My wife and I may have the only two in the area. I have yet to see someone else with one. However the ATT rep where we got ours had a Z10 he uses and loved. We both went with the Q10.
    07-24-13 03:02 PM
    I'm in the Vancouver area and after seeing my friends Z 10 i traded in my iphone 4. Also my girlfriend traded in her old Curve for a Z 10 as well.
    I also have seen a few at Starbucks and at work some people have the Q 10. The Z 10 here is still being advertised. I saw Best Buy advertise the Z 10 on Rogers for $99.
    07-24-13 03:49 PM
    Not in the US. Not that I see. Canada is a lot better I suppose for BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    In UAE too, BlackBerry is a lot better.

Cheers!
    07-24-13 03:59 PM
    That's the problem. I have showed off the Z10 to lots of folks that have iPhone and Android phones. And while they are all pretty amazed at it -- time shift cam -- the flick typing -- etc. -- the most I will usually get in response is "I hope Apple copies that stuff on the iPhone". I mean literally that is what they say.

Getting someone to ooh and aah is one thing. But getting them to opt for a 2 year contract on a phone and platform that a) has a bad brand stigma , b) is a new and relatively apps-poor OS, and c) is viewed with indifference or hostility by the sales person at the carrier store -- is quite another.

Tough going for BlackBerry. Hopefully the Q10 will surprise with some good numbers next earnings call.
    In my case at least the one coworker is anti iPhone, she is still trying to choose her carrier, went from VZW to T-Mo 2 years ago. If BB10 got an official Netflix app I think she would be sold 100%.

The other guy has one of the BB looking feature phones currently, not sure what his contract situation is, he likes something with an FM radio since they blocked the streaming he used to do while at work, started asking me about my new BB when he saw the Q commercial during the home run derby. I think he might be more budget controlled, not going iPhone any time soon I don't think but not sure if he's really looking to throw down money and a two year contract for any phone.

In UAE too, BlackBerry is a lot better.

Cheers!
    Being on these forums I have noticed UAE goes crazy for BB.
    07-24-13 04:51 PM
    I'm in Toronto too, however I see more legacy devices especially among women. As much as I see Iphone. There's an untapped market there to get these women switch over to Q10. I personally converted one to Z10 and two to Q10.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    07-24-13 06:05 PM
    I have seen several Z10 and a few Q10. Vancouver here.

All the managers at my company uses a BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 06:19 PM
    One Q10 in Chicago and me with my Z10. One friend waiting on Sprint and another on i don't Know exactly what but he's going BB10. Other than my friends, nothing. Marketing is also non-existant.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 06:24 PM
    Every 10 phones, 3 are BlackBerries here(Brazil)
    Not BB10, but curves, bolds, torchs.
    Still BlackBerry.
    07-24-13 11:49 PM
    Every 10 phones, 3 are BlackBerries here(Brazil)
    Not BB10, but curves, bolds, torchs.
    Still BlackBerry.
    Ahh, how many people have smartphones in Brazil? That sounds like a lot since there are only 72 million bb users and Brazil has a pretty large population

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:24 AM
    Also when I hear about how many bb users are in like Brazil and Indonesia I wonder if cross platform bbm is really a good idea, because I bet a lot of people are using them mainly for bbm

But I guess they aren't making a lot of money on those phones anyway

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:26 AM
    I live in Toronto and work in Financial Services. To me it is odd not to see a BB in someones hand, I literally cannot walk 5 steps without someone hammering out an email... same goes for when I am in NY/Wall Street. Everyone uses a 9900 but starting to see more and more BB10 devices daily. Based on this site Toronto's financial sevices district is probably the mecca for BB.
    vgorous and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
    07-25-13 09:34 AM
    I saw a q10 on the train from nyc to long island

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 09:48 AM
    Also when I hear about how many bb users are in like Brazil and Indonesia I wonder if cross platform bbm is really a good idea, because I bet a lot of people are using them mainly for bbm

But I guess they aren't making a lot of money on those phones anyway

Posted via CB10
    Not sure, but i read in a local Magazine that RIM holds 3% of our mobile market.
    Also we are the 4th biggest market of smartphones, only behind US, China and two more countries.
    Not very much.
    07-25-13 08:47 PM
    Here in Belgium, I have yet to see my first BB10 device in the wild.
    Antwerp, Belgium :
    I have a Q10 and a week or 2 ago someone passed me holding a Q10. When I said "Q10 ", the other owner looked at me a bit surprised so I drew mine 2. He smiled, and each went his way.

CB10 - Q10
    Korepab likes this.
    07-25-13 09:08 PM
    Spotted a red z10. It actually looks good in person.
    BlackBerry going viral-img_00000447.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:10 PM
    Cool, so that guy is a dev

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:44 PM
116 ... 345