So I turn BlackBerry maps on, put my destination and turn the screen off because I'm driving and it constantly freezes. Just the app. Sometimes, it won't freeze but at the destination, I'll click arrived or whatever it is and it won't do anything.

A maps app isn't supposed to freeze.

Anyone else experience that?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:52 AM
    No, mine works fine so far.
    I say that because I'm with Verizon and still on v10.0.9.422. Hopefully the upgrade wont break other things like BB Maps.
    07-01-13 09:57 AM
    Mine has frozen several times when I tried entering the destination. Had to reboot to get it to work.
    07-01-13 10:04 AM
    So I turn BlackBerry maps on, put my destination and turn the screen off because I'm driving and it constantly freezes. Just the app. Sometimes, it won't freeze but at the destination, I'll click arrived or whatever it is and it won't do anything.

A maps app isn't supposed to freeze.

Anyone else experience that?

Posted via CB10
    BB maps is awful, even apple maps is better but I mainly use google maps.
    07-01-13 10:07 AM
    This is critical, imagine driving and missing an exit because it froze and you didn't know, so you go 15KM far for an important event. That is really bad!
    07-01-13 12:08 PM
    I'm not sure if you can delete and reinstall the maps app (I couldnt), but was having issues with the app and it wouldn't move beyond "Getting Route". I deleted several crap apps like LinkedIn and Facebook since I don't use them. Then I checked for software update and there was one about 2mb in size. That software update re installs those crap apps, but it also fixed BlackBerry maps. I've done it twice. I'm on Verizon Btw. Someone more tech savvy may know an easier way but it worked for me.
    07-01-13 12:32 PM
    No problems whatsoever. In fact, someone sent me an address to a party via text message. I was able to click on the address and it opened up the map, got my current location, gave me audio with turn by turn and list directions. Needless to say, I was impressed. I'm not sure how the other OS handle maps, but Blackberry Maps was flawless in its execution from start to finish.
    07-01-13 12:47 PM
    No problems whatsoever. In fact, someone sent me an address to a party via text message. I was able to click on the address and it opened up the map, got my current location, gave me audio with turn by turn and list directions. Needless to say, I was impressed. I'm not sure how the other OS handle maps, but Blackberry Maps was flawless in its execution from start to finish.
    Yeah, that works no problem, but the app freezes randomly forcing me to close the app, restart it, get the address back in and restart the navigation... all that while "driving". Not considered safe.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 01:24 PM
    [QUOTE=The Me;8742939]Yeah, that works no problem, but the app freezes randomly forcing me to close the app, restart it, get the address back in and restart the navigation... all that while "driving". Not considered safe.

What version OS are your running? I'm running 10.1 currently.
    07-01-13 02:49 PM
    What version OS are your running? I'm running 10.1 currently.
    As mentioned in my OP, 10.1.0.2342 .
    07-01-13 03:36 PM
    Trying clearing the history in maps.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:39 AM