Hi all,

I'm trying to switch all of my data from my 9780 to my Z10 but Blackberry Link doesn't see it. It recognizes my 9780 and my computer sees my micro SD card on the Z10. This is driving me insane. Any help is appreciated.
    03-26-13 05:55 PM
    I experienced the same thing, haven't solved it yet, but just turned on WiFi and let it sych that way..worked fine.
    03-26-13 06:17 PM
    Hi all,

I'm trying to switch all of my data from my 9780 to my Z10 but Blackberry Link doesn't see it. It recognizes my 9780 and my computer sees my micro SD card on the Z10. This is driving me insane. Any help is appreciated.
    Mine did the same thing and I was coming from a 9780 too. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and the device icon popped up quickly and allowed me sync and transfer.
    03-26-13 06:24 PM
    Out of all the things I tried, rebooting the phone did the trick. Now if I can only get the led working.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:38 PM
    I'm waiting foe Be Buzz to release for Z10. I love their LED program!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:28 PM
    Im still having this problem, ill have connected my z10 when it tells me to connect device and nothing shows up? i cant even click next. Why am i gettin this? I restarted phone and re installed bblink. Please help. Also am on wifi too.
    03-29-13 11:02 PM
    I had this problem as well when I first installed BB Link. Go to BlackBerry Link Not Recognizing Your Z10? Try This - N4BB and follow the steps shown. This worked for me, so it can't hurt to try.
    03-29-13 11:15 PM
    I don't know which of these worked for me, alone or in combination, but (after several reinstalls of BB Link and restarts of computer and phone -- to no avail):

On the phone, switch wi-fi off. In Settings - Storage and Access -- USB Connection : Autodetect, Access using Wi-Fi Off.

Previously, I had Access using Wi-Fi On. Changing the settings, with USB connected and BB Link running, served to disconnect / reconnect the phone, and this time Link detected it fully and correctly.
    jaffa21 and Pasarella like this.
    04-04-13 03:53 PM
    Ok, just to see if I could narrow it down (not yet) -- I toggled these Storage and Access settings back to what I had before (USB Connection Windows, Access using Wi-Fi On) and it still seems to be working. I did that while still connected to BlackBerry Link, however.
    04-04-13 04:18 PM
    wtf, I can't get this working again today, with any of my settings above. This should not be harder to use than iTunes! (When it works, it isn't.)

Edit: Toggled the USB connection method a few times, restarted the PC -- back in business, it's connected again.)
    Last edited by k8bushlover; 04-09-13 at 02:09 PM.
    04-09-13 01:54 PM
    Turn off USB Mass storage mode an replug back in then windows will install drivers and work from there. Cause windows is hijacking the connection as a external drive befor bb link can connect to the phone
    otaku2 likes this.
    04-17-13 04:27 AM
    I did everything and it doesn't recognize my phone at all.

I am on BBLink and it shows up but with an exclamation mark. I click reconnect and it loads and then it still doesn't work. I reloaded the device software three times and uninstalled/re-installed BlackBerry Link four times on my computer as well as looked through Device Manager and it still doesn't work. I have USB Mass Storage OFF, so it should directly link toward BB Link. Any help?

These are the following BlackBerry related items in Device Manager for me. I am on Windows 7.

Network Adapters:
    - BlackBerry Device
    - BlackBerry Virtual Private Network

BlackBerry:
    BlackBerry Device

Help!! I just got the phone today and I'm already frustrated with this experience!

EDIT: I do not know what I have just done but my phone is now working with BlackBerry Link....
    07-02-13 03:41 PM
    thanks k8bushlover, your instructions worked for me when i was about to freak out.
    07-10-13 07:39 PM
    glad to have helped, @jaffa21. Not sure they're instructions as much as every hack I tried!

Also found that if I have a VPN connection already running on the PC, BB Link sometimes won't recognize the device either. Hence the fix by restarting of the PC, whereas just disconnecting the VPN might have worked as well. (Yet sometimes it will connect, even with another VPN already connected.)
    07-11-13 04:09 PM
    This worked for me after having tried almost anything:
    Peer to Peer network error 0x80070035 the network path was not found

• Starting
    • from: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections select the Network adapter you have active.
    • Right Click on Properties
    • Ensure you have a Client for Microsoft Networks as one of the listed properties.
    • If not add it which you might need to disable the adapter and then re-enable it.

