I've used the z10 for a few weeks and I must say the BlackBerry 10 (10.2) is not that bad. I just wish it had better hardware and cameras.

Maybe edge to edge IPS display, higher PPI, touch to focus cameras with optical image stabilization and BSI, and keep the current dimensions in tact (great for one hand use).

Use the iPhone 6 as benchmark and make a z10 replacement that's better than the 6.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 09:25 AM
    yeah. we have been saying that....there is the Z30 as a Z10 replacement. What we need is a Z30 successor....
    03-31-15 09:38 AM
    ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2582
    03-31-15 09:55 AM
    Nope I don't think z30 will be a better upgrade at this time...we need a powerful and flagship all touch phone...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 09:55 AM
    It's called the z30. I didn't think I'd like it until I got one. After about a week it doesn't seem big and my old z10 feels tiny! Plus I never have to charge the thing.Even when I play android games all day I still get like 12 hours and if I don't use it much I'll get over 19!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 10:02 AM
    I think the Z30 is too wide and thick for one handed use, unless your thumb is long enough and able to reach from one end to the other. I had problems dialing and using the Z30 when I had it. The Amoled screen on the Z30 is dimmer, unlike IPS display used on the Z10. Not much improvements with the cameras either.

I think the size of the Z10 is perfect. Just need to stretch the usable screen space all the way up/down and to the sides.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 11:15 AM
    It's called the z30. I didn't think I'd like it until I got one. After about a week it doesn't seem big and my old z10 feels tiny! Plus I never have to charge the thing.Even when I play android games all day I still get like 12 hours and if I don't use it much I'll get over 19!

Posted via CB10
    OP wants a higher PPI display than the Z10 (which takes some beating), the Z30 display falls far short of this desire.

If you use the standard iPhone 6 as a benchmark then you should know that the Z10 has a better display than the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    ckh_bb likes this.
    03-31-15 11:56 AM
    I have an iPhone 6 and 6 plus and a Nexus 6. I always liked Android. I also had a Z10 bit didn't use it much. Off late I started using it. I felt so good. Suddenly I was on the top of my 7 email accounts, I could use my phone while eating and can do everything with just one thumb. I was suddenly responding more on Mail and messengers. The all black design feels so good in hand. The light that blinks now can be customised with so many colours thanks to 10.3. I absolutely love it. I just can't use iphone or nexus anymore. The way mail is displayed to the way it is composed is so advanced and productive. The way attachments are shown in one place. The list is endless. They keyboard is simply as good as the physical keys or maybe faster. I never experienced it on nexus or iphone. The bedside more is so useful.
    The entire OS right from displayimg info to putting calendar on the top of hub makes it undoubtedly the best OS for people who want a dependable technology. The OS feels so mature be it mail or test. I simply love the reader mode in the browser and black themes which are available even for the document.
    I just wish that Z10 type.devices keep coming. A REPLACEABLE BATTERY IS A MUST.

Dear BlackBerry pls do keep selling Z10 or like devices (Z30 and Leap are just too low specked and no replaceable battery). Z10 is perfect in size, looks and everything. It makes me so productive and confident that I am in touch.

Please either create a Z10 with more better specs and don't give up on removable battery or keep selling it

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 12:27 PM
    Most importantly, better cameras!!

We all use out smartphone to capture precious moments.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 06:42 PM
    BlackBerry does NOT need another phone.

The phones they have are good enough.

Their security is second to none.

But consumers don't care about security.

Consumers only care about the apps.

BlackBerry does not have the apps.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    03-31-15 07:15 PM
    Wait for the 2000 dollar SecuSmart Samsung S6 .
    03-31-15 07:56 PM
    OP wants a higher PPI display than the Z10 (which takes some beating), the Z30 display falls far short of this desire.

If you use the standard iPhone 6 as a benchmark then you should know that the Z10 has a better display than the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I agree if you compare the sharpness, Z10 is better than iP6, but ppi alone doesn't define the quality of a display. I loved iP6 display, it's LED backlit IPS LCD display, it's so vibrant and clear, doesn't look like a dull LCD display to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 09:08 PM
    How about the blackberry knight rumor? Specs of the bb knigt real nice. Z10 successor
    03-31-15 11:58 PM
    Oslo?

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    04-01-15 04:11 AM
    I agree if you compare the sharpness, Z10 is better than iP6, but ppi alone doesn't define the quality of a display. I loved iP6 display, it's LED backlit IPS LCD display, it's so vibrant and clear, doesn't look like a dull LCD display to me.

Posted via CB10
    It's certainly not a dull LCD display, it's not as crisp or bright as a Z10 display though. Colour replication on the Z10 is remarkable and true, I do not know the specification details of its spectrum coverage but it holds a torch to my Kindle HDX display that has perfect RGB coverage.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 09:35 AM
    It REALLY needs 2 things

1. A better camera. The Z10 Camera is awful unless you're in good light.
    2. This is more of a software thing but the ability to update the Android runtime without a full OS update. So Blackberry can push OTA Android run time updates willy nilly, without any input from carriers. This is something is holding back Blackberry since it sucks for people to suddenly have no access to tons of apps because we have to wait 6 months between every carrier OK.

It can of course always use

1. Better screen. Not really necessary because the screen's not bad as is but of course would be nice.
    2. Better processor. Again not really necessary because it works pretty well already, of course would be nice.
    3. More RAM. ...not necessary....nice... yadda yadda.
    4. Better speakers.
    04-01-15 07:12 PM
    It REALLY needs 2 things

1. A better camera. The Z10 Camera is awful unless you're in good light.
    2. This is more of a software thing but the ability to update the Android runtime without a full OS update. So Blackberry can push OTA Android run time updates willy nilly, without any input from carriers. This is something is holding back Blackberry since it sucks for people to suddenly have no access to tons of apps because we have to wait 6 months between every carrier OK.

It can of course always use

1. Better screen. Not really necessary because the screen's not bad as is but of course would be nice.
    2. Better processor. Again not really necessary because it works pretty well already, of course would be nice.
    3. More RAM. ...not necessary....nice... yadda yadda.
    4. Better speakers.
    My wishlist would include 32GB of storage because 16GB has always been to restrictive for me, Z30 speakers would be nice and a larger battery (although personally I'd be quite happy with the same tiny battery because I have two spare).

Expected from a new device would be a better camera and a reasonable bump in CPU and RAM specs to help close the gap on Android performance.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:00 PM