My maps worked perfect until today, I never had any issues with it. I tried reseting the phone, did battery pulls and nothing. I click on the maps icon and I get a black screen for 3 seconds then it goes back to the active frames. I checked all settings and they are ok. Funny thing is that my other navigation app, Mireo works fine, so it is not a hardware issue.
    I'm on Verizon, btw
    Any ideas?

Here's the screen :

BlackBerry Maps stopped working-img_00000133.png

PIN 333AE4B3
    04-18-13 11:36 PM
    After it closes and it takes me back to the active frames screen, I get the small Gps icon in the upper left corner active for about 10 seconds, then it disappears.

BlackBerry Maps stopped working-img_00000134.png

PIN 333AE4B3
    04-18-13 11:41 PM
    Did you try deleting and reinstalling BlackBerry Maps? You didn't say you did, that would be the next thing I tried. I'm also on a VZW Z10, my Maps are still working fine, so it's not a Verizon issue. I also have Mireo installed.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:01 AM
    Did you try deleting and reinstalling BlackBerry Maps? You didn't say you did, that would be the next thing I tried. I'm also on a VZW Z10, my Maps are still working fine, so it's not a Verizon issue. I also have Mireo installed.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how to delete os embedded apps like Maps. If I press the maps icon for a second it does not show the recycle bin like other apps do
    BlackBerry Maps stopped working-img_00000135.png

PIN 333AE4B3
    04-19-13 12:14 AM
    BlackBerry Maps has been acting out this week but tends to sort itself out after a few attempts. Tim Hortons application exhibited odd behaviour this week as well.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-19-13 05:33 PM
    I have run into the same problem, map goes to the same screen as OP and then drops. Then shows the GPS symbol, I am using the Sports Tracker app and it shows the map, I have no other mapping program loaded. The only thing that I added this week was the Beta BBM Channels which has it own problems. Short of using BB Link to take back to factory no idea how to reload the map program. In to Torch and the BB Desktop you remove and reload programs. Have tried starting Maps for more than an hour, restart the Z10 and pulled the battery nothing changed. I am on Verizon but don't see how that would have anything to do with it.

Suspect there may others having this problem.
    05-17-13 08:50 PM
    Mine was messed up yesterday but today its working fine

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:51 PM
    Yeah my Maps haven't worked after I updated it to 10.1.0.273.

You can't reload the app like with BB6 & 7 through desktop manager. I'm planning on backing up then doing a factory reset and then restoring.

Also Maps on my second Z10 is fine after the update weird. No response from BB Maps support yet.
    Last edited by RohrohrohURboat; 05-22-13 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Additional info
    05-22-13 08:27 AM
    My maps stopped working after i installed poynt, after deleting poynt everything went back to normal.

So i installed it again just now and noticed that if poynt is open i get the following msg when i try to use navigation

Attachment 164095

But when poynt is closed everything works fine with maps
    05-22-13 09:01 AM
    Just an update.

I didn't have any joy with the reset and restore. I did notice that bb Link continued to ask to update the Z10 to 10.1.0.273 which was already installed. must have been a bad install.

I couldn't work out how to reinstall the 10.1.0.273 software so I downloaded the leaked 10.1.X.1880 and installed it. It works well and so does maps.

I'm a happy camper.

PS.Take heed that the leaked version may not be for you. Sorry, feel I have to say that.

PSS. You don't reload the 10.1.X.1880 software via Link. You backup your phone, close BBLink, disconnect your phone, reconnect your phone(disconnect /reconnect may be not required - just to be safe) , then execute the leaked software(after you have un zipped it).
    Then input your BBid, then restore your phone using BBlink. Happy days.
    05-24-13 11:40 PM