Hey guys, my hub stops updating every 10 minutes and I have to restart/refresh the hub to get it working again. Sometimes it doesn't work even after the refresh.

HELP!!! Please. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:25 AM
    What specifically in your hub isn't updating? And when you say refresh hub you mean five swipes from top right corner right?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:41 AM
    Have you reset the device itself?

You can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

Things better after that?

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-27-13 10:21 AM
    I don't get any whatsapp notifications, mails don't get unread, etc. And yeah. What to do?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:20 AM

Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

Things better after that?

It's still the same even after the reset. Works well for 10 mins and then stops working again. Anything else I can do?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:21 AM

Can you cite a source that says a reset actually happens by holding the button longer?
    05-27-13 11:27 AM
    It's still the same even after the reset. Works well for 10 mins and then stops working again. Anything else I can do?

Posted via CB10
    Pull our your battery for a minute then put it back, see if it fixes anything
    If not, try reloading the OS, or do a security wipe. I don't see any alternative methods
    05-27-13 11:31 AM
    Can you cite a source that says a reset actually happens by holding the button longer?
    Yes, it's direct from BBRY. Ugh you're going to make me find a link, aren't you...

LoL... fair enough! Will do when I have few minutes to dig it up.

05-27-13 11:59 AM
    If not, try reloading the OS, or do a security wipe. I don't see any alternative methods
    How do you reload the os?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:17 PM
    Same as holding the power button for 10 seconds. This has been covered in detail thebb10 OS doesn't require a battery pull that I'd for bbos7 and lower

Those fixes are old school bbos, this OS works on a completely different level

What would be helpful us to get the current OS of the OP and the version of whatsapp

Hold off on the reload OP, let's get some information before gutting your device!

From the Zed of Rockivy
    05-27-13 12:28 PM
    Same as holding the power button for 10 seconds. This has been covered in detail thebb10 OS doesn't require a battery pull that I'd for bbos7 and lower

Those fixes are old school bbos, this OS works on a completely different level

What would be helpful us to get the current OS of the OP and the version of whatsapp

Hold off on the reload OP, let's get some information before gutting your device!

From the Zed of Rockivy
    OS version: 10.1.0.273
    Whatsapp version: 2.9.6518

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:20 PM
    OS version: 10.1.0.273
    Whatsapp version: 2.9.6518

Posted via CB10
    OK

First try removing what's app and reset the phone with the power button then reload

See if that works

Next remove your email from your phone reset and then add your emails back to the phone

If no luck try loading the latest leak

10.1.0.2342. Found here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=811115

There are a bunch of threads on how to do this one is here

Good luck

From the Zed of Rockivy
    Last edited by rockivy; 05-27-13 at 03:07 PM.
    josephsatya likes this.
    05-27-13 01:34 PM
    Here's BlackBerry's official post on how to both restart & reset a Z10...
    Source URL: Turn off your device - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0
    On that page you will find the following...
    "Restart or reset your device
    If your BlackBerry device is running slower than usual or not responding, turning off and turning back on your device might help to solve the problem.
    Do one of the following:
    To restart your device, press and hold the Power/Lock key on the top of your device. Tap (icon shown on the page is the reset icon in the bottom right corner of the Z10 screen) .
    To reset your device, press and hold the Power/Lock key for ten seconds."
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-27-13 02:47 PM
    OK

First try removing what's app and reset the phone with the power button then reload

See if that works

Next remove your email from your phone reset and then add your emails back to the phone

If no luck try loading the latest leak

10.1.0.2342. Found here

There are a bunch of threads on how to do this one is here

Good luck

From the Zed of Rockivy
    I have the STL100-1. What's the latest is for that? Not able to find any.

And I tried everything. It's still not working properly. 10.1 has been a disappointment. Thanks anyways

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:58 PM
    One of the uber posters on here is building a -1 version of the latest, the -1 variant is a special case because of hardware differences in the phone its really a custom build for one carrier and there special needs

Look up his name Kris Simundson

Thus is a thread he is posting in about ST100-1 for the latest leak

Hope that helps, by the way did you try those other ideas?

From the Zed of Rockivy
    05-27-13 08:49 PM
    Yes I did. It Still the same. Something to do with this OS I get. My phone switches off when the battery level goes to around 25/30%, very irritating. Is this something to do with my 10.1? My phone was proper with 10.0. I shall look into this guy and try to update my os.

Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 01:01 AM
    Exact same thing happening to me and my twin brothers z10s :/

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:28 AM
    If you hook up to Link, you should be able to find the option to Reload your OS. You can try that or try upgrading with one of the higher leaked OS versions.

Make a Backup first with Link either way.

And be prepared to re-download your apps/games again from BB World afterwards, as that will likely be required.

05-29-13 11:53 AM
    I just started having this problem with my T-Mobile z10 with the latest os ...I don't get text, whatsapp messages, notifications, Facebook notifications and messages can't be unread ...I have to restart my phone to get them and it goes back to the same problem afterwards. I've reset the phone, reloaded the os and still have the same problem
    Last edited by chuka101; 07-05-13 at 11:20 AM.
    07-05-13 09:51 AM