OK, while Blackberry did not show up (exception: QNX) at CES 2013, some folks with a Dev Alpha B (Z10 :P) did.

Makes all those "News reports" about Blackberry's absence kinda ironic.
    01-09-13 03:02 AM
    OK, while Blackberry did not show up (exception: QNX) at CES 2013, some folks with a Dev Alpha B (Z10 :P) did.

not quite sure how it makes it ironic. blackberry still wasnt there lol.

that video just knocked my confidence a bit. the way the calendar didnt work when he was trying to add a new event.

i hope its ready in time for release.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 03:27 AM
    The calendar wasn't working maybe because it was being reworked being the scenes. The calendar I've seen in presentations looked like it was half-bare and half-baked, only for demo purposes only. The "real" calendar probably has yet to be revealed.

Ironic as in some news reports said that BB wasn't there. Well yes, but people carrying a Dev Alpha device around? That's some free advertising.
    01-09-13 03:51 AM
    The calendar wasn't working maybe because it was being reworked being the scenes. The calendar I've seen in presentations looked like it was half-bare and half-baked, only for demo purposes only. The "real" calendar probably has yet to be revealed.

Ironic as in some news reports said that BB wasn't there. Well yes, but people carrying a Dev Alpha device around? That's some free advertising.
    It is false advertising. The dev devices are no where near the final release. The hardware is not the same, the software is not the same.
    01-09-13 03:55 AM

theres too many maybes in there for my liking, but i hope you're right.

still not ironic though lol. what would be ironic is if everyone left the show gushing about blackberry 10 more than anything else. but that wont happen. rightly so. our time is on the 30th

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 05:02 AM

what does the guy explaining have on his fingers? magnet? he literally put the phone right at the edge of his finger and yet showing demo of the functions.
    can u imagine how well balance the phone is...
    outstanding.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 05:22 AM
    I still think this is an opportunity missed. CES has global coverage on all forms of media, RIM could have used that to their advantage. At least publicise their launch event, preview some of BB10, just tease everyone what is coming, get the momentum going with BB10. Instead of showing off concept cars, showing something which is real would have garnered some interest. Everyone else is trying to wow the crowds and media with new products that are coming out this quarter, why aren't RIM doing the same? This is not to bash RIM I am sure they are working tirelessly to get the launch right, but they really needed to catch people's attention and get the worlds media excited about the launch. Many people still as yet do not even know a new BB phone is coming out, let alone it being any different from is already out there.

I have a thread in an internet forum, which has a tech category and I post all the related news regarding BB10, trying to do my bit to get the word out there, but you'd be surprised how many people have no clue about bb10. Some seem genuinely interested but others either know nothing or do not care. RIM need to go on the offensive in trying to change people's attitudes, but you gotta give them a reason to believe. Iphones sell themselves, so Apple don't need to do anything pre launch, but RIM don't have that luxury, they need to start catching people's attention because they are already focusing on the next crop of Androids which are due. In My humble opinion, I really think RIM could do more pre launch, just to get the word across and events like this offer a big opportunity to show something.
    01-09-13 06:34 AM
    RIM has teased, MULTIPLE times, what is coming in BB10. Without anything concrete, without showing on ACTUAL devices, everyone would be left in the same state as before. It would be "nothing new" just like everyone is saying about Alec's interview, and this demo. RIM is saving everything for Jan 30th, and there will be a TON of media coverage. This is a make or break moment for them as the company we know (and potentially as a company as a whole), every media outlet will be looking to see if it is enough.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-09-13 06:41 AM
    I suppose so, but they could have done something, had a stand with dev phones, let folks try out the time shift camera, or show off some bench marks with the BB10 browser, the kind of videos that have been coming out show where even the dev phones are at in relation to the competition. Give people a reason to believe in the new BB. It helps build up hype and any hype generated is a good thing. Again, publicizing the launch, telling people devs are onboard etc etc. I know they have done some of this, but you have to keep reminding people in this business. Why put so much pressure on the actual launch when a little pre launch promotion of your product could do a little of the ground work? It wouldn't have done any harm anyways. You could argue its not needed but it wouldn't have hurt.

RIM have got the product, now it's all about the marketing They have got to be pro active, it shouldn't just begin after the launch, they could be using many PR stunts now too, just get people mobilized and interested.
    01-09-13 07:06 AM