Pls someone knows why Blackberry Balance doesn't work with a personal AT&T BB Z10???
    I can't understand it and also it's very frustrating.
    Long time waiting for the new system 10 and the problems begin on the first day!
    Is Blackberry despising private costumers facing corporate clients?I want a quick fix, as a definitely would make a great company.
    I hope not to be disappointed again.
    regards
    antonio
    03-23-13 08:19 PM
    Are you on BES? BlackBerry balance is only for enterprise enabled devices.
    03-23-13 08:25 PM
    Would be great if they could allow it for everyone, even a slightly dumbed down version. I'd love to have a personal and work profile.
    03-23-13 08:28 PM
    I assume you are asking why cannot you separate your personal work from your personal play. For most they are one and the same. Balance was designed for a company to secure their data from employee owned devices or allow employees to have a personal side of a company device.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:31 PM
    Ryan, completely in agreement. it is not necessary to work for a company to need to separate the professional part of the personal part. I am an architect and I work for myself.
    03-24-13 09:36 AM
    I understand your point but I believe that it is not necessary to work for a company to want to separate the professional part of the personal part. it is very useful and comfortable, and if the device can do it, they should not deactivate it for private costumers. We also pay for the smartphone. it is as if they were deactivating the photos camera for those who are not photographers. this is my opinion.
    03-24-13 09:40 AM
    Kat0908 this is my point. it should not be just for companies. I want all the possibilities in my device although I do not work for a company. then the price should be lower for private costumers. also it would be suitable that blackberry reports that this functionality(bb balance) is not going to be available for particular clients. probably I had chosen then another different smartphone.
    03-24-13 09:48 AM
    I have waited for a lot of time the new BB10, even using a completely obsolete BB torch 9810 and BB bold 9900 (also a BB playbook). Now I am going to return the BB10 to at&t and, definitely, I will change to Samsung or Apple. It is very sad for me to leave BB after 10 years, but I have already got tired of unpleasant surprises. Blackberry does not seem to be very interested in private clients but, this is not a problem!, Samsung and Apple I'm sure that they will. greetings to everyonel and good luck.
    03-24-13 09:58 AM
    I think it would be great if we could create multiple profiles on the device on our own rather than depending on enterprise activation.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 11:44 AM
    Ryan, completely in agreement. it is not necessary to work for a company to need to separate the professional part of the personal part. I am an architect and I work for myself.
    Find a company that host the BES service for you.
    03-24-13 12:17 PM
    Kat0908 this is my point. it should not be just for companies. I want all the possibilities in my device although I do not work for a company. then the price should be lower for private costumers. also it would be suitable that blackberry reports that this functionality(bb balance) is not going to be available for particular clients. probably I had chosen then another different smartphone.
    What other phone has balance that isn't part of a MDM solution?
    03-24-13 12:19 PM
    I have waited for a lot of time the new BB10, even using a completely obsolete BB torch 9810 and BB bold 9900 (also a BB playbook). Now I am going to return the BB10 to at&t and, definitely, I will change to Samsung or Apple. It is very sad for me to leave BB after 10 years, but I have already got tired of unpleasant surprises. Blackberry does not seem to be very interested in private clients but, this is not a problem!, Samsung and Apple I'm sure that they will. greetings to everyonel and good luck.
    I think you will be sadly mistaken if you think Apple or Samsung will give you better business features.
    03-24-13 12:20 PM
    You must not have understood what balance was designed to do considering you were waiting so long for it. It was clearly spelled out in several video presentations it was for the IT department to control and protect corporate information without being able to view personal usage by the user. I assume as an architect you do not have an IT department. Enjoy your Android, they are a great phone.
    03-24-13 12:25 PM
    thanks, what a nice person! you have been a great help.
    good for you man!
    03-25-13 04:23 PM
    I don't know but at least I'll not feel cheated with advertising about something that I will not have available.
    03-25-13 04:28 PM
    Probably you're right, but I fell angry and cheated. It's a natural reaction, I think.
    03-25-13 04:31 PM
    It's not possible still for me. I'am from Europe and I am living here for a two years.
    For now I don't know a company to do what you say and don't know if it's possible to do it.
    03-25-13 04:36 PM
    I know, but it souldn't be like this.
    03-25-13 04:38 PM
    Sounds like a business opportunity for someone, BES 10 hosted service

And yes the idea of balance was to provide restrictions to the work side of the phone without affecting the personal side. BlackBerry World on the business side will only show work approved apps etc. If you want to force password length requirements or stop your self from copy pasting work emails, just do it without balance.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:56 PM