Just picked up my Z10 yesterday, loving the phone so far but I can't seem to backup the Z10 with Blackberry Link. I was able to switch over all my contacts, notes, text messages, media from my 9800 to Z10 thru Link without a problem, however when I try to backup the Z10, it keeps giving me an error message unable/failed to backup. I've tried different cables, different computers, restarting both the phone and computer and Link, still can't do a backup. I've gone into device manager and it shows the driver is the most updated/current one too.

Anyone having this issue or know of a fix? Is this a flaw in Blackberry Link software or am I missing something
    02-08-13 10:07 AM
    look at the other two threads for fix
    02-08-13 10:09 AM
    Yea I had a look at the other threads, removed DTM, tried airplane mode and reinstalled Link. Still can't backup, just giving me the Backup did not complete error message. This is getting frustrating
    02-08-13 11:17 AM
    I cannot seem to backup the Z10 either.
    02-26-13 07:32 AM
    I can't either. I also can't buy, update, or download anything from BlackBerry World. I actually have a case opened with BlackBerry about it.
    02-26-13 08:23 AM
    I can't either.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:42 AM
    I can't even update link every time I try shows error and try again. + now link shuts down unexpectedly every time I connect my phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:54 AM
    Wasn?t able to backup mine either, even after a security wipe.
    So I got a new one. This one was fine? until I installed some app. it was still able to backup after I setup my Facebook and an email account. But soon as I reorganize the icons in folder on my screen then installed some apps, it?s stopped working again. Don`t know which step case it to stop being fine, so if a new owner is willing to try it one step at a time and tell us when it stop, this would be helpful I think.

One thing for sure, the device is fine, it?s the Blackberry Link that seems to have a bug in it.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:56 AM
    When talking to BlackBerry tech support, they got me to try backing up each section separately instead of all at once. I was able to backup settings but not application data, (didn't try to backup Media as I had already had it transferred to my PC). So,the issue seems to be with backing up Application Data...at least with mine.
    02-26-13 12:07 PM
    Yeah my Z10 works perfectly link on the other hand.........sucks big time! BlackBerry should have instead released a patch to older software so at least my contacts and calendar appointments could have been transferred over properly.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 12:11 PM
    Ok, guys i've been at this for a week none stop.

I got it to work - but I used my Mac to do so.

Here's what you do:

1) plug your phone into your mac with all networks on... Start BB Link.

2) Go to settings and in storage toggle the USB Mass Drive option to 'on'.

3) Go to Settings and Blackberry Protect and turn that off.

4) Now turn off all of your networks. Cell, wireless and bluetooth

5) Turn off the internet to your computer. Yup, this is the problem... your computer is patching into your BB ID but your phone is not so they're not communicating - once both are 'mute' they communicate just fine to get a backup!

6) Turn your phone off. NOT restart - OFF. Wait 3 minutes.

7) Turn phone back on.

8) BB Link will connect to phone. Try to backup. It may fail once or twice - but by the third time it should work!

9) Once you get the backup done - security wipe and start over!

10) Restore from backup on your Mac!
    03-02-13 10:05 PM
    Hi digimate
    I tried your process but with both computer and BBz10 off line, BB Link would only recognize it as being disconnected. Once both were reconnected to the Internet, BB Link would recognize the device.
    I uninstalled BB Link, as I couldn't get either Restore (which is what I want to do) nor Backup to show as anything except as grayed out. The .bbb file is where it should be and before uninstalling/re-installing BB link did recognize the latest backup. Since reinstalling, it says that the device has never been backed up, yet the .bbb file exists.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    When I updated to OS 10.1 all the data and settings disappeared and I have been trying for 2 days to get the backup to restore.
    06-04-13 05:09 AM
    I still can't backup my Z10 on BlackBerry Link... HELP!!!
    03-18-14 08:58 AM
    I still can't backup my Z10 on BlackBerry Link... HELP!!!
    Some suggest turning off wifi and trying again. You might also try using Sachesi (OS Leak subforum) which can backup and restore as well as downloading OS versions.
    03-18-14 10:39 AM
    Same problem here with my Classic. Connect phone to PC, open Link, phone is detected with no problem, but when I click Backup & Restore, the connection is lost and I get an error message that I need to connect the phone to my computer. Tried several times. Worked 100% fine with my Passport. Am trying this using both WiFi and USB and neither of them has worked. Running 10.3.2.2474 on the Classic. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    03-12-16 10:58 AM
    Backing up doesn't work if your phone is encrypted.

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    03-14-16 09:31 AM
    Yesterday I couldn't back up my Z10, but I restarted it a couple times, and restarted BlackBerry Link a couple times and it ended up working.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 09:40 AM