So i was working today and a customer came in wearing a bell canada ID tag. i quickly asked him if he heard anything about the new blackberry devices. He surprisingly responded by saying just last week RIM came in to do a presentation on the new OS and they even showed us the hardware!! (at this point im freakinn jumping for joy) and he told me about peek, flow, balance and all the stuff i've already seen. but what got my attention was when i asked about the hardware. so we've all seen the leaked images of the qwerty design phone right with the straight keyboard? well he told me the n series will incorporate the 9900 keyboard as it is one of the bestttt keyboards i ever used. He also said how he saw gabs in between each line of buttons, im not sure what he meant by that. then i showed him the picture of the L series and he said its the same one he saw. He said it had the playbook finish if anyone was wondering what the material felt like. He was really impressed with what he saw. everything else he told me i already knew. i guess rim is keeping allot of its secrets for its debut in january. He told me he has used allot of smart phones in the past and he will definitely be getting the new blackberry 10 when it comes out.

BlackBerry.By.Choice!
    11-22-12 11:28 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is going to put the smart back in smartphones!
    11-23-12 12:00 AM
    Thanks for sharing all of this. Interesting about the keyboard. I know a lot of people are upset about not seeing any leaked images of N series, but somethin ' s gotta be a surprise, right? Do you wanna see your X-mas present before you open it?
    I'm hoping Bell has it first as I am with them. Doesn't matter though - I'm getting it first day, no matter what !
    11-23-12 12:38 AM
    i'll keep my eyes and ears open if i get any more info on the hardware part. He even told me he has a playbook and even thought everyone cries about the lack of apps, thats one solid tablet. I'll commit to free marketing for RIM once BB10 hits carrier stores!! Im so freakin excited for RIM in 2013!!

BlackBerry.By.Choice!!
    11-23-12 01:26 AM
    By gaps he probably meant the frets between each row same as we see on most bold keyboards and don't get on curve keyboards.

As far as it being the 9900 keyboard, it could still be called that even if it was straight, just by using the same style of keys, the frets between rows and the slight edges or certain sides of the keys, so people should not read too much into this post as meaning they have not abandoned the curve on the keyboard.
    11-23-12 05:31 AM
    By gaps he probably meant the frets between each row same as we see on most bold keyboards and don't get on curve keyboards.

As far as it being the 9900 keyboard, it could still be called that even if it was straight, just by using the same style of keys, the frets between rows and the slight edges or certain sides of the keys, so people should not read too much into this post as meaning they have not abandoned the curve on the keyboard.
    sorry i haven't payed to much attention into the architecture of the phone.. i was just trying to clear up some doubts people had. alot of fuzz went around, if the keyboard would be straight or curved? the employee told me it would be curved. anyways i just wanted to help thats all..

BlackBerry.By.Choice!
    11-23-12 06:24 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is going to put the smart back in smartphones!
    If anyone knows, Kevin does!
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    11-23-12 07:43 AM
    i listened the last engadget podcast and toward the end they spoke about bb10 and one of the host said she met thor and she got to play with final hardware. she said she couldn't say much but we should tune in on January 30, its gonna be something to watch .......and she hates blackberry.....im so excited

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-23-12 08:14 AM
    i listened the last engadget podcast and toward the end they spoke about bb10 and one of the host said she met thor and she got to play with final hardware. she said she couldn't say much but we should tune in on January 30, its gonna be something to watch .......and she hates blackberry.....im so excited

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Sweeeet!!! Haters will hate...and then Love lol.
    11-24-12 04:53 PM
    i cant wait yep blackberry all the way nuthing can bring down the blackberry
    11-24-12 10:10 PM
    Well, final hardware is one thing, but I think the strength's going to be the software.
    11-25-12 12:01 AM
    I too hope Bell will have it first in Canada but if RIM was just demonstrating it to Bell recently couldnt that mean that they havent even started testing for it yet?
    12-01-12 07:53 AM
    How about starting off not in left field ? Like, for example, defining L and N
    series? Doc Neutron
    12-01-12 09:20 AM
    L = all touch

