I really don't get why it's good. Please explain

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:23 PM
    They get to live another day. You truly fail when you stop progressing and they are progressing in some form and I'm happy with that.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Channel @ C0012477B for BB News, MMA & Tech Updates ]
    tg1, MacyJ, myckle and 1 others like this.
    09-23-13 01:27 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:28 PM
    By going private Blackberry won't have regulatory, administrative, financial reporting and corporate governance bylaws to comply with. They will no longer have to worry about quarterly earnings expectations. It frees up management's time and effort to concentrate on running and growing a business. BUT..... Going private doesn't necessarily mean Blackberry will succeed in selling more phones. They can still have losses each quarter. They can still go completely out of business as a private company.
    09-23-13 01:37 PM
    By going private Blackberry won't have regulatory, administrative, financial reporting and corporate governance bylaws to comply with. They will no longer have to worry about quarterly earnings expectations. It frees up management's time and effort to concentrate on running and growing a business. BUT..... Going private doesn't necessarily mean Blackberry will succeed in selling more phones. They can still have losses each quarter. They can still go completely out of business as a private company.
    well said lets hope for the better.
    MacyJ and Gearheadaddy like this.
    09-23-13 01:39 PM
    It takes some pressure off of them from investors and the media. They can quietly go about their business without having to be in the media spotlight.
    tg1 and tack like this.
    09-23-13 01:48 PM
    It takes some pressure off of them from investors and the media. They can quietly go about their business without having to be in the media spotlight.
    That should definitely help. What was it again that Mike and Jim used to make employees do if they were caught discussing share price??
    09-23-13 01:55 PM
    Company is officially sold

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:58 PM
    Company is officially sold

Posted via CB10
    Haha, no its not. November 4th for the Fairfax deal. Maybe someone else steps in with an offer. Either way, pointless post
    09-23-13 02:01 PM
    This is a conditional deal with a "go-shop" clause. It is not sold. The buyer is not certain. The company has the ability to shop the offer from Fairfax to see if a better bidder emerges. Fairfax has conditions around financing and due diligence. Stay tuned.
    09-23-13 02:12 PM
    The letter of intent simply means FFH has the funds and intends to purchase BBRY on a certain date, but have not signed any legally binding contracts which means it still can be bought, though this seems to be the best option.
    09-23-13 02:17 PM
    Haha, no its not. November 4th for the Fairfax deal. Maybe someone else steps in with an offer. Either way, pointless post
    Well Toronto sun made it seem like it was.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:18 PM
    Well Toronto sun made it seem like it was.

Posted via CB10
    Really? Do you mind linking that article if it's not too much trouble. I'm trying to read as much as I can at the moment, haha
    09-23-13 02:19 PM
    Shareholders got $9 a share in the deal with Fairfax. Much lower than the $13-$15 that many expected a takeover would fetch. At $9, it's more of a takeunder than a takeover, but better than having the company split up into pieces.
    09-23-13 02:20 PM
    This is good for BlackBerry, but for investors, like myself, who purchased stock at a higher price, this will mean a real bite in their wallet. Hopefully this sale goes through and BlackBerry is able to hire some good marketers who will actually try to sell their phones and services.
    09-23-13 02:21 PM
    The letter of intent simply means FFH has the funds and intends to purchase BBRY on a certain date, but have not signed any legally binding contracts which means it still can be bought, though this seems to be the best option.
    Considering the fact that BlackBerry will have to pay almost 200 Mil to Fairfax if they decide to back out... I'd call that a pretty "legally binding" contract hahaha
    09-23-13 02:24 PM
    Shareholders got $9 a share in the deal with Fairfax. Much lower than the $13-$15 that many expected a takeover would fetch. At $9, it's more of a takeunder than a takeover, but better than having the company split up into pieces.
    Really? Why is it better than splitting the company and providing some better value for stock holders?
    09-23-13 02:56 PM
    Wrong. The LOI is not a binding offer. FFH has made the offer conditional on financing. The offer is $4.7 billion, that is far more than FFH could pay on its own. It will need a consortium of partners and banks to participate. There is no firm transaction here at this point. For BB to announce the "Letter of Intent" on such a conditional basis is not a good sign.
    09-23-13 03:00 PM
    It's good here, people who posted and had no clue before how good or bad the company was doing will still have no clue, and will be seen right through as making stuff up to insult BlackBerry.

Forums may be nice to read again.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:01 PM
    It's good here, people who posted and had no clue before how good or bad the company was doing will still have no clue, and will be seen right through as making stuff up to insult BlackBerry.

Forums may be nice to read again.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think all the people who post here understand what is going on or actually have read the details on the "bid". It is not a financed bid. This is most unconventional. It is a stalking horse bid with no financing and a break fee of about $150 million ($0.30 per share) to Fairfax if someone else emerges as the successful bidder. Blackberry is free to shop the letter of intent with others.
    09-23-13 03:13 PM
    Wrong. The LOI is not a binding offer. FFH has made the offer conditional on financing. The offer is $4.7 billion, that is far more than FFH could pay on its own. It will need a consortium of partners and banks to participate. There is no firm transaction here at this point. For BB to announce the "Letter of Intent" on such a conditional basis is not a good sign.
    Then how could they hold BlackBerry accountable to pay if they back out. Doesn't make sense. But please, enlighten us
    09-23-13 03:15 PM
    Then how could they hold BlackBerry accountable to pay if they back out. Doesn't make sense. But please, enlighten us
    Read my post above. Do you understand why FFH would be eligible for payment? Do you understand what is going on? Do you know they are a shareholder?
    09-23-13 03:20 PM
    If they are bought by Fairfax, it's a good thing!

#IchooseBB10 to lead not to follow!
    09-23-13 03:23 PM
    Really? Do you mind linking that article if it's not too much trouble. I'm trying to read as much as I can at the moment, haha
    Just go in torontosun.com in the tech section if its not in front page news yet.
    It also said the same thing in our elevator screens when it scrolls through the news feed.

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    09-23-13 03:25 PM
    Like Dell, it is their only chance to truly refocus the company and live another day. It will allow them to make choices and focus on those, and they control the perception more because they don't have to report. Strategy is about choices, sometimes tough ones. BB needs to try to win in a space, not just participate. This may provide them the chance to do that without the analysts and other vultures nitpicking their every move and decision. I think it is the right move.

I am sorry for investors, but frankly, anyone who just invested in BB in the last 24 months was not thinking about the real trends and the real performance. I saw all the posts about it, and I never comments. I was however fearful for all those with faith in the turnaround. It was not going to happen.

I am shocked at the $4.7B price. I think if Nokia was worth $7.2B, then BB was worth near $10B. I wanted to see MS or someone come in and buy them. This is probably best for the company.
    09-23-13 03:27 PM
45 12