Hey Everyone,
    Just wanted to share another BlackBerry 10 experience I had. So I've been using the platform for quite some time now, Even had an Original Dev Alpha so I've been familiar with BlackBerry 10 for a REALLY long time . Anyways just wanted to share my experience with the new desktop client for BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry Link.
    BlackBerry Link is different to say the least. It has kind of the same guidelines as the BlackBerry 10 UI which looks pretty nice. It takes a little while to get used to it but once you get used to it, it seems to work fairly decently. Personally I don't use outlook syncing so I can't comment on that (The last update or two ago supposedly fixed it, whether or not that actually happened I can't say yet).
    Syncing is where it gets kind of interesting. For previous BlackBerry Java OS devices I used to just drag and drop to the media card when I connected the phone to the computer. It works, although at some point I thought to myself, well it's a good system but sometimes it can get a bit messy. So later on I started using Windows Media Player to sync content to the MicroSD card (Detected it as a type of media player) that worked great. No issues whatsoever on that front. For some reason when I tried to do the same thing with my BlackBerry Z10, Windows Media Player syncs, but not as well as it used to with BlackBerry Java OS devices. I downloaded iTunes and transferred all the media into that, set the source in BlackBerry Link to iTunes and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
    iTunes set as the source for BlackBerry Link works flawlessly as can be. I know a lot of problems happen with music syncing, tracks get out of order, album art doesn't show, etc but once you set up your media content in iTunes and use BlackBerry Link to transfer it over, the on board media player recognizes it everything, keeps everything neat and tidy and really is simple and effective.
    Long story short, in my experience so far, iTunes does a better job at syncing with BlackBerry Link than Windows Media Player, solely my opinion based on my observations though but for me this method has been working beautifully. If you're having trouble with BlackBerry Link syncing with media content with Windows Media Player or from the computers folder's, try using iTunes to set up the libraries, then use BlackBerry Link with the source set to iTunes. Should all work out nicely.

Kind of long, just like 90 percent of my posts but hope it helps.
    04-12-13 01:39 AM
    Same here... On a Windows7 Laptop with ITunes no Problems and i like that i can sync via Wlan in my home network, so i don't have to connect my Z10.. Files doc's pic's everything.
    I think a few tweaks but they are on a good Way...
    04-12-13 01:56 AM
    Same here... On a Windows7 Laptop with ITunes no Problems and i like that i can sync via Wlan in my home network, so i don't have to connect my Z10.. Files doc's pic's everything.
    I think a few tweaks but they are on a good Way...
    Yeah to be honest I was was surprised when Windows Media Player didn't sync properly, considering it worked for all non BlackBerry 10 BlackBerry smartphones

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 07:57 AM