N = physical keyboard
    12-01-12 09:30 AM
    I too hope Bell will have it first in Canada but if RIM was just demonstrating it to Bell recently couldnt that mean that they havent even started testing for it yet?
    Not at all. Testing is done by the engineers. You can be sure that high level execs have already seen the device. So it's probably the mid level teams or customer facing teams.
    12-01-12 09:39 AM
    Good to hear that RIM has succeeded in beginning to curb back enthusiasts and confidence of the consumers and retailers.
    12-02-12 06:13 AM
    Keep up the news and tell your friends to buy . I'm switching to T-Mobile for Blackberry 10.
    12-02-12 09:54 AM
    I can confirm that bell employee's had a presentation on the 21st of november as my friend works for bell and told me about it. She had a bunch of blackberries for years then switched over to an iphone 4S. After seeing the N series phone she told me she cant wait to get it and switch over to Blackberry once again
    12-02-12 02:25 PM
    I can confirm that bell employee's had a presentation on the 21st of november as my friend works for bell and told me about it. She had a bunch of blackberries for years then switched over to an iphone 4S. After seeing the N series phone she told me she cant wait to get it and switch over to Blackberry once again
    This is awesome news! This is what we need to hear. Like it or not, a good product is a good product. I am sure BB10 will certainly speak for itself. I too know a lot of people who already informed me they will be switching. Many of them even said, they are just plain old tired of their devices and the O/S and want something new, something that will get the job done and be a pleasure to use. Many of these people at one time swore off RIM and said they would NEVER go back to BB or anything Rim has/had to offer, and they are coming around. A good thing is a good thing. We have all witnessed so far, and loved. Finally, they too are beginning to see something that most of us believed would happen one day.
    Frank2029 likes this.
    12-02-12 03:16 PM
    Good to hear that RIM has succeeded in beginning to curb back enthusiasts and confidence of the consumers and retailers.
    it is good, yet I'm annoyed with the "Kevin" level of blind faith turned into devotion. I'd like to think/believe BlackBerry Owners/Users are of intelligent mix of people that use their devices for what they can do above all other platforms. That their faithfulness to remain with this manufacturer and current or new platform is beyond cultism and using good judgement & thought in their comments about the new platform.

Right now with the OP ... this "bell employee" is just that ... someone whom supposedly had access to internal carrier testing. I know for a fact that ALL providers in Canada and just about all major ones in USA have such test devices going through a list of gamut tests. Since this employee told him nothing new of what he already knows ... I have no idea WHY he'd be jumping for joy?! Nothing new was dispelled (and for the employee this was a smart thing to do as that job would be on the line), nothing shown, and just fan-based conversation; nothing any BB User showing a friend what is to come on this site or the web. So why the jumping for joy?

I'd be asking questions that AFFECT real world use of such a device from ALL fans/users when it comes to market:
    Since there is no longer support for Themes, is Bell still actively looking to brand apps and push those out upon device registration (Rogers has 9, count them 9 BIS pushed icons for app place-holders: annoyance).
    How are you finding the battery life, or is this too soon to tell compared to heavy daily use of 9900?
    Are the alerts just as plentiful and feature complete as BB7? Are they still complex for non-tech-savy user to understand/apply/switch these alert settings?!
    Any sync issues with these devices and internal corporate solutions?
    Is there a team of support individuals going to be championed to setup documentation and teach to other reps ready for full support on launch day?
    Anything particular in terms of return/warranty policy being set/adjusted from current BB7 users or users that purchase BB7 devices just 30/60days before official purchase ability of BB10 devices?

These are the REAL world questions that MUST be asked because these show a user that uses a devices, seeing how the market trend is going elsewhere and RIM needs to recapture not just the excitement but the appeal of remaining a BB user to their users old/new.
    12-02-12 09:01 PM