Just got my Z30 and began transferring everything from my Z10 via Link. When I got to my BBID, I accidentally hit .ca instead of.com for my email address and didn't even notice that the "screen name" was wrong. Won't let me change it now. Stuck with a new BBID and don't want to purchase all my apps again.
    Will I need to do a security wipe, or a factory reset? Also if a reset is needed how do I go about doing it. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:11 PM
    A security wipe will take yo back to a "factory fresh" state, and you can go through the setup again. That's where you can enter your correct BBID, then tracnsfer your data from the Z10 via Link.

Hope you enjoy the step up from the Z10 to Z30 as much as I have!
    A security wipe will take yo back to a "factory fresh" state, and you can go through the setup again. That's where you can enter your correct BBID, then tracnsfer your data from the Z10 via Link.

08-30-14 01:27 PM

Yep, worked great! Thanks. Loving the Z30 so far!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    08-30-14 11:26 PM
    Glad to hear you're good now. Cheers.

Elessar.cm | Moderator
    08-30-14 11:31 PM
    speaking of blackberry id i got a question if i change the email on mines will all my stuff still be there? cuz the email address associated with mines now is the blackberry one but since we no longer have access to those i wanted to change it but not lose anything
    09-03-14 03:23 PM
    speaking of blackberry id i got a question if i change the email on mines will all my stuff still be there? cuz the email address associated with mines now is the blackberry one but since we no longer have access to those i wanted to change it but not lose anything
    Yes you will be fine. While the BlackBerry ID is associated with the email address, it isn't fixed to it. And you should change it before the transition period for your BlackBerry email address ends.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 04:05 PM
    You can also change your BlackBerry id in settings, without having to wipe the device.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 05:14 PM
    I know it is a fine point, but you can change the various values associated with your BBID in settings. If you actually change to a different BBID you will have to wipe the phone.

For example I have several. Among them my main one on my Z10 and a development ID on my DA-C. If I put the development IS on the Z10 it will be wiped. But I can change the email addresses without wiping, as long as I don?t try to use an address already associated with a BBID.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    09-03-14 09:19 PM
    So I just tried to change it and it keeps saying the email address is already been used when I know it hasn't I've only used the @uscellular.blackberry.com one

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:50 AM