File Name: 111_b036_multilanguage.exe

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0E31AF7485EE07

For those still having trouble, it probably solves some problems.
    nuangel2 and npatrin like this.
    08-20-13 12:55 AM
    cool... will give it a try... but whats new in this build???
    08-20-13 01:00 AM
    cool... will give it a try... but whats new in this build???
    I do not believe in manifests.
    I try it myself and see if it suits me.
    First notice is that it seems to connect superfast.
    Of course after installations it requires a reboot, so it's too soon to tell.
    08-20-13 01:04 AM
    Ok I backed up,
    disconnected the phone,
    closed link,
    connected phone and reopened link (which apparently should have opened by itselsf and did not).

Same crap
    I get "cannot communicate with the device.."
    Closed Link/disconnected phone. Reopened and reconnected.
    I get "Not Connected to Z10"
    Cleared everything from task manager.
    Still nothing....

Restarted Computer for the second time after installation and worked again.
    Who knows?
    Hopefully the programmers in BB...
    08-20-13 01:24 AM
    Anybody noticing differences between this and the previous version?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    08-20-13 06:48 AM
    Should I uninstall previous version beforehand or will it install over top without issue?
    08-20-13 09:07 AM
    Should I uninstall previous version beforehand or will it install over top without issue?
    Usual rule of thumb for updating Windows applications is run the installer, and see if it detects the old version and is happy to upgrade or uninstall/reinstall for you. If not, or if you find the new version is unstable, then completely uninstall the old version then install the new one from scratch. HTH

Niall
    Killington likes this.
    08-20-13 09:11 AM
    FYI - This will be my route;
    1...Uninstall previous version (I will also uninstall previous settings, etc.)
    2...Restart computer
    3...Run Ccleaner, both cleaner and registry cleaner.
    4...Restart computer
    5...Install new version and redo all settings, etc.

Yes, I'm kind of anal, but my Link setup works more than 95% of the time.
    in_loco_nomen and Killington like this.
    08-20-13 09:15 AM
    No need to do it.
    It works as is.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:30 AM
    No need to do it.
    It works as is.
    You're probably right. I'm a sucker for updates. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" may be applicable here.

Edit: maybe I misunderstood. No need to do it as in just install without uninstalling previous is what you've meant, and not don't bother installing the new version.
    Last edited by Killington; 08-20-13 at 09:54 AM.
    08-20-13 09:38 AM
    You're probably right. I'm a sucker for updates. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" may be applicable here.

Edit: maybe I misunderstood. No need to do it as in just install without uninstalling previous is what you've meant, and not don't bother installing the new version.
    Yeap.
    Go for it.
    Can't be worse than before.
    And it should be supporting 10.2. in some way that we can't see I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    Killington likes this.
    08-20-13 10:03 AM
    Didn't work for me. Same connection errors.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:06 AM
    Update. Did a reboot and turned off all firewalls and was able to do a media sync and sync of contacts. Still can't back up but it's progress.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:53 AM
    Update. Did a reboot and turned off all firewalls and was able to do a media sync and sync of contacts. Still can't back up but it's progress.

Posted via CB10
    Happy to hear that.
    At least you had some progress .

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 03:41 PM
    Does anyone know of this update will allow one way syncs (ie photos from phone to computer rather than both ways)?

I simply do not need the photos on my computer from 2009 on my phone!

Posted Using CB10 - Z10 "-2" on the Vodafone UK Network
    08-20-13 04:10 PM
    Does anyone know of this update will allow one way syncs (ie photos from phone to computer rather than both ways)?
    At setup Link creates a folder within your My Pictures folder on your computer named after the device (ex: C:/pictures/Bob's z10). Unless you copy/paste pictures from other folders in the sync folder you should only see the pics from your BB in there and vice versa.

If you've changed sync folder on Link to the parent folder 'My Pictures' or to another folder containing pre-existing pictures I believe Link will sync those onto your Berry.

Windows talk here... hope that's what you're using.
    08-20-13 05:07 PM
    Nope. My Sync folder is <path>/Pictures/Z10 but it still syncs hundreds of pictures from my other pictures folders.

Posted Using CB10 - Z10 "-2" on the Vodafone UK Network
    leejayh likes this.
    08-20-13 11:41 PM
    Akavbb, it ain't BlackBerry. It's your computer. I've set up 7 computers from a Quad core HP to a cheapo netbook...all work flawlessly...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:46 PM
    Saxxman, you are doing the best thing to make sure there is no snags. I do the uninstall and CC (Crap Cleaner) thing too. When we used BDM we HAD to uninstall the older versions or it wouldn't work. I don't know about the new Link though. Still a good idea to uninstall old version. I'll check with BlackBerry to see if it's necessary with Link.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:51 PM
    Nope. My Sync folder is <path>/Pictures/Z10 but it still syncs hundreds of pictures from my other pictures folders.
    With Link open, click on your computer name button on the bottom left, then Pictures. There should be at least two folders listed. One named after your z10 device, the other "My Pictures" and perhaps a third named Public Pictures. Select the '>' arrow to bring down the sub-menu for "My Pictures". Do you see any circular sync arrows next to any other sub-folder within? If so, un-check them.
    08-21-13 04:09 PM
    Link does not show an update for me? Do we have to download this seperately to get the newest version or will it eventually notify us in the program?
    08-21-13 06:30 PM
    Link didn't show an update for me either, I just went to the official blackberry site and downloaded from there.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 06:50 PM
    Link does not show an update for me? Do we have to download this seperately to get the newest version or will it eventually notify us in the program?
    Yeap. Download from the site.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:42 AM
    is this download link working for you guys right this second? I haven't gotten anything but timeouts for the last couple of days..
    09-02-13 06:02 PM
    Those that took the upgrade can you still access files while on your cellular network? Mine has stopped working

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:44 PM
27 12