Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry 10 being bashed left and right

Despite the old OS 7 shortcomings, I love my blackberry experience and is very excited to switch to Blackberry 10 for even higher leap in blackberry experience.

So this guy, being a summa cumlaude (twice) PhD graduate from RWTH Aachen in mobile communication keep on bashing the technical side that are quite alien to me, Hahahaha. What can I say, I am just a regular BB loving guy.

Here's some that I quoted:

Blackberry doesn't offer any innovation. The design is so iPhone wannabe, the OS is Linux-based. The BBM is a joke compared with Path or Line. They use mass market SoC, the Snapdragon, unlike Apple who has invented A6X and Samsung Exynos. Both SoC are house made. That is what we, technologist, call INNOVATION, PIONEER. Shame on Blackberry. What do they invent? Oh yeah qwerty keyboard.

Google is the first company that introduced gesture technology through Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich last year. BB is a copy cat in all aspects. The companies or technologies they use in marketing is either snow from yesterday or some candies made by IT companies in rural Bangalore whose the majority of the employees are part time students in some IT universities. Blackberry Balance feature was introduced by Nokia through their N SERIES. The series was introduced when I was working on my PhD thesis and it was 12 years ago. They just invent new wrappings for some old **** made by other companies back then. Sorry, QNX is Linux based. Let me simply your 'teaching' about QNX. Unix and Posix 5 clones like Linux is modular OS with two distinct separation of operation space, the kernel and user space. This technique enables complete separation of user and system access. Thus user activities including virus cannot attact kernel space which is responsible of system operation. QNX is the loser posix 5 variant which competed against Linux to get into PC platform back then 20 years ago. A loser hardware company and a loser OS make a good combination.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE, as posted on thread #93 (on page 4):

Guys, thanks a lot for all the ammunition. Good knowledge, too!!!

I also agree that it's not wise to continuing the debate with my friend. Haters definitely gonna hate. No matter how much facts we offered, they always seems blind to them and only cherry-pick those which serve their original opinion.

But to let him rants freely on my fb comments section without showing him some of his misconceptions seems a bit damaging to BB Z10. And I do want my other contacts at least to respect this amazing phones and perhaps buy it.

At last, after telling him QNX is unix-like not Linux-based. That Android consists of a kernel based on Linux kernel version 2.6 and, from Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich onwards, version 3.x; he finally let it rest. This is his last comment:

You are funny. Since when Unix can run on non-unix processor like Qualcomm's. Let's stop this Bro , dont teach me subject where I got my summa *** laude (computer science). I dont want to go back to Operating System 101. I even developed a new OS called RT Linux which is now used in all Nokia Siemens Flexi BTS which can run GSM, 3G and LTE at the same time. My PhD thesis is about embedded system. Go figure what it means
    I kinda like it that he put smileys so different from the earlier condescending hateful comments on BB10. So I just thank him for his inputs and comments and that should be all.

Case close.
    Thank you, Crackberry peeps!
    Last edited by wyrdfool; 03-11-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Update
    zeteo and ezapper2 like this.
    CrackBerry User

Hold on while I grab my pocket protector and calculator to help prepare our defense against this double black belt nerd!

... haters gonna hate. Move on.
    Thanked by 2:
    jeroen_13 (03-12-2013),  R Field (03-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdfool View Post
    The design is so iPhone wannabe, the OS is Linux-based.
    Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. QNX is *NOT* linux. They have little in common.

Loser OS? Linux dreams to have the number of deployed devices that QNX has.
    Thanked by 2:
    parkinfly (03-11-2013),  wyrdfool (03-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,756 Global Posts

It is funny, because I think I read the two words "Apple" and "Invent" in the same sentence.
    Apple has never invented anything, Apple steals from other companies.
    If he thinks Google invented gesture based devices he is very wrong, first was WebOS, then Meego, then PlayBook OS.
    Linux is an OS that WISHES to be QNX.
    Ask your friend this, if he is a techy, he should know the answer.
    What is one thing that Apple invented AFTER Wozniak left the company?
    The answer is slim to none.
    Or just show him this video.
    Have I really been here for three years?
    Thanked by 9:
    ddlax22 (03-11-2013),  DetlevCM (03-12-2013),  eBud (03-11-2013),  el_excelsior (03-11-2013),  jaydee5799 (03-12-2013),  mathking606 (03-11-2013),  MERCDROID (03-12-2013),  sheeraz_aa (03-11-2013),  wyrdfool (03-11-2013) 
    calles, rav813, drum and 19 others like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Just goes to show... just because your "educated" does not mean you 'Know Anything"....will not even bother countering your friend as there is no point.....
    CrackBerry Master

I stopped reading at "BlackBerry doesn't offer any Innovation" LOL.

