i have a q10 and a z10. when i plug the q10 into my computer, it syncs like a charm. But when i plug the z10 nto my computer, i get a "BSOD" with "dpc_watchdog_violation". after that my computer reboots itself. i ddi some research and found out that this is an unsolved problem, but i could still sync wirelessly.
    I tried syncing wirelessy, but everytime i try dragging something into the device tab, it stucks at "preparing to sync" for a long time. Sometimes it will say connection is lost, sometimes the tabs just disappear. either way the music was not synced.

Please help

another problem that i have is that the browser of the z10 always crashes. its impossible to use youtube, and cant load most webpages. i checked my memory. atm it said i had 150mb free memory. idk if this is relevent. i also have quite alot of apps. if that is the problem
    09-10-13 10:49 PM
    is your Z10 passworded?
    09-10-13 11:04 PM
    BlackBerry Link is truly a horrible piece of software, I haven't had the problem you've described, but I've encountered it refusing to finish backing up and restore devices and it plopped a couple dozen empty folders in my libraries on two different computers. It seems like every time I plug in a BB10 device, the list of empty folders grow.

I'm used to creating and restoring full backups using nothing but the phone itself, so I view BlackBerry Link as bloatware and have uninstalled it and stopped using BB10 devices until the platform is capable of PC free backup and restore (among other reasons). Which will probably never happen.

I don't think the browser performance is related to the BlackBerry Link issue. All of my BB10 smart phones behaved that way also. The browser works great until it just stops working altogether. Leaving nothing but a white page and loading bar that doesn't move. The PlayBook's browser did the same thing and that was before BlackBerry Link even existed. Try rebooting your phone. That usually gets the browser working again until the next crash.
    09-10-13 11:06 PM
    is your Z10 passworded?
    yes, i do have a password, but before i had this password it already had this issue.

@Saiga, surprisingly it worked, at least for now. However it doesnt seem that this is going to last long.

I asked the same question on the blackberry support forums, and they sent me this link: How Can I Fix a DPC_Watchdog_Violation Error in Windows 8? - Watchdog - Tutorials
    i tried it and it didnt work. it takes longer to crash now, but i still cant connect
    Last edited by Peter An; 09-11-13 at 08:33 PM.
    09-11-13 05:11 PM
    All Blackberry software crashes my new windows 8 computer. I have had to uninstall it all. Very disappointing.
    09-14-13 05:49 PM
    Is it plugged into a USB 3.0 port perchance?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 07:29 PM
    Got the same problem before. Now it is gone. I don't know exactly what kills the crash, but I can tell you what I have done :

In BlackBerry Link setting, turn off the options: Open BlackBerry Link when you log in to your computer, open BlackBerry Link when a device is connected.

Windows update and reboot.

Open BlackBerry Link first then connect Z10 to the computer.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kevxn; 09-14-13 at 09:28 PM.
    09-14-13 08:48 PM