Eventually I can see my Q10 as a network drive.
    07-22-13 02:40 PM
    Damn, none of the instructions above worked for me. I'm still getting the Yellow Exclamation Point. I'm beyond frustrated right about now.

Edit; I updated all the driver on my p.c. And now my BlackBerry Link is working properly
    Last edited by Roweazie; 07-23-13 at 11:17 AM.
    07-22-13 04:44 PM
    Link is a POS. No longer works on my laptop, just the exclamation mark. Works fine on my desktop though. For now anyway.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-22-13 05:09 PM
    Yea it wouldn't let me transfer my data either. I ended up using my sd card to transfer all my contacts to my new device. Not a fan of link.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:18 PM
    Make sure that the device is not in mass storage mode. This would cause the computer to see the sd but not connect to the phone. Settings->storage and access ->usb mass storage

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:31 PM
    Day 1 of owning the Z10... this issue has me pondering the wisdom of my purchase. I have tried about everything I can think of and cannot get Link to talk to the phone.

14 day return policy... really wanting this to be a positive experience, but this is basic stuff. It should work.
    08-16-13 06:17 PM
    Day 1 of owning the Z10... this issue has me pondering the wisdom of my purchase. I have tried about everything I can think of and cannot get Link to talk to the phone.

14 day return policy... really wanting this to be a positive experience, but this is basic stuff. It should work.
    Dude this phone is kick ***!!...hang in there!

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-16-13 06:27 PM
    Dude this phone is kick ***!!...hang in there!

Posted via CB10
    I think you are right!!!

I ended up calling BB support after a few frustrating hours of trying all the stuff I could find online. The easy stuff didn't work for them either, so the ticket was elevated to a "tier 2" tech. It took us a while to figure out the issue as I had 2 firewalls that were set 'disabled', but for some reason still interfered with the USB ports ability to communicate with the Z10. I also unplugged all other devices on USB (Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard.)

We basically disabled all non-essential programs on boot and rebooted both the PC and the phone to get it working. We then reenabled them and rebooted and it all works now, even with other USB accessories plugged in. I was able to get DDPB working and easily loaded those 'must have' apps!!!

I cannot say enough good things about Blackberry Support. Both techs were professional, friendly, well trained and eager to help me resolve this issue. They were easy to understand and patient. We bought this Z10 for my wife, but after such a great support experience we may soon be getting another!

Apologies for the grumpiness in the earlier post! I really, really, REALLY hate calling tech support because it is usually a painful experience; so glad that BB proved that is not always the case.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-17-13 10:37 AM
    My problem is with the Q10, but it is the samse issue as this forum and I can't find a similar forum under the Q10. I am now beyond frustrated. I love this phone but my laptop does not pick up the phone. It gives me a red exclamation mark. I have loaded and downloaded BB link many times but nothing changes. I have also rebooted and reloaded the phone and no change. I have taken my phone and laptop into the service provider and it still does not work there, but my phone connects on other laptops. We tried five different laptops and they all worked except mine. They said there is a problem with my laptop as something is blocking the laptop from reading the phone. It does not even charge the phone just shows the red exclamation mark. Three different people tried sorting out the problem but nothing. They say there is a programme or something called "other devices" and this is what is blocking the phone. We tried disabling and uninstalling this it but no avail. I don't know what to do anymore as this is spoiling my total enjoyment of a phone that I actually love. I can't transfer anything to my phone from my previous BB, no music, photos, nothing. I can't even do any backups. I eventually had to ask my service provider to transfer some music for me. I have a Dell Latitutude E5410. Please help. PS, they tried to also connect an LG and Nokia and we had the same problem. The Samsung showed up and we could transfer music.
    09-23-13 09:41 AM
    Was my post sent?
    09-23-13 09:45 AM
    It may have to do with anti virus on your p.c. Try this steps, on your PC select Run then type "msconfig" and a System Configuration Utility window should pop up. From that window select Services, then select "Hide All Microsoft Services" from the bottom. Unchecked anything that has to do with anti virus/firewall and make sure anything with BlackBerry has check marked. After you unchecked/checked boxes, select apply, restart your PC and try connecting your BlackBerry again. Hopefully this will work, Good Luck!
    09-23-13 10:20 AM
30 12