View Poll Results: Does BBry have a judgement day?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they have a judgement day like terminator 2.

8 42.11%
  • No they dont have a judgement day they will save it like John Connor.

12 63.16%
  • If bbm messemger goes to samsung I will switch

2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Blackberry Judgement day inevitable like Terminator 2
    (Written by a Z10 user who loves blackberry but is just being honest)

Just like the terminator warned john cornor in terminator 2, "You cannot stop judgement day, you are merely just postponing it"

All OS10 and Z10 and Q10 has done is just postpone judgement day for blackberry. They cannot compete with other users and see the reasons below

Comparison Blackberry Iphone Samsung
    Product focus on too many blackberry products focus on mainly i phone focus on mainly*** s3/s4/s5?/s6?
    People Not creative Very Creative Very Creative
    People No creative individual just programmers Steve Jobs Korean with The Japanese infulence - Say no more
    Cash for R&D Not much 100bn liquid cash A lot of cash
    Key Feature BBM messenger Apps and first with U.I Apps and cool stuff like face recognition
    Marketing rubbish and bad marketing good marketing good marketing
    Actual product OS better than apple and Andriod Os is outdated - risky Os is better than apple
    look of phone boring black and copy apple white first focused on white white
    Management Board Stubborn not creative and no vision used to be creative but no more S.Jobs Entrepreneurial creative and vision
    Users Only stay cos of BBM messenger loyal coming from other Os's
    whats saving phone BBM and Nigerian market user interface & creativity user interface & creativity
    Death of phone[/b] BBM on other platforms Not for a long time Not for a long time

On this note can blackberry really turn things around? Like a game of monopoly. there comes a time when you think you are about to land on someones property and loose, but then you feel if i just mortgage my other assets and build hard on the only one set I have may be I will survive. This is that moment for bbry. This is the time for them to come up with something random and new and creative. Something that is risky something that the whole world will be like what the? i didn't see that coming?

Here are some Ideas on how they can turn the company around
    Management:
    Replace management with people who have shown consistent creativity. Real creativity. Not just a better keyboard or a peep feature on z10 creativity.

I am talking of smoking hot crazy creativity. Like the guy that created the gorrilla cadbury advert creativity, Or Richard branson doing an interview on a balloon at 20,000 feet creativity. Like you wanna make the world say "damn blackberry came up with that" creativity. Like the playstation killed super nintendo and sega mega drive creativity. want me to continue?

A few thoughts

Product basic
    Focus on only one product not two either the z10 or q10. I would say z10 and keep q10 for businesses.
    all these 9710's 8810's bla bla bla cut it ... focus on two

Product name
    All this z 10 q10 bla bla bla is boring come up with something funky.
    Something like
    1. Blackberry Colossi
    2. Blackberry Cherry
    3. Blackberry Otega
    4. Blackberry Dude
    5. Blackberry Berry
    6. Espada ( I really like this on. Blackberry Espada)

I dunno... i may not be giving the best names..but not anything that has letter and number acronyms like z10 or s10 or bold 9900.. rather, something cool....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creative product 1
    Create a phone that has say a back up battery. I.e if you are running low you can remove your battery charge it in a charger. I.e be able to charge your battery without actually plugging it and keeping to charge. a bit like wireless charging but insead the phone has a back up battery.

Creative product 2
    Create a product that can be used around water. I,e if you go to the beach you can take your phone to water take pictures and if it gets wet it does not die. People on holiday will love this. Imagine being able to go on holiday and you are on the beach and you can take picture with your phone or you are under water and can take picture with your phone. may be this can be via a special case that comes with the phone that makes is useful under water

Creative product 3
    Something very simple but maybe make the next blackberry phone have orange headphone wires or blue. this is good for marketing because once you see someone on the street with those color headphones you know they have a blackberry.

These are just some ideas. I am not saying they do not have limitations. But when Steve jobs had the idea of itunes everyone said it will fail. He focused on it and itunes is the biggest portal for music globally. these ideas could be developed to that.

However I feel that Blackberry don't have the capacity and the guts to go out of the box and try any of these random things. and hence thats why their judgement day is inevitable.

FYI - i am a blackberry fan. have used 10 blackberrys and i dont like the iphone. good product but no flash, no sd card. However once bbm moves to samsung, my next phone will be a samsung phone. Unless they do something creative.. and out the box, they will loose me as a user.....

Thanks

N.David.K
    Last edited by Ndavidk Ndk; 07-11-13 at 07:07 PM.
    07-11-13 05:12 PM
    Umm...Samsung has released the S4. And they have a little something called the Note 2 out as well.

