Hi,
    my power button is not working in the Z10 , is there an application or a support in the OS for assistive touch ? or to lock the screen or to turn off the phone when i want instead of using the top power button ?
    momark likes this.
    09-29-13 07:49 AM
    Have you done a hard reset? Because the only other way to lock the screen is to let it go dark on it's own.
    09-29-13 08:26 AM
    thats a shame !! i can't use the power button and there is no API or support from the OS to let me turn off the device or the screen ?! come-on.. we are in 10.2 !!! that supposed to be easy.. all phone OS that are not BB has that option either built-in or available via API for application..
    09-29-13 09:13 AM
    You can try to reset the phone by holding the volume keys

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:44 AM
    thats a shame !! i can't use the power button and there is no API or support from the OS to let me turn off the device or the screen ?! come-on.. we are in 10.2 !!! that supposed to be easy.. all phone OS that are not BB has that option either built-in or available via API for application..
    It IS easy. Don't blame the OS blame your defective phone and its power button. My power button works without issues

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    09-29-13 10:06 AM
    Hi,
    my power button is not working in the Z10 , is there an application or a support in the OS for assistive touch ? or to lock the screen or to turn off the phone when i want instead of using the top power button ?
    It's obvious that your hardware lock button in no longer working. It's not the OS.
    Until you get a replacement device you can try to change the time out settings to have the lock screen activate at an interval that you wish.
    How to change the screen timeout on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Also, if you enable this feature, I would recommend using the "Allow Gestures When Locked" settings, so you can get back in.
    How to turn off 'Allow Gestures when Locked' on your BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com

HTH
    09-29-13 01:17 PM
    Happened to me. Take it in and get a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 02:08 PM
    Too bad no OS support or an API support for this :-(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-30-13 12:40 PM
    Too bad no OS support or an API support for this :-(

Are you really trying to tell that an API should cover hardware defects?! Seriously???
    You could use a holster or just a simple magnet to lock the screen, too... a holster is a very cool way, because it protects your device and locks it. Two benefits in one.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 04:33 PM
    Both iPhone and android phones have this options don't you think they gave this option to the user so the user can decide when to use this??? Only BB is behind and don't have this...

09-30-13 08:44 PM
    Why fuel the obvious troll? They responded to y'all with the exact same BS they put in their original post. If you just ignore these morons they'll get bored and leave.

9700 > 9900 > Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.4633
    Last edited by Shifty88; 10-07-13 at 04:45 PM.
    curvezzz and gfondeur like this.
    09-30-13 09:09 PM

Lol

AT&T Z10
    09-30-13 09:12 PM