Yeah it's coming with the Q10, which I believe is in 2-3 weeks
    04-12-13 11:45 PM
    Hi there,

I agree with the 1st post, should have kept the best features from OS7 and integrated them with OS10, looks like BB have tried to make OS10 as new and original as possible.

If your migrating from an OS7 phone, and you think you know your way around OS10, then your in for a big shock, if you are using a playbook, then you are 75% there.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Z10, however I still miss my 9900?

Thanks
    aft1981 likes this.
    04-12-13 11:55 PM
    Things work great bugs will be solved over time and things will be even greater. This os and phone are on their way to the top.

Posted via CB10
    keyboard_cat likes this.
    04-13-13 12:00 AM
    I hope it is because they are rushing to release the phone and that they will continue to add more of the old features !! That would seem like the only logical thing to do!!

Posted via CB10
    sibeans likes this.
    04-13-13 12:31 AM
    I think what everyone needs to realize is this is a brand new OS. No lines of code were brought over from BBOS and it takes time to build an operating system. BBOS had been out for around 10 years. They couldn't continue using it because no matter what advanced hardware you put in a phone it was just too limiting. BlackBerry had to pick a cut off point or the phones still wouldn't be released. I think they have done a great job for a version 1 OS. For what it is, BlackBerry is further ahead then Android or iOS ever was at that stage in their development. Now I understand BlackBerry doesn't have the luxury of having years to develop fixes and the good news for us BB10 users, I don't see them sitting back at all. They are bringing out updates regularly, they are listening to us customers and they are building the ultimate communication device.

Now don't get me wrong there are things I want to see added to the Z10, but I have a long term view of things and from where I'm sitting the future is very bright. Updates will come out, BlackBerry will continue to listen and the phone will be like a fine wine, getting better with age. Remember people this isn't the finished product, this is the base upon which everything else will be added. It takes time to code and test things and I'd much rather have a stable release for updates then to have them rushed out and make the user experience even worse. I think BlackBerry will continue to tweak things and add features on a steady basis. BlackBerry knows how important this phone is to the survival of the company and they aren't sitting back anymore.

I know it would be nice if BB10 had everything in BBOS 7, the fluidity of iOS and the battery life of a Samsung Note II, but let's be patient and appreciate the things that BB10 does well. The Z10 has been out for less than 75 days and people are comparing it to competing platforms that have been out for over 4 years.

We should all be happy that BlackBerry is listening to us and seems to be working on things that we find important. I don't know of any other company that is actively listening to their user base like BlackBerry is right now.
    04-13-13 02:38 AM
    its all very well to have a long-term view and sound optimistic, but I use the phone now - today. It is part of my daily work tools.

I don't think it is unreasonable, therefore, for BB to have kept all the good stuff from previous OS models and ensured their loyal followers remain loyal followers,
    Flatman likes this.
    04-13-13 03:07 AM
    Give them a year. The phone has only been out for a couple of months... let's see how 10.1 is before complaining

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:56 AM
    I think what everyone needs to realize is this is a brand new OS. No lines of code were brought over from BBOS and it takes time to build an operating system. BBOS had been out for around 10 years. They couldn't continue using it because no matter what advanced hardware you put in a phone it was just too limiting. BlackBerry had to pick a cut off point or the phones still wouldn't be released. I think they have done a great job for a version 1 OS. For what it is, BlackBerry is further ahead then Android or iOS ever was at that stage in their development. Now I understand BlackBerry doesn't have the luxury of having years to develop fixes and the good news for us BB10 users, I don't see them sitting back at all. They are bringing out updates regularly, they are listening to us customers and they are building the ultimate communication device.

Now don't get me wrong there are things I want to see added to the Z10, but I have a long term view of things and from where I'm sitting the future is very bright. Updates will come out, BlackBerry will continue to listen and the phone will be like a fine wine, getting better with age. Remember people this isn't the finished product, this is the base upon which everything else will be added. It takes time to code and test things and I'd much rather have a stable release for updates then to have them rushed out and make the user experience even worse. I think BlackBerry will continue to tweak things and add features on a steady basis. BlackBerry knows how important this phone is to the survival of the company and they aren't sitting back anymore.

I know it would be nice if BB10 had everything in BBOS 7, the fluidity of iOS and the battery life of a Samsung Note II, but let's be patient and appreciate the things that BB10 does well. The Z10 has been out for less than 75 days and people are comparing it to competing platforms that have been out for over 4 years.

We should all be happy that BlackBerry is listening to us and seems to be working on things that we find important. I don't know of any other company that is actively listening to their user base like BlackBerry is right now.
    Well stated! Bang on!

