Hi,guys
    I got my BlackBerry yesterday and i love it, but I am missing the blackberry balance feature. I cannot find it and when I do the gesture like it shown on the help video nothing happens. In addition the balance option is not displayed on the top of the screen, where I can find the other options. I am in Germany and have the software 10.0.10.90
    Hope someone can help, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:17 AM
    My understanding is that it's for corporate use only. the IT department is responsible for enabling this feature on your phone.
    nquyen, cman5 and adjdudley21 like this.
    03-09-13 09:19 AM
    Dirty is correct on that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-09-13 09:21 AM
    Yes you must be connected to a corporate bes10 server to make use of this feature.

Sorry

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:22 AM
    I suggested BlackBerry should set up subscription bes10 service for small businesses to take advantage of this.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:25 AM
    I am using this phone only privat, that's the reason I cannot use it right?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's correct, in order for Balance to work your device must be connected to a corporate server that supports it. Without that the default setting is personal.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. You are correct.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:41 AM
    Yeah you need to be on BES10. I am on it since I have gotten my Z10. I'll be honest, haven't used it much as my corporate mail arrives in the same hub but still logically separated. BlackBerry World is work app specific but there are no apps in the yet. It's too soon, I'm sure they will come in time. It's a security feature for your employer. No real benefit to you other than having to carry around two handsets in a BYOD world

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:50 AM
    That's because your IT department hasn't added the APP's to it yet. They have the ability to add any APP they want to the BlackBerry World function on the corporate side of your device. We have done it. Balance is a poor attempt to achieve the goal...they have a lot of work to do before it's ready for prime time.
    03-09-13 09:57 AM
    That's correct, in order for Balance to work your device must be connected to a corporate server that supports it. Without that the default setting is personal.

Posted via CB10
    I'd imagine in time there will be hosted options for BES10 as there are with the earlier BES platform
    03-09-13 10:05 AM
    I suggested BlackBerry should set up subscription bes10 service for small businesses to take advantage of this.

Posted via CB10
    It would be cheaper for the business to set it up themselves. Server is free and lics are a one time cost of 99$ each device.
    03-09-13 10:44 AM
    That's because your IT department hasn't added the APP's to it yet. They have the ability to add any APP they want to the BlackBerry World function on the corporate side of your device. We have done it. Balance is a poor attempt to achieve the goal...they have a lot of work to do before it's ready for prime time.
    We have done it too and it works really well. We are pushing apps automatically that we are writing in house and specifying optional ones. I don't know how you can say it isn't prime time. Our testing says otherwise. The only thing that I am waiting for is the ability to remove the personal side.
    03-09-13 10:47 AM
    Hi,guys
    I got my BlackBerry yesterday and i love it, but I am missing the blackberry balance feature. I cannot find it and when I do the gesture like it shown on the help video nothing happens. In addition the balance option is not displayed on the top of the screen, where I can find the other options. I am in Germany and have the software 10.0.10.90
    Hope someone can help, thanks. Hey pin:2AC358CB

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:08 PM
    Actually Blackberry should make it a bit clearer, because I was expecting to use Blackberry Balance before I purchased Z10, however I never seen any information that is only available for their BES clients ans was a little disappointed when I found out that I can't access this feature.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    06-28-13 08:20 AM
    Sane here.. was a big reason I rushed out to get it only to find out I couldn't use it...

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:53 AM