Carry on.
    07-11-13 05:21 PM
    I started reading but didn't think it was worth the waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 05:23 PM
    Another armchair executive ... send your plan to [email protected] and maybe they'll choose you to lead the company to greatness
    07-11-13 05:23 PM
    Another armchair executive ... send your plan to [email protected] and maybe they'll choose you to lead the company to greatness
    With a CC to the Japanese in charge of Samsung too. Say no more.
    07-11-13 05:25 PM
    Not to belittle your table or anything. I stay with blackberry because of the security involved. I barely use bbm. I'm in a couple of dev groups and thats it. I have people bring me their iphones and androids all the time. I know they have gotten better (not better than blackberry), but I just trust blackberry more with my phone security.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-11-13 05:26 PM
    I think BlackBerry should hire you. With So many armchair CEO out there I wonder why Thor isn't looking for a job.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 05:30 PM
    Umm...Samsung has released the S4. And they have a little something called the Note 2 out as well.

Carry on.
    You forgot the Tab 7, Tab 8, and Tab 10. Oh, and the S4 Micro or whatever they're calling it. And the waterproof model.

Pure concentration on a unified vision.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-11-13 05:36 PM
    I postponed reading your post. See how easy that was? If BlackBerry loses you as a user do you know what happens? Nothing.
    nico2004, rickkel and SDTRMG like this.
    07-11-13 05:41 PM
    FYI I voted all three because I couldn't quite understand what this was all about. And because I could.
    07-11-13 06:04 PM
    Oh, and Samsung is Korean not Japanese.
    sonic_reducer and bombastic like this.
    07-11-13 06:06 PM
    Perhaps there's a good point in this post somewhere, but I think I gave up after reading "if bbm messenger goes to samsung I will switch"

BBM Messenger? Samsung? Good grief...
    bombastic likes this.
    07-11-13 06:07 PM
    Well due to the fact that Terminator was a movie, I will view this thread as a make believe thread......carry on
    07-11-13 06:23 PM
    I started to read the second you said Samsung has the Japanese I stopped.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and bombastic like this.
    07-11-13 06:24 PM
    lol.. i didnt say that they dont have other products... i said their main product is s3 s4 range.... ask the average 17 year old about the samsung and the first thing they think of is s4.. butif you say blackberry there is the curve, bold, z10, s10, q10... if you want to be successful you need to focus mainly on one product. blackberry does not have that
    07-11-13 06:33 PM
    haha.. dont get it wrong i love blackberry but guys lets be honest if there is no change.. the company is dead.. they need real change..
    07-11-13 06:35 PM
    Wrong again. BlackBerry has the z10 and the q10

Samsung has the S4 and the Note series.

Both have other lesser known models like the galaxy relay etc.

Too many models is a bad thing. 3 is not too many which is all the BB1 models there are.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:37 PM
    yup thats cos you are smart and already know that judgement day is coming
    07-11-13 06:37 PM
    the main product for samsung is the s4.. samsung does not focus most of their time on the note series... s4 is their main product.. blackberry does not have a main product!

i phone have i phone ipod ipad... but when it comes to phones they only have iphone.. one model out at a time.. and that is one of the reasons they are number 1
    07-11-13 06:39 PM
    yes its korean with japanese creative managers..
    07-11-13 06:40 PM
    Samsung Japanese? oh come on son! Come the **** on!
    But I agree that BB people are the LESS creative people I've ever seen in my life, when you see all the creativity put in Apple apps and all talented designer fans you just wtf.
    07-11-13 06:41 PM
    s4 is their main focused product.. blackberry does not have a main focused product
    07-11-13 06:42 PM
    Key feature Apple:
    Apps and first with U.I

First with UI? Oh really??

And and no creative people at BlackBerry either? Wow ...

Your table is so biased and wrong, it's scary.
    Enough said, moving on.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-11-13 06:44 PM
    lol how is it biased? i own a blackberry and prefer z10 to iphone.. i am actually biased towards z10 but i am just being honest....
    07-11-13 06:50 PM
    I just couldn't get through the whole thing. You do know Samsung makes a lot of different models of phones right? Not just the S4 and note. They also make several low end phones that you can find by going to any mall kiosk. The number of models blackberry makes pales in comparison. Not to mention the 4 niche s4's in was reading about the other day. One that's mainly a camera, one that's water proof, one that is smaller. Forget what the fourth one was. It was Sneezy or Dopey. Not sure. So yeah, you lost my attention very early.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-11-13 06:56 PM
42 12