Besides backups, BlackBerry link won't see microsd card, won't see music won't see pics, tried re-installing with no luck. Os7 rocked..why does BlackBerry 10 link suck so bad?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:03 PM
    Besides backups, BlackBerry link won't see microsd card, won't see music won't see pics, tried re-installing with no luck. Os7 rocked..why does BlackBerry 10 link suck so bad?

Posted via CB10
    First, let's get things into perspective.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SOFTWARE!

So, it must be something you are doing wrong.
    There are countless threads that will help you with this issue. You've just gotta search a bit!
    My point here is simply to say..

Let's not confuse the already confused any more than they're confused already!
    der_mit likes this.
    02-15-14 03:15 PM
    Well, it doesn't suck for me,
    It sees all my files and music and videos on both the sd card and phone memory. Only issue for me is that it's a bit slow, other than that is ok.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:20 PM
    I don't have those issues, but yeah, the software does suck ***.

I have seen much worse issues, I know people who can't install it, no apparent reason why. And other people install it, and it crashes their computer.

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-14 03:22 PM
    I dont have the issues you describe either, but do agree the S/W sucks.
    02-15-14 03:23 PM
    So...maybe if I totally format my SD card, than try loading system it should work. couldn't see it with an empty SD card before. Tried patience..5 hours later...does windows 8 have anything to do with it?

Posted via CB10
    bob03sue likes this.
    02-15-14 03:29 PM
    I don't have those issues, but yeah, the software does suck ***.

I have seen much worse issues, I know people who can't install it, no apparent reason why. And other people install it, and it crashes their computer.

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    It's a driver problem.
    Some versions of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 won't allow software with unsigned drivers to install correctly or at all.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-8-1-a-891948/

Consider that a large number of people don't have an issue with BB Link.
    Then, consider that some people DO have an issue with it.
    That would make me question what "I'm" doing wrong!

The software isn't slow.
    Those are computer related issues.
    What's your CPU speed? How much memory(RAM)
    Some Virus programs don't play nice. disable virus when using BB Link.
    When's the last time you did a full scan?
    What's your Bandwidth speed.

These are all factors. The software isn't the problem

Why is it always the "software" that sucks for those that haven't done the research to find out why it works fine for most everyone else?

I feel your frustration! But, saying it sucks isn't going to fix your problem.
    I had problems with the initial install but searched for what mistakes "I" was making.
    I'm running BB Link on 4 computers with Windows 8.1 and the software works great, now that I did the research and learned how to use it.
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 02-15-14 at 03:52 PM.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-15-14 03:30 PM
    I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the input...windows does seem to make everything tougher nowadays..or at least not as plug 'n'play as it used to be.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-15-14 03:38 PM
    If the software does not suck, it comes pretty close!

It should be an embarrassment to BB, frankly. But some folks don't really have issues with it while many seem to. But the software itself is kind of lame and does not provide enough options to backup and restore (if it backs up at all).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-14 04:30 PM
    Easy tiger, I will take all into consideration, however this is a plug and play world. I know for those side loading stuff.., running some recent Linux version they tweaked it may not be a big deal. But when you just found this forum and you've tried a lot else...??? thanks anyway and will accept all advice.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:35 PM
    If the software does not suck, it comes pretty close!

It should be an embarrassment to BB, frankly. But some folks don't really have issues with it while many seem to. But the software itself is kind of lame and does not provide enough options to backup and restore (if it backs up at all).
    I've got this really crazy idea for all those who are so unhappy with BB Link.
    Get together and take all that wasted negative energy and offer some positive solutions instead!

I Know! I said it was a crazy idea! (I mean, positive solutions?)
    I must be Quackin' up!
    02-15-14 04:39 PM
    it works fine for me sees all my music all my pics and my sd card
    02-15-14 04:59 PM
    I tested the backup and it definitely does that well. Does not take long either. I will still try to reinstall for the SD card issue....and go over windows driver issues I think. For anyone else with the same issue though my temporary fix is to take out the SD card and use the card reader directly with the pc.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 05:14 PM
    iTunes sucks even more.. But to each his own. Link isn't that bad
    pvphooman and andorejunior like this.
    02-15-14 06:15 PM
    I run BlackBerry Link on Windows 7 Home in VirtualBox on GNU/Linux distro openSUSE 12.3 running on an Acer 1410 /netbook/.

Backups work fine, though I've yet to do a Full Backup as I probably didn't allocate enough storage for the Windows 7 side. (I get a "not enough space" to back up about 4.5 GB.) I've done the Custom Backup of contacts and media.

It sees both the internal memory and microSD card in the Z10. Windows 7 mounts both storage locations as well.

While BlackBerry Link is running, I can access all the files in Windows 7 via the File Browser on the Z10. There's another thread about how useful this is.
    02-15-14 06:27 PM
    Works great for me. Running on Win 8.1 Professional 64bit with Office 2013 and it goes thru everything with out issues what so ever.
    02-15-14 06:28 PM
    Was it pretty well plug and play for you or did you have to tweak things a bit?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 06:44 PM
    Was it pretty well plug and play for you or did you have to tweak things a bit?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much plug and play. Didn't have to tweak anything.
    Paul Miller2 likes this.
    02-15-14 06:54 PM
    I honestly dont believe link is good for anything really. The amount of time and system resources this POS software uses is ridiculous. Its slow and buggy.
    02-15-14 08:00 PM
    iTunes sucks even more.. But to each his own. Link isn't that bad
    Thats like saying...

"A kick in the balls suck's even more.. But to each his own. A punch in the face isnt that bad."
    02-15-14 08:01 PM