I've had my Z10 for a week, issued at company along with BES 10. It does have BB Balance enabled and I first was quite excited about it, but now I've found it extremely annoying and making my phone not very enjoyable at all. Here are the problems:

- You have to continually unlock your work email, even if you're on the freaking phone and Hub, the work email gets locked out every 10mins (my corp setting)
    - Phone calls do NOT extend the unlock period, which is ridiculous. Like I have to continually unlock everytime I get off a conference call
    - You CANNOT stay and work in Work mode during the day, and then switch to Personal. This could have prevented the above, but I am basically taken back to my personal for doing anything more than email and again the stupid unlock happens all the time
    - Z10 keyboard, as good as it is, it's simply more difficult than 9900 to enter password correctly, I usually don't get it right until 3rd try (if typing fast)
    - Overall, I need to unlock my phone at least 5 times more a day than I did with 9900, and this is BY FAR the BIGGEST complaint about Z10 (after battery)

Here are some suggestions I got to Blackberry team, not sure if they ever monitor these forums, but here it is:
    - As long you're on work side, you should just be able to stay there and use the hub
    - Phone calls MUST EXTEND the damn unlock period, it's by far the biggest issue
    - Any other phone usage MUST EXTEND the unlock period, like music listening, Bluetooth, etc...
    - They should ENABLE PIN code entry for unlock, it's very difficult to enter a 8 character password and get it right all the time
    - Better yet, enable a picture unlock like Win8, or Android pattern unlock
    - Best yet, enable fingerprint reader (wishful thinking... but hey, Z11?)
    - BB World should allow personal apps on work side too (or maybe that's a work setting my company has enabled). At the moment, I can only download some specific company Apps, and a couple of BB Apps (under Public Apps).

So, overall, as much as I think it's a fantastic idea, not the best implementation. Basically, it should lock/unlock just as device lock/unlock, it just simply doesn't make sense that if am using the phone and do not need to unlock the device, why should I unlock the work email/calendar in the Hub?

Thanks!
    04-09-13 06:39 PM
    Do you think some of your issues could be resolved if your company created a better BES profile for you? My friend is an administrator for her company's server and when ever one of her employees came from me with an issue. I would tell her and she would create a profile for them that would give them certain features.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:51 PM
    It's your IT policy not blackberry. If IT says you can't do it then you can't including apps and lock time

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 06:55 PM
    Kman13, yes that what I meant.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:08 PM
    The question I have is now that you have full access to everything the phone does on the personal side, does your phone not offer a more complete experience overall? Aside from the time out issue's implemented by your IT dept, is it not more "Your" phone than your 9900 was under BES?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:10 PM
    I agree with the unlocking part where you unlock the phone the work side should unlock with it, and if you are working in personal, work should not lock until you stop using the phone for said minutes.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:37 PM
    I agree with the unlocking part where you unlock the phone the work side should unlock with it, and if you are working in personal, work should not lock until you stop using the phone for said minutes.
    Posted via CB10
    Exactly, people probably haven't been subjected so they don't know how annoying this is.

I am not sure how much of this is the IT policy vs. BB ... but there *is* an option to make "video" extend the unlock, but NO option for Phone calls! Are you serious? I will reach out to IT to see if they can change the locking profile to match device lock, but I am sure that "phone calls" extending the unlock is not profile setting.

The other issue is Pin to unlock, should have been possible in Z10 like iPhones and Androids.
    04-09-13 07:53 PM
    It's not about making the lock times match because the problem is related to you not flipping back to work in 10 minutes thus it locking even if the phone is unlocked and you are using it

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 08:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Heres the thing.. it is annoying, I actually took the password option off of my phone for the annoyance of typing it... but, if I ran a company that ran BES10, that would mean that they are very concerned about security.

Lets say you lost your phone one day while you were waiting for the movie to start... lets say the lights dim and the previews roll... lets say you get up to go purchase popcorn and you accidentally left your phone in the cup holder, lets say some punk *** kid grabbed it and walked out... Now, in your perfect world your phone would not be locked... and neither would your work side.... now lets say this punk *** kid went through your email and got some sensitive info... yea not good... theres a reason things are the way they are.. and that is something your work has implemented and not blackberry.. blackberry just gave them the option.. you should hit up your IT department for help
    04-09-13 08:30 PM
    This is just another bug blackberry needs to work out and I am sure they will in a future update.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 08:34 PM
    I'm set up with a Z10 for work and don't have any of those issues ... Must be your BES profiles. Mine will lock - but not as often as my phone locks anyway (so I barely have to unlock work stuff). I actually do everything from the personal side (I.e check work email and calendar from personal side)
    04-09-13 08:36 PM
    Talk to your IT department

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 08:40 PM
    @adjdudley21. Your scenario is so unrealistic. Like if I was on the phone in a conference call a kid steals my phone? I'm perfectly fine with phone locking after its not being used. But it's stupid to lock when I'm actually using the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 08:56 PM
    @md03wx, could you please share your BlackBerry Balance setting? Like how long is the lock for. Mine is 10 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 08:57 PM
    10 minute time out!!! My Corp has a 5 minute time out!

You should be so lucky.

No but seriously I like the implementation. I love that on weekends i can remove work from my hub.

One thing that passes me off. My work disabled extend lock period with movies. So essentially I can't watch movies on my phone without having to touch it so it doesn't time out. But that's byod.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:06 PM
    Mine is provisioned on the BES with rather liberal settings, but I think our it department really thought about it. Our timeout is 30 minutes. The password on the personal side is optional. So you can have the phone never fully lock. We have the option of tying a password from the personal side to the work side password. So you unlock the phone once and if you use it once every thirty minutes or so it remains unlocked. I check work mail from the personal side and only really go to the work side to launch the work browser or our enterprise messenger (think corporate BBM)

Applications opened on the work side or launched from the work side of the hub remain open and accessable on the personal side so long as the work side remains unlocked.

The secret to happiness is for corporate to leave the personal side completely alone and allow for a longer unlock period on the work side.

As to the password, our corporate policy would never allow a pin or pattern unlock. It has to be a strong password for us, just like all of our IT assets. So I can't fault BlackBerry there.

Overall, I find it a very positive experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:48 PM
    Exactly, people probably haven't been subjected so they don't know how annoying this is.

I am not sure how much of this is the IT policy vs. BB ... but there *is* an option to make "video" extend the unlock, but NO option for Phone calls! Are you serious? I will reach out to IT to see if they can change the locking profile to match device lock, but I am sure that "phone calls" extending the unlock is not profile setting.

The other issue is Pin to unlock, should have been possible in Z10 like iPhones and Androids.
    Almost everything your complaining about are security measures meant to protect people info. If my business side unlock while my personal side did, and I place my phone down for a second, what's stopping someone from taking my phone and enter my business side were there could be confidential information, etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:37 AM
    I manage the blackberry server and I agree with security and by no means am I saying to turn it off what I'm saying is that the lock should be for the whole phone and not one section...for example all my personal contacts are on my work account I can be playing a game then want to send an email but now it's locked and I can't even view my contacts

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:51 AM
    PIN unlock is not secure.
    04-10-13 07:24 AM