I trust all of you are doing great.

Just wanted to confirm I am currently using BlackBerry internet services on my BlackBerry Z10. What if I use normal internet data and leave BlackBerry internet services, would that work for me and would I be able to save some battery juice? I am using Telenor, Pakistan.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 07:37 AM
    Here we go once again. Good luck.

BB10 does not use BIS.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    06-29-14 07:40 AM
    NO BIS Needed...

Hope that helpz!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    06-29-14 09:09 AM
    Only old blackberry use bis.

Cheers.
    06-29-14 09:29 AM
    Here we go once again. Good luck.

BB10 does not use BIS.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    I do have a follow up question at this News Conference

While I know that BIS is no longer used, for those of us who had it on older devices but never changed anything... A few months ago my Z10 died and in the interim I resurrected my 9930 and Verizon allowed it. So BIS was still there somewhere for use when the 9930 was reactivated for a few days, I presume. Now, while Verizon had to throw some "switch/switches" to re-enable the 9930 and throw some again when the new z10 arrived, we never discussed BIS.

I do understand that a number of carriers never explained or changed anything as far as users of BIS were concerned when they moved to bb10.

Well, I have rambled more than enough............
    06-29-14 09:29 AM
    I do have a follow up question at this News Conference

While I know that BIS is no longer used, for those of us who had it on older devices but never changed anything... A few months ago my Z10 died and in the interim I resurrected my 9930 and Verizon allowed it. So BIS was still there somewhere for use when the 9930 was reactivated for a few days, I presume. Now, while Verizon had to throw some "switch/switches" to re-enable the 9930 and throw some again when the new z10 arrived, we never discussed BIS.

I do understand that a number of carriers never explained or changed anything as far as users of BIS were concerned when they moved to bb10.

Well, I have rambled more than enough............
    If you didn't change anything on your account then the BIS activation is still in effect. If you are happy with the service/cost then that is fine. One could always use a BIS activated account on an iPhone, Android, Min Mobile, etc. It just wouldn't work as well the other way. Some applications could work on BBOS without BIS support, but many could not.

FWIW There are carriers that did require BIS accounts for BB10, but I think over time they are seeing this as a mistake. When I first got my Z10 I tried to use it with my VirginMobile account. But since Bell Canada (VM is a economy reseller for Bell) required a BIS account it didn't work. Some months later VM was able to get out of that situation and I've been back with them ever since. Not sure what Bell is doing today. Usually this is accomplished by the carrier locking the APN to blackberry.net.
    06-29-14 12:19 PM
    I've noticed being on a normal data plan uses way more data usage on BB10, i topped up �40 in one week to buy internet package due to the fact that BBM was using upto 250MB in maybe 1 and a half days, i went back on to the BIS which is only 500MB for me i use maybe about 50MB a month, surfing everyday on internet and chatting everyday on BBM...
    06-29-14 12:30 PM