Well considering me trolling lol...I saw the thread title and had to reply haha. Epic thread

I personally was looking forward to the black jokes people could come up with haha
    It's a relief to see someone saying "black" instead of "African descent".

But seriously though, there's no way my phone is racist, it has a colored lcd AND it's black. It's certainly not a self-loathing cell phone, that's for sure.
    Rello likes this.
    05-13-13 02:30 PM
    Can not believe most of you went there. SMDH. I have taken many many pictures with my Z10 and I have had this issue come up once or twice but I do believe it has to do with your background color.
    05-13-13 02:43 PM
    So all the programmers just forgot to include black people's faces??? LMAO

I'm having too much fun with this. I'm done lol
    i'm glad you said it,,, i'm outta my mind,,, ,,, i'm thinkin' you should be glad,,, that way you don't end up in big brothers (no pun) data base...
    Rello likes this.
    05-13-13 03:02 PM
    It had trouble with me if it's way too bright or I'm against a white background.

I'm white.

Pretty funny thread.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    05-13-13 03:04 PM
    Have you tried a broad smile when taking a picture...?

But seriously, there's something wrong with the software. When trying to take pictures of my wife the other day, I tried to frame her in a mirror. The picture turned out empty!! I could clearly see her with my eyes, but it was simply impossible to take her picture!?! Then she got mad and flew away on her broomstick...

Posted via CB10
    ilikebacon likes this.
    05-13-13 03:06 PM
    Racist. Now imagine having a white Z10...

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 03:37 PM
    My colleague friend is black and no problem but i know that sometimes it doesn't recognise faces. So far I don't think it discriminate.

Posted via CB with Z10
    05-13-13 03:52 PM
    Well considering me trolling lol...I saw the thread title and had to reply haha. Epic thread

I personally was looking forward to the black jokes people could come up with haha
    As a caucasian male married to an african america woman I'll read no further beyond this post. Too afraid to continue to read these tongue in cheek derogatory comments. Thanks guys.
    05-13-13 04:24 PM
    I took a picture of two black friends in one shot and it picked up the one with lighter skin but not the darker one. It was a bit uncomfortable when I realized what was happening.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:55 PM
    I see this as an advantage in an ever increasing world of Google glasses and privacy invading face recognition public cameras.

Scoreboard Melanin!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:10 PM
    i'm glad you said it,,, i'm outta my mind,,, ,,, i'm thinkin' you should be glad,,, that way you don't end up in big brothers (no pun) data base...
    Lol being black, I figure I can't get in too much trouble with a black joke lol. This thread was too funny

As a caucasian male married to an african america woman I'll read no further beyond this post. Too afraid to continue to read these tongue in cheek derogatory comments. Thanks guys.
    It's all fun and games man. I can take the jokes as long as people are joking. Gotta have a thick skin on the Internet. Besides....go to places like YouTube and there's no way people would dare say stuff here that they say there. I can appreciate a good joke
    05-13-13 05:18 PM
    It's designed for Caucasian face detection obviously lol.

Posted via CB10
    I confirm it works for Asians too, lol

Social media or facial media?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:24 PM
    Lol being black, I figure I can't get in too much trouble with a black joke lol. This thread was too funny

It's all fun and games man. I can take the jokes as long as people are joking. Gotta have a thick skin on the Internet. Besides....go to places like YouTube and there's no way people would dare say stuff here that they say there. I can appreciate a good joke
    yep. I'm white, and my buddy Christian told me, "bro you know how i know you ain't racist? you ain't afraid to say "black" around me". He also told me that "racist jokes are hilarious as long as you ain't dressed in a KKK outfit and lynching me", and the same goes backwards.

People are so thin skinned and sensitive anymore.
    05-13-13 08:03 PM
    yep. I'm white, and my buddy Christian told me, "bro you know how i know you ain't racist? you ain't afraid to say "black" around me". He also told me that "racist jokes are hilarious as long as you ain't dressed in a KKK outfit and lynching me", and the same goes backwards.

People are so thin skinned and sensitive anymore.
    And that pretty much sums it up lol. Once I see the white hoods, I gotta rethink the situation then lol. Seriously though I can't wait to try out the time shift feature once I get my Z10. Hopefully detecting my face won't be too much of a problem lol
    05-14-13 12:41 AM
    I demo it for customers on a daily basis and no issues (even with my own z10). I have however noticed it doesn't detect faces in low light environments. It could also be a glitch that blackberry will be addressing on 10.1?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:15 AM
    It's designed for Caucasian face detection obviously lol.

Posted via CB10
    i find the word caucasian offensive,,, i'm neither cauc nor asian...
    05-14-13 08:55 AM
    Lol being black, I figure I can't get in too much trouble with a black joke lol.
    really, i couldn't tell, i can't see you in your avatar,,, just a big watch & a pair of sunglasses...
    Rello likes this.
    05-14-13 08:58 AM
    really, i couldn't tell, i can't see you in your avatar,,, just a big watch & a pair of sunglasses...
    Guess I should've made it more stereotypical and thrown some grape Kool Aid in there LMAO
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-14-13 05:55 PM
    Guess I should've made it more stereotypical and thrown some grape Kool Aid in there LMAO
    LOOOL!!!..
    05-15-13 12:36 PM
    Maybe this is the reason President Obama hasn't updated to BlackBerry10 yet!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:58 PM
    Thanks for letting us know
    05-15-13 01:03 PM
    I'm not of African descent but I have the same problem. I think that the face detection is just not very good on this device.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 01:26 PM
    Thanks for letting us know
    Glad he didn't read more of my posts lol
    05-15-13 10:02 PM
48 12