Ok, we are all in shock that the Z10 didn't do as well as we thought. And since we've all become arm chair CEOs for a day, this is what I think BlackBerry needs. We all know the marketing has been abysmal and there is a few good threads discussing that. What I think is BlackBerry needs a good gimmick. I know the Z10 is a fantastic phone, hell I get a signal where my HTC couldn't. The hub is marvellous and I love the industrial design. There are a lot of good things but I think we need a Gimmick.

There is no shame in taking a page from Apple and Samsung's playbook. Apple has there is an app for that (for everything the phone cannot do). They also have the premium design thing - "look,we use an all glass back ". Samsung has decided to cram all the high specs and special effects into their phone. Even if you will never use them. "Hey look, our phones have 8 cores. You may never use them but you can have them". So I say functionality is good but we need a Gimmick. So what is that good for? It is good marketing tool. I think the next BB10 phone should have a Gimmick. I don't know what but we need something.

Posted via CB10
    h20work and Grumblegrumble like this.
    06-30-13 08:40 PM
    Z10 itself is the gimmick

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:48 PM
    I totally agree. A phone, especially a new one needs a certain 'cool' factor in order to differentiate itself from other phones and to be widely successful. Besides the predictive text, a few camera settings, and the swipe to unlock, BlackBerry sorely lacks this.
    However, I would not like BlackBerry to turn into Samsung, adding settings and features like crazy to the point where it is messy and doesn't seem premium anymore. I want them to pick the best ones and include them in the OS.
    Which is what worries me, because in the past, BlackBerry has executed this kind of decision making poorly.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:49 PM
    Here's a unique gimmick that would help: Apps
    heepman and dynot like this.
    06-30-13 08:50 PM
    It doesn't need a gimmick. That's its gimmick.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-30-13 08:53 PM

Posted via
    jason18 likes this.
    06-30-13 09:08 PM
    My Verizon Z10 already has a gimmick.

It restarts on its own at no extra charge.
    06-30-13 09:15 PM
    Z10 - " in 6 months we may have an app like that "

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    DFalbru21 and Sergeant_Im like this.
    06-30-13 09:22 PM
    Heard!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:23 PM

Then you sir, have not updated
    06-30-13 09:26 PM
    How about "We don't need an App for that!"

With the hub for example, no need to jump into your social apps to answer a message. Built in photo editing including time shift.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz, slparry and sk8er_tor like this.
    06-30-13 09:38 PM
    How about "We don't need an App for that!"

With the hub for example, no need to jump into your social apps to answer a message. Built in photo editing including time shift.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, BlackBerry......NO APPS REQUIRED, BUT WE HAVE SOME!

Lol....DONE! Print it up!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-30-13 10:22 PM
    We have time shift
    We have story maker
    We have hub
    We have active frames

That's 4 right there.

Okay, so, they're all useful. It's not like they're something you can't base an ad around

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    06-30-13 10:29 PM
    The "Gimmick" if you will, is no home button! BlackBerry must advertise the Z10 next to the iPhone and S4 showing how fast and efficiently the performs, multi tasking its

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:34 PM
    Sorry, continued... multi tasking its way around the competition. No home button IS the gimmick....

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:36 PM
    The phone already has gimmick! Its sending the message to the consumer where the problem is. Again it boils down to marketing..

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:38 PM

You saved money not having to buy quick pull
    06-30-13 10:44 PM

You do realize that the vast majority never experienced this, right? It was blown way out of proportion and is fixed in any case.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:51 PM
    We have time shift
    We have story maker
    We have hub
    We have active frames

That's 4 right there.

Okay, so, they're all useful. It's not like they're something you can't base an ad around

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Story maker is interesting. You can't base an ad around active frames (IMO) only because they're pretty much useless not to mention android users would laugh and say that widgets are better. The galaxy s4 is loaded with just about every camera feature there is. Blackberry needs to fine tune the hub, before they think about shooting a commercial about it. With that being said i would to see them advertise the story maker mode, as well as the hub.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    06-30-13 10:59 PM
    "We have more coming soon, than you've ever had"
    h20work likes this.
    06-30-13 11:08 PM
    "The only phone without a home button" or "Our OS runs the world" (reference to QNX)

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:12 PM
    "The only phone without a home button" or "Our OS runs the world" (reference to QNX)

Posted via CB10
    See that's where you're wrong grasshopper, mother nature's OS runs the world.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    06-30-13 11:16 PM
    I think a marketing campaign around the HUB would be the selling point. Something like this...

Guy walks in the door after long day of work, throws Z on the couch head into other room (focus on the couch and phone, man and background blur out) a notification comes through and the guy re enters the room plops on the couch and picks up his Z. Screen shot looking down at the man's hands holding his Z he quickly swipes into the Hub and "Peaks" where new notifications from twitter (random CrackBerry tweet), email (boss looking for him to come back in for overtime), BBM (hot girl he met the other night wants to meet up for a drink) , Facebook (friends at the sports bar grabbing a beer) are waiting. Camera pans back to a picture of the man on the couch holding his Z as he quickly imagines the scenario at each event. You see him reply using the awesome keyboard and it just says "be there in a few..." ( keeping us guessing which he responded to) Then he gets up and walks out of the frame disappearing in to the background momentarily as he reappears into the frame he grabs the Z from the couch, grabs his coat and keys and a notification comes through. Pans back to the Z in his hands showing a BBM from hot girl that reads "can't wait ;-)"... screen fades as he walks out and closes the door. The voice over comes on saying "it's your life... start living in it". Then splash " the new BlackBerry... Keep Moving"

The point is gimmicks have no substance, blackberry 10 has tons of substance! It's freaking cool and fun but people still think of lawyers, government, and businessmen... this is not inspiring! People once loved BlackBerry, make them remember why, it was how they communicated!!!! Then show them how much better it is now! BTW anyone interested in helping me shoot something like that for YouTube or BlackBerry lmk, I'm in the Chicago land area!

Posted via CB10
    ricocan, lil_g, slparry and 2 others like this.
    06-30-13 11:41 PM
    See that's where you're wrong grasshopper, mother nature's OS runs the world.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    "Human Stupidity" tm? =))

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    06-30-13 11:41 PM
    Props to the person who suggested "you don't need an app for that" as a slogan. I would add "You need a phone that works" or something to that effect.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:57 PM
42 12