After seeing the thread for Z10 bugs I would like to vent about BB Link

1) way way too slow. Why does any application require as much as 2 MINUTES to initialize at runtime? Just not acceptable. And its not just on one computer. I have link installed on three computers and its slow as molasses on all of them. And they are not slow machines by any measure.

2) 9 out of 10 times it simply refuses to find/recognize my Z10, whether I start BB Link with the device connected or connect it after Link is running, makes no difference.

3) i have had a notification in BB Link of an upgrade for it, but I am not able to download or install the upgrade on any of my machines. Trying to do so just reports an error, try again later. Very helpful.

4) more often than not i have to use Task Manager to end the program as it will not quit otherwise. Just this morning I noticed that it was using over 350 MB of RAM according to Task Manager before i killed it. 350 MB of RAM? What is it possibly doing with that much memory (other than dragging my machine to a crawl)???

given this is the only way to back up your device, you simply have GOT TO DO BETTER than this BlackBerry. i have not been able to backup my device for over a week now simply because all three of the computers i have link installed on won't work. They refuse to see or recognize my Z10 when its connected.

i thought the former desktop software for OS7 was slow, but this Link crapola has proven to me how lovely it really was.

Me thinks you should be spending more time on the basic functionality BlackBerry (USB detection for example, reducing startup time etc) rather than trying to create some sort of unique (confusing?) UI for the program.

does anyone else experience these problems??
    04-17-13 08:47 AM
    I've only one big prob with it. It simply doesn't works. BBlink doesn't recognizes my Z10 if I use the cable and even if I use wireless connection. I wanna syncro it with my notebook but it seems impossible
    04-17-13 08:58 AM
    I have issues 2 and 4 as well.

I usually have to toggle the mass storage options on my device to get blackberry link to recognize it. Then force quit to close it when I'm done.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:02 AM
    1) BlackBerry Link initializes instantaneously on my machine, oddly enough, iTunes on the same machine takes 10 seconds to initialize. (both are installed on a stateless drive)

2) Never had an issue with BlackBerry Link not recognizing the phone. If the machine recognizes the phone, the BlackBerry Link will recognize it too.

3) Only had one upgrade notice and it went through easily.

4) I get it using 150 megs of memory here, even so, I do agree 150 is still a bit high comparing to other applications. I have 8 gigs or ram, so I usually don't think about memory unless I'm using light room or playing games.

With BlackBerry Link, it's like any other application, it's so hard to troubleshoot because everyone has different machines.

So far, it's doing better then I thought it would for a first implementation. I remember the first release of iTunes on windows *shudder*

My machine is an I7, 8gigs ram, stateless drives, Windows 7 64bit.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:17 AM
    i have the same issues. i was, with patients able to back up on the weekend, but right now i can't even get it to make a simple change from itunes to windows media player. when i click the box, nothing happens........so far.....
    04-22-13 11:55 AM
    No problems here
    Win7 64Bit
    8GB ram
    I7
    Delete link and older DM software download link from blackberry.com reboot install again
    Allways use the Orig. USB cable.
    What version of link do you use?
    04-22-13 12:05 PM
    Btw: did you grab the installation file from BlackBerry.com or did it install from the phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:08 PM
    I am not having any issues but for those that have the issues, let's see if anything here helps you out!
    I am also presuming that you are signing into BlackBerry Link and waiting for process to finish and clicking finish after it does.
    I also presume you have the latest version of Link, see this for more info on that. Mac and PC provided on that link.
    For those with the device not being detected, see this. You may wish to file a report if none listed resolves your issue.

For those with a slow response time, do know Mac is slow and PC much faster. You may want to look though some threads here on Cb and see the responses.
    Also, if you have a tremendous amount of data it will take a while. Memory card size can also effect this.
    And finally, see this for system requirements.
    Hope it helps!
    04-22-13 12:22 PM
    Using the latest version of blackberry link on 11-19-2013, downloaded from blackberry.com, on a 32-bit windows xp machine, I find that the installation process gets past "copying files" with the progress bar about 75%, but then hangs with no disk activity for a long time. I wind up cancelling the installation, which of course causes the blackberry link files to be deleted from the program files area. Anybody know if there are known resource dependencies or conflicts for which I could check? The pc is up to date with windows update.

Thanks for any insights.-TMC
    11-19-13 09:22 AM