I really don't get why it's good. Please explain

Posted via CB10
    My personal opinion is that it boils down to the stock market being a horrible environment to be caught up in. Speculation and "adding value for shareholders" leads to short sighted, short term decisions. Being private means they aren't in that game anymore. Their roadmap no longer leads to "let's keep shareholders happy this quarter," but "how can we make our customers happy [full stop]"
    09-23-13 03:28 PM
    Great news, finAlly we can rest )

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:30 PM
    Another plus to this whole thing too, is that BlackBerry was bought out by a Canadian company. So keeping it Canadian is certainly a plus!
    09-23-13 03:33 PM
    Read my post above. Do you understand why FFH would be eligible for payment? Do you understand what is going on? Do you know they are a shareholder?
    Do you know what "please explain" means? Do you? Do you know???? Hahahaha. I asked for a reason. So thanks for nothing. I'll investigate on my own, buddy
    09-23-13 05:59 PM
    Well Toronto sun made it seem like it was.

Posted via CB10
    Does anyone take the Toronto Sun serious?

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-23-13 06:11 PM
    Does anyone take the Toronto Sun serious?

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    LOL good point!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-23-13 06:18 PM
    Nothing else matters, its all good! Enterprise AND PROSUMERS please!! BB will rise again!!
    09-23-13 06:38 PM
    Do you know what "please explain" means? Do you? Do you know???? Hahahaha. I asked for a reason. So thanks for nothing. I'll investigate on my own, buddy
    http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/09/...takeover-deal/
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    09-23-13 08:25 PM
    Well Toronto sun made it seem like it was.

Posted via CB10
    Really? The media made something sound like something it's not? That's not allowed! If they get away with this what's next? People posting untrue stuff on the Internet?

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-23-13 08:40 PM
    Private can also mean that they chop up the company and sell it in pieces without having to go through shareholder approval.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-23-13 09:10 PM
    Private can also mean that they chop up the company and sell it in pieces without having to go through shareholder approval.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    So someone still has to take the risk of buying the company, subject to board/shareholder approval and then the buyer has to take the risk that the sum of the parts is more than the whole after all of the break-up costs. At $4.7 billion that is a lot to get your head around in, say 45 days. Assuming the deal can even be financed at $4.7 billion.
    09-23-13 10:31 PM
    what is this in the z10 section ???

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:38 PM
    It's good for BlackBerry. Good for Fairfax, their not to take a big risk with investors money as a private company. We'll just have to wait and see how good it is for the everyday BlackBerry user.
    Also, for a lot of shareholders it sucks. No doubt about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:46 PM
    By going private Blackberry won't have regulatory, administrative, financial reporting and corporate governance bylaws to comply with. They will no longer have to worry about quarterly earnings expectations. It frees up management's time and effort to concentrate on running and growing a business. BUT..... Going private doesn't necessarily mean Blackberry will succeed in selling more phones. They can still have losses each quarter. They can still go completely out of business as a private company.
    Does this mean they can also sell BlackBerry for parts if they wanted? Jw

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:46 PM
    Does this mean they can also sell BlackBerry for parts if they wanted? Jw

Posted via CB10
    They can do anything they want. They own it. Just like if you own a car. Sell it whole, or sell it part by part

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:53 PM
    It takes some pressure off of them from investors and the media. They can quietly go about their business without having to be in the media spotlight.
    I think this is crucial as a lot of stock brokers were shorting and speculating on the stock so whenever there was bad news. It was BlackBerry is DEAD. And when there was good news there was no coverage. So I think they need to go hide, lick their wounds and come back to fight another day

Posted by my awesome Z10
    09-24-13 12:06 AM
    They can do anything they want. They own it. Just like if you own a car. Sell it whole, or sell it part by part

Posted via CB10
    O damn lol and here I was just a little relieved too

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:08 AM
    Just read the globe and mail on this. Doesn't seem like he wants to part it out.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    09-24-13 08:17 AM
    Private or public, one thing for sure, they need to be profitable... which currently, they don't... the privatization approach would not solve BlackBerry's problem or even recover their lost... it will only hide BlackBerry from media... but the problem of being unprofitable organization is still exist... until it is properly address...

Posted via Z10
    09-24-13 08:30 AM
    Private or public, one thing for sure, they need to be profitable... which currently, they don't... the privatization approach would not solve BlackBerry's problem or even recover their lost... it will only hide BlackBerry from media... but the problem of being unprofitable organization is still exist... until it is properly address...

Posted via Z10
    One quarter or one year of net loss doesn't mean overall that they aren't profitable.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    09-24-13 06:37 PM
45 12