods or commas, I have no problems. However, the problem comes up with question marks, exclamation marks, etc. What's causing this ? I don't know ! Do you see how weird that looks ?

Yes, I know I'm picky. I use my phone to respond to clients and potential clients, and it just doesn't look professional to me.

Here is an example of the colon and semicolon : of course it isn't in the right place ; it's just for demo purpose only !

05-24-13 11:28 AM
    Testing this : out for the thread ? It does, the same ! On mine when flick. Typing

Hmm. I guess I was just used to fixing it manually that I never realised that not all punctuation was dealt with the same way in terms of spacing.

Should be easy to fix I would think. Probably very low on the priority list.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 11:34 AM
    I've noticed this as well, and I agree with you. I'm a bit picky as well, but you need to look somewhat professional when dealing with clients!
    trynacu2 and rhitdoph like this.
    05-24-13 11:45 AM
    My question mark follow just fine?
    Me: this is ok! No? Yes!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 11:55 AM
    I had! El hotel de gestin?

Both English and Spanish work fine for me!

I'm on 1762
    Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 11:56 AM
    This is a test! It seems to follow just fine using flick typing, right? Of note is that I am running official 10.1 released by my carrier. Colon: and semi-colon; test.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 11:59 AM
    I think in this day and age of mobile devices and virtual keyboards and autocorrect, it's becoming acceptable to make some typos and have strange punctuation even on business emails, but having said that, yes that does look weird.
    05-24-13 11:59 AM
    This is a test! It seems to follow just fine using flick typing, right? Of note is that I am running official 10.1 released by my carrier. Colon: and semi-colon; test.

Posted via CB10
    Weird, I'm on official 10.1 as well. I have multiple keyboard languages enabled, do you ?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:10 PM
    I tried to break the punctuation on my Z10 as you described. It works right the first time.

What I am seeing is that the space is there momentarily but then, without intervention, the space goes away.
    Check on your keyboard spacebar as well - it should be showing you what it plans to place on the screen.
    05-24-13 12:25 PM
    Region: Canada (English)
    Text Input: English US

Note this works strictly for flick typing. If I try to put a punctuation mark after the spacebar autocorrects a word, I will have a space.
    05-24-13 12:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have a 10.1 also, but it is a leak. I wonder why it is fine for some, but not all ?

05-24-13 01:13 PM

Note this works strictly for flick typing. If I try to put a punctuation mark after the spacebar autocorrects a word, I will have a space.
    Mine works fine after flicking or auto correct, I put in the ! or ? it doesn't leave a space. It DOES do it for colon or semicolons though.

On Rogers 10.1 update.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    05-24-13 01:20 PM

^^This for me. Punctuation works fine unless I use the spacebar autocorrection, which, I don't normally use. Leaked 10.1.0.1880.
    05-24-13 01:22 PM
    While we're on the topic of BBRY fixing things, how about fixing some smart dialing issues. I've searched the forum, no answers, all I've been seeing is that its a known issue. Several updates later, its still an issue. I tried the leaked update of a few days ago, no luck, went back to the official 10.1, still no luck. As an example, a number stored as 0808 123 4567 in your phone book will show names when a call comes in, but no names when an sms comes in because the sms will have the country code before it like this (+234)808 123 4567, so the name won't show. Now if you save the number with the country code, the sms will show the name and a phone call won't. I've tried the smart dialing settings etc, no dice! Any of you good folks know a way around this? Or this remains an unresolved known issue?

BB Z10 STL100-2
    OS - 10.1.0.1720
    Location - Nigeria
    05-24-13 02:21 PM
    While we're on the topic of BBRY fixing things, how about fixing some smart dialing issues. I've searched the forum, no answers, all I've been seeing is that its a known issue. Several updates later, its still an issue. I tried the leaked update of a few days ago, no luck, went back to the official 10.1, still no luck. As an example, a number stored as 0808 123 4567 in your phone book will show names when a call comes in, but no names when an sms comes in because the sms will have the country code before it like this (+234)808 123 4567, so the name won't show. Now if you save the number with the country code, the sms will show the name and a phone call won't. I've tried the smart dialing settings etc, no dice! Any of you good folks know a way around this? Or this remains an unresolved known issue?

BB Z10 STL100-2
    OS - 10.1.0.1720
    Location - Nigeria
    I have a problem with that too. Right now I just save two numbers, regular one and one with area code.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:02 PM
    I have noticed it and I hate it, op you are not alone

Posted via CB10
    trynacu2 likes this.
    05-24-13 10:06 PM
    I do not think the specific extra-space issue is listed, but I do believe the "country code" issue is listed in the following list:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-daily-793932/

If it's not in there, feel free to suggest it in a comment.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    05-25-13 03:02 AM
    Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141

I just write all the punctuation:

Correct:
    Question? Exclamation! Dot. Double apostrophe " left brackets ( right brackets) left square bracket [ right square bracket] left curly bracket { right curly bracket} the french apostrophes are correct, too, but the post is broken, when included.

Incorrect, IMHO:
    Semicolon ; doubles : slash / single apostrophe ' at @ underline _

I hope the latter is going to be fixed in 10.3.

Cheers
    04-23-14 03:20 PM