Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry must be kidding (Price for Z10 India)

I am not sure what Blackberry is trying to achieve but if they are gonna go ahead with the current pricing of 45000 INR (830 US$ approx) for launch in India, I think for many of the fanboys like me in India it is goodbye Blackberry. May still wait for the Q10 and see what would be the pricing to give Blackberry a last shot, but it is definitely not a Z10 with this atrocious pricing.
    Given below is the pricing of Z10 from one of the most trusted online shopping site.

BlackBerry Z10 - BlackBerry: Flipkart.com

Anyways will be back later today after the Blackberry Launch to confirm the pricing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Blame the carries not BlackBerry they don't control the pricing.

Posted via CB10
    Dapper37 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknownUser View Post

Posted via CB10
    In India the pricing is controlled by the resellers. a very very very small percentage of the phones is by carriers. Most people buy phones outright at shops and just put in a carrier sim card.
    i would assume that 99% of the phones (GSM ones) are sold unlocked in India.
    joe.miller likes this.
    CrackBerry User

This isn't even the official price. This is grey market price. Why complain about having to pay a lot of money for a phone that hasn't even been officially released in the market yet?
    Thanked by:
    bitek (02-26-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2B631BE4

It will be unveiled today but my hunch is it would be Rs 39500 as announced earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminabottle View Post
    This isn't even the official price. This is grey market price. Why complain about having to pay a lot of money for a phone that hasn't even been officially released in the market yet?
    Prithvi (pin:2B631BE4)
    Z30/10.2.1.2947/2274)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknownUser View Post

Posted via CB10
    It is not carrier specific... all phones sold in India are Unlocked... you can pop in any carrier SIM...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by jiminabottle View Post
    The price I mentioned is not grey market price... The online website which i mentioned (Flipkart) is one of the best that sells the best at the best prices.... And normally they would mention pre-order.... Anyways will be in a better position once the launch is done tonight.

It cost me more to get mine from Canada before the US release. Buying anything before the release date will cost more money. Once it launches, the price will probably be in line with the Galaxy S3.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Fair enough most is by resellers but still not BlackBerry's fault.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    blue quill (02-25-2013) 
    joe.miller likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Blackberry must be kidding (Price for Z10 India)

Anything more than note 2 price is asking for trouble

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
    Thanked by 2:
    mrskycar (02-25-2013),  Revampd (02-25-2013) 
    LimeTripBlog and MC_A_DOT like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by usuraj View Post
    I am not sure what Blackberry is trying to achieve but if they are gonna go ahead with the current pricing of 45000 INR (830 US$ approx) for launch in India, I think for many of the fanboys like me in India it is goodbye Blackberry. May still wait for the Q10 and see what would be the pricing to give Blackberry a last shot, but it is definitely not a Z10 with this atrocious pricing.
    Given below is the pricing of Z10 from one of the most trusted online shopping site.

Anyways will be back later today after the Blackberry Launch to confirm the pricing.
    Confirmed at an BlackBerry Outlet in my city: Price is 38,000. 45k is what flip-kart is selling; pretty much like "pay-higher-if-you-want-it-first" thing.
    Curve 9300 > PlayBook 32GB + Bold 9900 + Z10 SLT 100-1 + Z10 SLT 100-2

No matter how tough things get in life, always Pinch-Zoom-To-Find-Unread-Messages-In-The-Hub, and remember that the Squircle of life shall prevail.

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Fool me several times more, HeyLook! I just upgraded from iPhone5 to iPhone 5C.
    Thanked by:
    joe.miller (02-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,119 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by usuraj View Post

its your carrier charging that much, not blackberry.

Weird thing is i had a feeling that carriers in countries like india, MEA, , asia etc would charge more then iphones and androids for the bb10, because bbm is so popular in those countries and most people with bbos7 will upgrade due to bbm, its sad if that what they are doing as its not fair to customers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Confirmed at BB10 launch in Mumbai: BBZ10 is INR 43,490 (that's more than an average engineer's monthly salary in India). Sucks!

No matter how tough things get in life, always Pinch-Zoom-To-Find-Unread-Messages-In-The-Hub, and remember that the Squircle of life shall prevail.

CrackBerry User

CrackBerry Abuser

Just a thought, but dont the phone carriers have any decision on pricing?
    Maybe the $850 you are quoting is reflective of demand?
    Then again, this is Crackberry and it seems to many that the sky is falling everyday, lets just blame Blackberry for it...jeesh

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and joe.miller like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ugh, if BB10 is a success it looks like Blackberry are going do an Apple in the way they treat their customers.
    mrskycar likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

There you go it is official now Blackberry Z10 India 43490 INR (806 US$) My last hope is Q10 if the pricing is still Bad...Then it is Goodbye from me to Blackberry (With a heavy heart).
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by doug8256 View Post
    Just a thought, but dont the phone carriers have any decision on pricing?
    Maybe the $850 you are quoting is reflective of demand?
    Then again, this is Crackberry and it seems to many that the sky is falling everyday, lets just blame Blackberry for it...jeesh

Posted via CB10
    As far as I know I can switch carriers here in India as and when I want and I dont owe them any money unlike other carriers in US or Cannada. I can have a BB10, Apple, HTC and Galaxy S3 at the same time and just switch sims. So the carriers dont have a hand over here on the pricing. They just make money on the Voice and Data plans.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by SDTRMG View Post
    its your carrier charging that much, not blackberry.

Weird thing is i had a feeling that carriers in countries like india, MEA, , asia etc would charge more then iphones and androids for the bb10, because bbm is so popular in those countries and most people with bbos7 will upgrade due to bbm, its sad if that what they are doing as its not fair to customers.
    Well, no. There's no such thing as 'carrier charging' in India. We simply walk into a BlackBerry store ( or any other outlet), pick up the phone, insert any providers' sim-card and start using. There's no contract-locking here in India; just buy the handset and use any service provider you like. So, yes, that's what BlackBerry is charging here. More than the avg. monthly salary of a software engineer in India, that price is a joke.
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 02-25-2013 at 03:29 AM.

usuraj and Etios like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

The price does seem very high, but on par with other "flagship" phones. In Canada, the Z10 pricing is similar to iPhone and S3...I'm sure price will come down in a couple of months. For my own interest, what would a Bold 9900 have cost back when it launched in 2011? I can't expect it to be that low.....
    CrackBerry Master

I paid 600 euros for it here in Paris. Paid 750 for the 9900. So?

Posted via CB10
    8800>9000>9700>9900>Z10>Q10

PlayBook
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbondOO7 View Post

Posted via CB10
    So good for you... But comparing with other phones here in India the pricing is WAY TOO HIGH. It is just not AFFORDABLE.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbondOO7 View Post

Posted via CB10
    Consider this:

Prices in India -
    S3 - INR 27,000
    Note 2 - INR 37,500
    iPhone 4 - INR 36,000
    Bold 9900 - INR 31,000
    Z10 - INR 45,000

I've been waiting for Z10, but this is sheer stupid pricing. Even if I can afford to buy this and the phone is as good as it is, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to price it above the likes of Note 2.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts

That pricing allows for more flexibility in promotions ...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Quote Originally Posted by Ankit RS View Post
    Consider this:

Prices in India -
    S3 - INR 27,000
    Note 2 - INR 37,500
    iPhone 4 - INR 36,000
    Bold 9900 - INR 31,000
    Z10 - INR 45,000

I've been waiting for Z10, but this is sheer stupid pricing. Even if I can afford to buy this and the phone is as good as it is, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to price it above the likes of Note 2.
    I totally agree Ankit, Fan or Not a Fan... 45000 is still a huge amount for a phone...
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast