i beg to differ.. i had the S3 and Nexus 4 both on Jellybean and they lagged when it ran into over hogging the CPU... the monolithic kernel doesn't allow for the phone to run if something is causing it to crash.. hence LAG.. i'm not saying BB's don't lag.. every friggin Smartphone lags! i don't care if your using iOS, Android or BBOS, BB10... it'll lag at some point! so this whole argument is false..

every user has a different way of using it.. for example!!

my wife... she opens like 15 browser tabs cause she doesn't like closing them when she reads articles and articles about whatever she wants.. and then she complains it lags.. she did this on her S3.. and now she does it on her Z10... both lagged cause her browser app was open with 15 tabs.. it didn't matter if it was android or BB10...

some people might pay close attention to whats running on their phones... and might not experience lag.. but sometimes you just can't help certain app causing the phone to lag.. it's inevitable with 3rd party developers writing code to fit into whatever code the devs at the company wrote.
    Z10 can open up as many tabs as you like, NO LAG. Please monitor your wife better.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 06:51 AM
    This isn't 2007. Tell my why BB10 is a real communication device and my Nexus 4 running Jellybean isn't.
    Pick up a z10 for a week and you will understand. Until then I guess you won't get it.

Posted via CB10
    Amit Oberoi likes this.
    03-16-13 06:55 AM
    It is a freaking very stable OS. You have not used the Hub, so don't comment on it.

Posted via CB10
    Can Android do this? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...f-help-780871/

I rest my case.
    Actually it can, haven't you heard of the sudden death syndrome for Galaxy S3, I am one of the unfortunate ones who had to face it. But looking at the positive side, I got to buy the Z10 immediately, so cheers for the sudden death of S3
    03-16-13 08:19 AM
    I saw Z10 yesterday and believe me...was just plain FANTASTIC...however I thought u could access the Peek through the lock screen. Can u?
    I tried swiping up + left...it only unlocked it..

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.
    03-17-13 08:13 AM
    I saw Z10 yesterday and believe me...was just plain FANTASTIC...however I thought u could access the Peek through the lock screen. Can u?
    I tried swiping up + left...it only unlocked it..

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.
    No, peek is accessible from any screen other than lock screen and hub. Any other screen, be it an app drawer or an application open, peak is accessible from there on. And BlackBerry Z10 is fantastic, true words.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:34 AM
    No, peek is accessible from any screen other than lock screen and hub. Any other screen, be it an app drawer or an application open, peak is accessible from there on. And BlackBerry Z10 is fantastic, true words.

Posted via CB10
    The lock screen does tell you how many unread emails, notifications, txt, Facebook and Twitter messages you have.
    03-17-13 08:57 AM
    The lock screen does tell you how many unread emails, notifications, txt, Facebook and Twitter messages you have.
    ^^^^^^^^^....This is what I've been looking for. Now I'm just curious if there's a place you can access them all (like the OS7 drop down notification drawer)
    03-17-13 09:12 AM
    Can that be turned off or customized? According to another thread about notifications, it seems some people might find that showing such things on a screen anyone can see is a privacy violation.
    03-17-13 09:13 AM
    Can that be turned off or customized? According to another thread about notifications, it seems some people might find that showing such things on a screen anyone can see is a privacy violation.
    I've read a few threads with this theme as well. I think they were talking about a "preview" notification. This on my GS3, a txt comes through, the screen fires up and you can read the message from the lock screen. That feature can me turned off but the lock screen lighting up can't. An email doesn't light up the lock screen but the content will come across the top of the screen in "ticker" form......

Personally, I like the idea of unread email, txt, etc...being available ion the lock. Someone seeing it can only see how many, not the content....I think. I don't own a Z10 yet so I just surmise this from reading threads.
    03-17-13 09:31 AM
    Currently it's not customizable. It only shows the number of unread messages though, not the content or subject or the sender or anything else regarding those messages. I think it's pretty safe.

It does show your upcoming appointments for the day on your schedule.
    03-17-13 09:37 AM
    Currently it's not customizable. It only shows the number of unread messages though, not the content or subject or the sender or anything else regarding those messages. I think it's pretty safe.

It does show your upcoming appointments for the day on your schedule.
    Thanks ....these were things I was wondering about. Is there an easy way to access your unread "stuff"? Like OS7 with the drop down notification drawer????
    03-17-13 09:48 AM
    Thanks ....these were things I was wondering about. Is there an easy way to access your unread "stuff"? Like OS7 with the drop down notification drawer????
    Yes. Whenever you want to check your messages, just swipe up and then to right, you will see your hub beginning to appear at the left side of the screen. If you continue to swipe to the right before lifting your finger, you will see more of your hub --- this is called peek. If you lift your finger from the screen after swiped to the right, you will be in your hub with all the messages ready for you to check. And if nothing requires your immediate attention, you can swipe back to the left before lifting your finger to finish peeking, the hub will disappear at the left of your screen and you can go back to whatever you were doing uninterrupted.

