Whenever I open link, I envision a team of guys walking down the hall to Thorsten's office happy as pigs in sh*t with their new Z10 and one guy stopping mid step and saying "wait, who's got the disk with desktop manager on it" and them all stopping and staring blankly at each other, then tearing back to their desk and writing something as fast as they can with one guy on the computer and the other two over his shoulder just saying "hurry, just do something that says the phone is connected to the pc, we gotta get this done!"

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-13 07:30 PM
    Lmao envisioning that made me LOL

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:05 PM
    I don't find it that bad.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:28 PM
    Not bad at all. I use it for music, and backup/restores.

It's certainly not a perfect piece of software, but it has worked fine for what I need.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:39 PM
    Although I disagree about BlackBerry Link, I'm MORE upset about the choice of words in the title.

'a BLACK page in history' - why the f*** is there still a need to use the word 'black' as something negative! This is 2013, not 1950, and yet this still happens, I see enough of this in newspapers, books, school texts, even the dictionaries. I'd rather not see this in a thread on CB.

I'd like to assume this was not intentional to offend, I'm bringing this up to make you aware that it does, and hopefully mindful in the future. You can easily make a statement about the software being junk in your opinion with the need to reference any colour/shade. No apology needed nor expected as I assume the offense I've taken was not intended at all.

Cool.

Posted via CB10
    Why did you take it so personally?
    Black is black. It is associated with bad things and deaths as well.
    When we mourn we wear black clothing. Does that offend you as well?
    I call that overreaction.

To get back to the topic, BlackBerry Link sucks.

They need to fix it. 2way sync is a must for many users and the performance issues have to be addressed.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:30 AM
    When did they take away BlackBerry Protect?
    They nerfed it.
    BlackBerry Protect used to be great with backup and recovery, now you can't do that

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:52 AM
    Although I disagree about BlackBerry Link, I'm MORE upset about the choice of words in the title.

'a BLACK page in history' - why the f*** is there still a need to use the word 'black' as something negative! This is 2013, not 1950, and yet this still happens, I see enough of this in newspapers, books, school texts, even the dictionaries. I'd rather not see this in a thread on CB.

I'd like to assume this was not intentional to offend, I'm bringing this up to make you aware that it does, and hopefully mindful in the future. You can easily make a statement about the software being junk in your opinion with the need to reference any colour/shade. No apology needed nor expected as I assume the offense I've taken was not intended at all.

Cool.

Posted via CB10
    Kind of interesting that more people are offended by your post than the use of the word black, yes? Prejudice is a nasty thing, and sadly it takes many forms. The assumption that the use of the word black in a negative context is racist is prejudice as well.
    niss63 and Pegon_Fighter like this.
    05-11-13 05:19 AM
    I have lots of love for BlackBerry but Link makes me question that love.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:32 AM
    And I though Blackberry desktop software was bad, this really bites the biscuit at been totally f**king shocking.

Puts me in the mood to wall test my computer...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:45 AM
    I would, but my pc won't map the z10 as a network drive over wifi (PB works fine, and I was troubleshooting this for ages before giving up). I do mostly use the network drives that are auto mapped over USB though (or sometimes wifi if the Link gods are benevolent) . And Link has backup capabilities (at least in theory, not everyone can get it to work)

Posted via CB10
    Try turning off usbb mass storage on your phone under storage and access
    I've heard that will block you from accessing your phone through the network drive

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:50 AM
    Try turning off usbb mass storage on your phone under storage and access
    I've heard that will block you from accessing your phone through the network drive

Posted via CB10
    Oh I have tried that, thanks. With Link, I can get a mapped network drive over USB, and sometimes over wifi, but I can't map a network drive over wifi with just the IP and windows explorer (without using Link). I've tried playing with settings in firewall, network, router, and device, no dice. Oh well. If link becomes reliable later on, then it won't matter.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:43 AM
    Figured it was worth a shot. Some people forget the point of a support forum is to help people out. Sorry I couldn't help. I'll look into it more

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    05-11-13 08:26 AM
    I can't find any place better to post this, but I found a fix for a problem I had with link. Two updates to link ago, I had no problem backing up and restoring my Z10. After the update in late April, link and my Z10 would hang on restore at 9% at the settings restore. Weeks of attempts and always stuck at 9% settings. I could restore everything from backups made prior to the late April update. Today I tried a different approach. Did my backup, loaded up the leaked OS, and then cut settings out of the restore process. I restored media and applications data only. Then, I side loaded all my. Bar files. After those loaded I went back to link and restore settings only. Worked perfectly and all my sideloaded stuff had settings restored as well. Hope this info helps somebody.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:30 PM
    Whenever I open link, I envision a team of guys walking down the hall to Thorsten's office happy as pigs in sh*t with their new Z10 and one guy stopping mid step and saying "wait, who's got the disk with desktop manager on it" and them all stopping and staring blankly at each other, then tearing back to their desk and writing something as fast as they can with one guy on the computer and the other two over his shoulder just saying "hurry, just do something that says the phone is connected to the pc, we gotta get this done!"

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    LOLed at this, so true!

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    05-11-13 12:42 PM
    Why they didn't just update the current Desktop Software to support the new BB10 devices, we shall never know...

Posted via CB10
    This x1000

I'm no software engineer in the slightest, but how hard could it possibly have been to make two different devices work with the same software? With the updates it was receiving, BB Desktop was just starting to get some real functionality,,,
    05-11-13 08:13 PM
    The biggest gripe I have with it, in addition to everything already stated, is that insists on performing a 1 way transfer to my Z10 and puking the entire contents of my Outlook DB to my phone if I even think of connecting it.

After 3 secure wipes of my phone and a session of 3 days spent deleting multiple entries, manually, I have deleted Link from my work and home computers and sworn never to go near it again.
    05-11-13 09:07 PM
    This x1000

I'm no software engineer in the slightest, but how hard could it possibly have been to make two different devices work with the same software? With the updates it was receiving, BB Desktop was just starting to get some real functionality,,,
    Normally I would say it is too much effort.
    But they managed to do it for the PlayBook...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:28 PM
    I had to install a leaked OS to get Link working... That's just wrong LOL
    poiznberry likes this.
    05-11-13 09:37 PM
    Link is the devil's spawn and should be burnt in a fire. I restored from a back up, and it completely screwed up my Z10. I was getting texts from people with the completely wrong contact details showing. It proved very embarrassing, and caused me to mothball my device. I can't trust it.
    05-11-13 09:47 PM
    ^That's one of the reasons why I haven't tried any of the OS leaks: I just don't trust Link enough to properly back up and restore my data. Sucks.
    05-11-13 10:12 PM
    I had to install a leaked OS to get Link working... That's just wrong LOL
    Now my Win7 doesnt recognize it as a Storage device, it just nothing plugged to my computer.

At this point, I seriously think that RIM is self boycotting.
    I've got the higher expectations with this new OS, but seems RIM forget about from where we "the customers" had come.
    Ok, its a new OS we must learn, adapt, blah blah blah... but at this price? No sir. We cant even have a PROPER tool to move on!
    Buggy software packed inside the phone, outside the phone, misleading information...

So much chaos for an just launched product, imho. I can face some minor bugs here and there, but how to support this kinda "unfinished" product just right.out.of.the.box?

I like my Z10 (also the bunch of accesories I've puerchased aftermarket for it) but this situation is driving me nuts.
    06-29-13 07:06 PM
71 123