I don't know about in the U.S. But here in canada, all the BB10 phones in the BlackBerry displays at the retail stores are turned off.

Wouldn't it help them sell the damn phone if they had the phones in retail display mode so that people can try them out?

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and sklotz2000 like this.
    08-31-13 09:10 AM
    I have noticed this also, particularly at Verizon. Of course, Verizon is on the hook to pay Apple billions if they don't sell some absurd number of iPhones. In response to this, Verizon has made it all but impossible to leave their store with anything but an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:15 AM
    Its frustrating to a potential buyer not being able to test drive a phone before buying it. I myself made a blind decision when i bought mine. The videos on youtube are not enough to convince some people to buy the phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:24 AM
    Yeah here in my city in canada most carriers have a dummy phone displayed and when I asked about why that is, many stated that management told them that if anyone wants to buy a BlackBerry z10 or q10 to tell customers that BlackBerry has a wealth of info on their website and to look online for reviews on the devices.

One place did state they had a working z10 model, but it was locked up in a door and only a manager had the key and the manager was off for the next week.

One place had a working z10, but the power cord was jot plugged into it, so no one could use it as it was dead, I asked if they could plug in ths charger for it and the response was, we don't have a charge cable for it, I asked where is the one that came with it, the response was it got lost or damaged.

This is horrible.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:31 AM
    The local T-Mobile store has an actual device on display. Half the time, it has a dead battery. The last time I had been in there, a Rep had come through and (sort of) set up demo mode on the unit. Unfortunately, they didn't finish the process, so it keeps trying to register for demo mode, and he didn't give anyone in the store the updated password. They can't change any of the settings without the password, and can't get it out of demo mode.

When they enter the instoredemo password, it does exit demo mode and it can be used normally... for about ten seconds before the demo mode registration screen takes over again. Even in demo mode, the registration screen pops back up after about ten seconds. It needs a complete wipe and reload, but they haven't attempted this yet.

At least every tune I pass by the store, they wave me in to see mine in action. I keep telling them they need to hire me.
    08-31-13 10:14 AM
    My Virgin store in Canada has dummies on display but has working models available to play with.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:17 AM
    In the Verizon and Sprint stores in my area all of the phones on display are dummy units except the iPhones. However the reps will gladly provide you with a "live" unit to play around with if you ask. I got to play with the HTC One and BlackBerry Z10 just by asking for them. The Z10 was opened from a sealed box even though I made it clear that I wasn't making a purchase that day.
    08-31-13 10:18 AM
    I live in South Afica and here all of the carriers have like crazy advertisements for samsungs you wouldnt even know about the new blackberrys!
    But...
    Everyday I see atleast 10 different people with z10's and Q5's!
    South Africa is crazy about blackberry!
    BB10QNX and damien kupuku like this.
    08-31-13 10:27 AM
    I was in my Local AT&T store last night. They have moved away from specific signage for individual phones to generic signage that displays all phones. Included in this display was the Z10 and a little more prominently, the Q10.

The only specific ad was for the Galaxy S4 active and it wasn't very large.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    08-31-13 10:29 AM
    Interesting. Here in my mid-sized Canadian city, all stores that I've seen (carriers, Walmart, Future Shop, Target, The Mobile Shop) have had a working model of both a Z10 and Q10, that have been charged up and turned on.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    08-31-13 10:32 AM
    The Verizon store where I bought my z10 had a specific Blackberry display (white table with logo banner behind it) and also another Z10 tucked in with a few android phones on the other side of the store. All the models were on, surprisingly. That was only a few weeks ago.
    08-31-13 10:44 AM
    Odd almost every store in my city has a working except koodo.

Support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    08-31-13 10:51 AM
    Yeah here in my city in canada most carriers have a dummy phone displayed and when I asked about why that is, many stated that management told them that if anyone wants to buy a BlackBerry z10 or q10 to tell customers that BlackBerry has a wealth of info on their website and to look online for reviews on the devices.

One place did state they had a working z10 model, but it was locked up in a door and only a manager had the key and the manager was off for the next week.

One place had a working z10, but the power cord was jot plugged into it, so no one could use it as it was dead, I asked if they could plug in ths charger for it and the response was, we don't have a charge cable for it, I asked where is the one that came with it, the response was it got lost or damaged.

This is horrible.

Posted via CB10
    I would've got my camera out and put them on video. Nobody likes being put on the spot

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    08-31-13 11:00 AM
    The big Verizon store in my town has 6 stations of phones. They are display cases with iPhones, Androids mainly. They repeat 6 times. At the end of one of them tucked away in the corner there are a few off models. At the end of that lineup is one Blackberry Z10. The salesman had a hard time finding it when I asked. However they had a nice big cardboard standup sign announcing the arrival of the Z10. The Windows Phone don't fare much better. They get more space because they have more models to show off, but not in the redundant fashion of the iPhones and Androids.
    08-31-13 11:16 AM
    Here in India the carrier stores don't sell mobile phones per se, but we have a lot of generic mobile phone stores with an exclusive BlackBerry display counter and we also have Exclusive BlackBerry Experience stores.
    The store from where I purchased my z10 was an exclusive store and had a really large LCD TV which played back the keep moving commercials.

Posted via the awesome z10 using CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    08-31-13 11:24 AM
    Almost all retail stores in South Africa have dummy phones and all the other smartphones have live demo phones, to me it shows lack of confidence on BB10 by BlackBerry.
    08-31-13 12:00 PM
    BlackBerry needs to push harder. The devices are pretty awesome. But their means of pushing them are lackluster. Here in my part of the city, i haven't seen one retailer that had a BB10 phone turned on. All dummies. Meanwhile, the iphone and galaxy are enjoying the attention they are getting. I'm sure BlackBerry can give the retailers some kind of incentive to start pushing BB10 a bit more.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:30 PM
    Great thread, but it would be even better with pictures. And bacon! I'd be happy with just pictures though.
    08-31-13 01:25 PM
    I have noticed this also, particularly at Verizon. Of course, Verizon is on the hook to pay Apple billions if they don't sell some absurd number of iPhones. In response to this, Verizon has made it all but impossible to leave their store with anything but an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Thus makes me furious. I will NEVER own an iPhone. Ever!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:31 PM
    I'm writing this post with an iPhone 4S, the keyboard sucks, the ui is a mouse maze... The only good thing is I'm more than halfway through my second day on this charge, if they displayed these beside the z10 they wouldn't sell any ( iPhones)
    08-31-13 01:48 PM
    I don't know about in the U.S. But here in canada, all the BB10 phones in the BlackBerry displays at the retail stores are turned off.

Wouldn't it help them sell the damn phone if they had the phones in retail display mode so that people can try them out?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about all across the U.S., but, in some areas stores, At&t don't even have Blackberries on display. In some instances, the display isn't hooked up or even charged. Can't speak for Verizon or the others.
    09-01-13 06:52 PM