The biggest advantage of this against the notification bar is, all those motions are done at the bottom half of your screen so you can do it with one hand easily.

Honestly the words cannot describe the awesomeness of this peek and flow thing, you have to pick one up and use it for a couple of days.
    Amit Oberoi likes this.
    03-17-13 10:11 AM
    Yes. Whenever you want to check your messages, just swipe up and then to right, you will see your hub beginning to appear at the left side of the screen. If you continue to swipe to the right before lifting your finger, you will see more of your hub --- this is called peek. If you lift your finger from the screen after swiped to the right, you will be in your hub with all the messages ready for you to check. And if nothing requires your immediate attention, you can swipe back to the left before lifting your finger to finish peeking, the hub will disappear at the left of your screen and you can go back to whatever you were doing uninterrupted.

The biggest advantage of this against the notification bar is, all those motions are done at the bottom half of your screen so you can do it with one hand easily.

Honestly the words cannot describe the awesomeness of this peek and flow thing, you have to pick one up and use it for a couple of days.
    True, peek is something absolutely awesome and different from the currently available options, it has to be used to understand.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:40 AM
    Yes the lock screen gives all the info, but I was saying about the peek action of swiping up and right which does not work on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 10:42 AM
    Having used both, I can definitely say that at least for me, the Z10 keyboard blows Swiftkey out of the water.

JB
    In what ways? As far as I know the predictions from BB10 come from SwiftKey's API. Maybe the swiping implementation is more your preference in the Z10...

Sent from Galaxy Nexus
    03-21-13 01:22 PM
    android spec race concerns only android os manufacturer phone to help them to differentiate one from the other, because why choose a sony over a samsung over htc over ...
    Blackberry and Apple have their own OS so they do not need to go through a spec race.
    Then it is a personal preference based on what usage you do of your smartphone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    LordCrankypants likes this.
    03-21-13 01:31 PM
    In what ways? As far as I know the predictions from BB10 come from SwiftKey's API. Maybe the swiping implementation is more your preference in the Z10...

Sent from Galaxy Nexus
    I'm not talking the predictions or the autocorrect - I mean the way the keyboard "feels." The way I don't get as many typos, thus requiring the autocorrect, like I did when using swiftkey. The Z10 has the same size screen as my old Android, and I always needed to use the keyboard in landscape mode in order to type properly whereas with the Z10, portrait is just fine.

JB
    03-21-13 01:46 PM
    Boy do I hate to say this, but have been itching to. In my biz I occasionally have contact with Samsung and even Samsung family... uh, they all use iPhones.
    03-21-13 01:49 PM
    I'm not talking the predictions or the autocorrect - I mean the way the keyboard "feels." The way I don't get as many typos, thus requiring the autocorrect, like I did when using swiftkey. The Z10 has the same size screen as my old Android, and I always needed to use the keyboard in landscape mode in order to type properly whereas with the Z10, portrait is just fine.

JB
    Just saw a video of the Z10's keyboard again and I think I see what you mean. All the keys span the width of the screen whereas in Swiftkey it's an inverted pyramid.

I can see how that would lead to less typos since keys are wider. Also just noticed the keys can be bigger because there's no prediction bar to take extra screen real state. Fair enough.

Shot below: Z10 keyboard top and Swiftkey bottom.

Sent from Galaxy Nexus
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry 10 OS vs Android OS-uploadfromtaptalk1364018084015.jpg  
    03-23-13 12:56 AM
    Also just noticed the keys can be bigger because there's no prediction bar to take extra screen real state.
    SwiftKey has an option setting to increase the keyboard height (Advanced, Portrait Key Height). Helps a little with typing, but also eats up screen space.
    03-23-13 11:07 AM
    Check out the Z10 keyboard in action:

That is about 30% faster than the Guinness world record holder using a SWYPE keyboard. http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...n-mobile-phone
    Dude teach me how to type like that lol

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:15 AM
    SwiftKey has an option setting to increase the keyboard height (Advanced, Portrait Key Height). Helps a little with typing, but also eats up screen space.
    Yeah I know but I also have the arrows enabled making my keyboard 6 rows. As you said, it takes too much screen space

Sent from Galaxy Nexus
    03-24-13 02:33 PM
172 ... 567