So BB Link keeps giving me this message every time i hook it up to my laptop via usb. The device doesn't get mapped either, so i cant use windows explorer to transfer files.

It detects my playbook just fine, and my 9900 works too. Its just the z10 giving issues. Blackberry Device Manager shows it as being connected too, but it just doesn't get mapped for some reason and wont show up in BB Link.

When i plug it in, i get a pop up in the corner saying "device detected, initializing access" but after that nothing happens.
    Does anyone have a solution?

Blackberry Link "Cannot Communicate with Device"-bb-device-manager.jpg

Blackberry Link "Cannot Communicate with Device"-bb-link.jpg

Edit------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edit

Ok, so i screwed around with device manager and i've managed to fix the problem. For anyone else having a similar issue, go into device manager > network adapters > blackberry and roll back the drivers. It seems the latest drivers dont play well with windows 8.

I was able to connect when i first bought the z10, but then i restarted my PC and it installed some windows updates which evidently screwed up this functionality.

I wish i could send this info to BB so they could resolve the issue whether its on their side or a problem with windows.
    Last edited by Knightcrawler; 02-08-13 at 03:21 PM.
    02-08-13 03:04 PM
    My BB Link won't even let me sign into my BB ID, i click the sign in button and nothing happens
    02-08-13 03:12 PM
    try reinstalling link and restarting your pc
    02-08-13 04:09 PM
    uninstall anything to do with the old desktop manager and link, then reinstall link from the website before plugging in the z10
    02-08-13 04:15 PM
    Thanks! the roll back driver tip worked!
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-09-13 08:31 PM
    How do I "roll back" a driver?
    02-10-13 02:31 AM
    Wow this worked perfectly. Thanks OP!
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-13-13 09:11 PM
    How do I "roll back" a driver?
    Right click on "My Computer" and go to properties. Go into "Device Manager" and find "Blackberry" under the "Network" tab in the list it that's there. Right click and go into the properties once again, and there should be a "Drivers" tab.
    yohanes joko likes this.
    02-16-13 03:15 PM
    What happens if the Roll Back Driver button is grayed out?
    I'm going insane here!!

KS
    02-20-13 12:22 PM
    I had this same problem on WIN 7 Ultimate even after the update. I ended up fixing the issue by allowing all the BB Link EXEs access in BitDefender's firewall.
    02-20-13 05:57 PM
    Tech support told me to enable airplane mode. Worked for me. Firewalls deny communication apparently

Posted via CB10
    SpectreShepherd likes this.
    02-20-13 08:10 PM
    Make sure the Rim Handheld Communicator and any other Blackberry Link programs are not blocked by your firewall. Mine were and as soon as I Allowed them, it worked fine!
    02-21-13 09:39 AM
    Hi

where is Rim Handheld Communicator program? i looking for and i didnt find please help us
    03-12-13 12:59 AM
    Changing the firewall to allow all BB apps to communicate with internet works and now I can sync and add/delete files as was promised by Link and BB 10. Try this before uninstalling, etc.
    03-12-13 11:44 AM
    I had this issue as well with Windows 8, I upgraded to windows 8 from Windows 7, had to roll back and instantly fixed my issue

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 11:59 AM
    I had this same problem on WIN 7 Ultimate even after the update. I ended up fixing the issue by allowing all the BB Link EXEs access in BitDefender's firewall.
    mister.x#CB, your suggestion is the only one I have not tried out yet. My PC runs Windows 7 Pro and has Bitdefender: how do I allow BB Link access in Bidefender's firewall?
    03-13-13 05:08 AM
    Depends on which version you have, mine is 2012. Here's how to go about allowing access (assuming its 2012):

1. Open BitDefender.
    2. Click the Firewall icon.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Click Application rules.
    5. Click Add Rule
    6. Browse to "c:\program files\research in motion\blackberry link\blackberrylink.exe" or the directory where BB Link is installed to.
    7. For network type, check all the boxes.
    8. For permission, select Allow.

- Repeat 4 - 8 for these three EXEs:
    c:\program files\common files\research in motion\rimdevicemanager\rimdevicemanager.exe
    c:\program files\research in motion\blackberry link\blackberrylink.autoupdate.exe
    c:\program files\research in motion\blackberry link\blackberrylink.helper.exe
    03-14-13 07:30 PM
    So BB Link keeps giving me this message every time i hook it up to my laptop via usb. The device doesn't get mapped either, so i cant use windows explorer to transfer files.

It detects my playbook just fine, and my 9900 works too. Its just the z10 giving issues. Blackberry Device Manager shows it as being connected too, but it just doesn't get mapped for some reason and wont show up in BB Link.

When i plug it in, i get a pop up in the corner saying "device detected, initializing access" but after that nothing happens.
    Does anyone have a solution?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Device manager.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	134822

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Link.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	134823

Edit------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edit

Ok, so i screwed around with device manager and i've managed to fix the problem. For anyone else having a similar issue, go into device manager > network adapters > blackberry and roll back the drivers. It seems the latest drivers dont play well with windows 8.

I was able to connect when i first bought the z10, but then i restarted my PC and it installed some windows updates which evidently screwed up this functionality.

I wish i could send this info to BB so they could resolve the issue whether its on their side or a problem with windows.
    You can submit this information to BlackBerry via several channels but the most direct is to contact BlackBerry via Twitter. I think Mike Clewely is the appropriate point of contact.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-14-13 08:09 PM
    Neither solution worked for me until I removed BB Link and Kaspersky Internet Security and restarted my PC and reinstall BB Link without Kaspersky first. I can then connect my Z10 to PC. Then I installed Kaspersky and still can connect Z10 without any problem.
    03-16-13 11:41 AM
    Thanks very much, worked for me with the same problem.
    04-01-13 10:05 AM
    please i have read almost 30 different treads on this issue of "can't communicate with device" but can any tell me how to fix for macbook pro. I am no stranger to gadgets but this is really doing my head in, i cannot update my music playlist
    04-03-13 05:33 PM
    How does this work on a macbook?
    04-03-13 05:35 PM
    How does this work on a macbook?
    Hi ak1504- did you manage to get it to work on your macbook pro? I'm having the same issue and this is driving me nuts!
    05-01-13 06:51 AM
    I've been having the same problem and might have found a temp. fix I just wanted to share for Mac (10.8). I noticed my iPad would not charge on my computer whenever the BBZ10 was connected and upon unplugging it (the cord for it as well) I was able to sync my Z10 through BlackBerry Link again. Haven't had a problem again so far but try to make sure the Z10 is the only powered device connected (disconnect external HD, other devices, etc.) and try again. Hope that helped and please reply to confirm whether it works or not.
    05-30-13 08:07 PM
    I had the issue on a PC. I tried lots of solutions. Eventually after messing around with it I decided to delete blackberry link, and reinstall it. reboot your phone, or even do a battery pull, and start the fresh version of link. It should have gone back to default for you. Does this help?

Posted via SEGA master system
    05-30-13 08:10 PM
39 12