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-13-13 04:23 AM
    BBRY hasn't forgotten about their old school OS 7, but its clear you haven't figured out or learned that BBRY built OS10 from the ground up using a different language and a different set of principles than what was used to create OS 7. Granted not everything has been perfect with OS 10.0 it's certainly been a start.

I tend to think of 10.0 and BES 10.0 of the "not completely finished, and we have to get something out soon or else..." version of the OS and Server and that OS 10.1 and BES 10.1 will be more or less the completed versions with a few bugs but that's normal.
    04-13-13 04:26 AM
    I cannot understand the apologists in this thread. The landscape is very competitive and technical superiority in the face of a diminished experience and missing functionality can handicap a product.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    b_n_s and Wordit7 like this.
    04-13-13 04:35 AM
    I cannot understand the apologists in this thread. The landscape is very competitive and technical superiority in the face of a diminished experience and missing functionality can handicap a product.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    I sure hope you don't expect BlackBerry to catch other phone manufacturers in a single bound! If you are then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The reality of software development is that it takes time to steer a big ship. IMHO BlackBerry has not completed the big turn but has just started the turn.

KemKev and Innovatology like this.
    04-13-13 04:51 AM
    I sure hope you don't expect BlackBerry to catch other phone manufacturers in a single bound! If you are then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The reality of software development is that it takes time to steer a big ship. IMHO BlackBerry has not completed the big turn but has just started the turn.

All I ever asked of BlackBerry was to get the fundamentals right, not after a period of some months but out of the gate.
    04-14-13 07:54 PM
    BlackBerry didn't learn anything in os 7, os 7 was a half baked attempt at rectifying a dying platform. Good riddance.

Posted via CB10
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    04-14-13 07:59 PM
    Things have definitely evolved since the BlackBerry 7 but im shocked that they didn't use all that R&D in BB7 to BB10.

To begin with if you get a text message you can't forward it to a BBM contact anymore, it takes forever to highlight the text in the message and then share it to a BBM contact.

If someone sends you a number in a BBM message sometimes it's unclickable so you would have to highlight the number and copy. You would think great now i will goto the phone app and paste it there to make a call but NO. Now you can't paste the phone number. Go back to step 1. Memorize the number in your head then come back to phone app to dial

The whole magnifying glass thing while you type in also buggy. Sometimes it will show, sometimes it doesn't. When you get underlined words in the text you just wrote and you want to add to dictionary, sometimes that wouldn't pop open either.

Copying a line of text from the browser is next to impossible. You will be fumbling all over the website in the phone browser to copy that one line of text. It drives me nuts.

I'm not saying that the phone is horrible. No it's definitely better than the 9900 I was using. However, how did BlackBerry forget core functionalities they had already used in previous generation phones?

I don't get it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    will never upgrade to Z10 as there is no BIS
    toddgrich likes this.
    04-14-13 10:52 PM
    Give them a year. The phone has only been out for a couple of months... let's see how 10.1 is before complaining

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%
    04-15-13 12:14 AM
    Things have definitely evolved since the BlackBerry 7 but im shocked that they didn't use all that R&D in BB7 to BB10.

To begin with if you get a text message you can't forward it to a BBM contact anymore, it takes forever to highlight the text in the message and then share it to a BBM contact.

If someone sends you a number in a BBM message sometimes it's unclickable so you would have to highlight the number and copy. You would think great now i will goto the phone app and paste it there to make a call but NO. Now you can't paste the phone number. Go back to step 1. Memorize the number in your head then come back to phone app to dial

The whole magnifying glass thing while you type in also buggy. Sometimes it will show, sometimes it doesn't. When you get underlined words in the text you just wrote and you want to add to dictionary, sometimes that wouldn't pop open either.

Copying a line of text from the browser is next to impossible. You will be fumbling all over the website in the phone browser to copy that one line of text. It drives me nuts.

I'm not saying that the phone is horrible. No it's definitely better than the 9900 I was using. However, how did BlackBerry forget core functionalities they had already used in previous generation phones?

I don't get it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    To be honest the Z10 is the best phone I've owned, but this is dead on. I am looking forward to the upcoming update to address these exact issues. I loathe trying to highlight/copy/paste text on my Z10. I didn't necessarily love it either on my iPhone 4, but it was substantially easier to use. I'm sure this will be addressed.
    04-15-13 12:33 AM
    If that's true that would be annoying. Bold 9900 was Damn near perfect for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 04:09 AM
    Responding directly to the subject of this thread: Thank God that BlackBerry did! If I didn't get something different (and better IMHO) in OS10, I would have been shocked. I knew this otherwise I wouldn't have changed from my 9810 Torch.

Give it time to evolve people.

04-16-13 10:05 AM
    will never upgrade to Z10 as there is no BIS
    So your here posting why then?

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    04-16-13 10:12 AM
    Like you said. It's only been out for 75 days.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:51 AM
45 12