Yah this rim company hasn't really done much in their history :s

Tell your friend to not PUSH their opinions on you.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    Posted from my Z10 Oreo
    MoolahMitch and wyrdfool like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

I couldn't stop laughing at the apple invented part lol

Posted via CB10
    8130 > 9800 > 9810 > 9900 > Z10 & DAC

Twitter: @JasonOickle BBM Channel: C001645C5
    Apps: Chive On | "What's On?" - BFB Approved!
    Main site: Jason Oickle | Independent BlackBerry 10 Developer
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts

Sounds like one of those Apple worshipers.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm pretty sure that the Gestures were on the BlackBerry PlayBook before Android.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    It is funny, because I think I read the two words "Apple" and "Invent" in the same sentence.
    Apple has never invented anything, Apple steals from other companies.
    If he thinks Google invented gesture based devices he is very wrong, first was WebOS, then Meego, then PlayBook OS.
    Linux is an OS that WISHES to be QNX.
    Ask your friend this, if he is a techy, he should know the answer.
    What is one thing that Apple invented AFTER Wozniak left the company?
    The answer is slim to none.
    Or just show him this video.
    What he/she said.. Apple Steals From other Companies and Sues those who don't comply to giving into them.. Steve Jobs (rest his soul) was the A-Hole Business man that would stop at nothing to get what he wanted, even if it mean't bashing the other companies in the media and spending millions on media outlets to make sure APPLE is dominant in the MEDIA and not anything else.

Yeah Steve Jobs i miss the guy cause he did what many people would do in business and have done, so he made sure his business survives, but now Blackberry has come back with a vengence and will kick some *** back into apple.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    744 Global Posts
    PIN
    NA

Quote Originally Posted by joe.miller View Post
    Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. QNX is *NOT* linux. They have little in common.

Loser OS? Linux dreams to have the number of deployed devices that QNX has.
    It would probably shock him to find out iOS is BSD based, and that Android is Linux based.
    Thanked by 3:
    erodenero (03-11-2013),  MERCDROID (03-12-2013),  wyrdfool (03-11-2013) 
    r0v3rT3N and joe.miller like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

Apple invented?! When was the last time the big fruit invented anything? They would rather sue than innovate just ask Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 and loving it!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skibnik View Post
    Apple invented?! When was the last time the big fruit invented anything? They would rather sue than innovate just ask Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Apple invented the how to screw customers and competition in one shot and they still hold this invention.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts

Not to be disrespectful but soon as I read the title "High school Friend" I didn't even both reading the long thread. When I was in high school I was too busy chasing girls and playing sports.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well to put it in Apple style of invented. BlackBerry invented smartphone.

QNX is obviously not Linux its Unix-like system. The clue is in the name ffs, quick unix...

He is obviously an Apple fan boy on a mission, but at one point one should always stop and think about what he is saying. Most of what he mentioned is Apple propaganda wrapped into, "oh I went to uni once". And that apparently gives the right to say "We Professionals".

His monologue is laughable.

But it's a good sign, if apple fan boys feel this disturbed by bb10, that they start making stuff up. They must be scared.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 4:
    Djlatino (03-11-2013),  DzarulAzwar (03-12-2013),  helloz10byeiphone (03-11-2013),  wyrdfool (03-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skibnik View Post

Posted via CB10
    Apple invents accessible user experience. That's their innovation.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Genius

This 'friend' has a lot to learn.
    An apple is an apple
    An android is an android
    A BLACKBERRY is a BLACKBERRY (CAPS intended)
    As I see it, serious users prefer the BB because of it's security, BBM, hard keyboard (if wanted): about 80 million +/- users worldwide.
    BB users tend to keep their phones until they wear out after many years, not changing them because of 'next generation' fad.
    FACTS:
    In the past half year, RIMM (now Blackberry) shares are up 100%.
    In the past year, Apple shares are down 50%.
    wyrdfool likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Does it matter what it's made from? You like it you use it. I can't remember the last time I opened my phone up and check the SoC and see omg its snapdragon not something rim invented!!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    Apple invents accessible user experience. That's their innovation.
    It's a marketing ploy. Z10 is way easier to use than iPhone. But when Apple tells you 24/7 that iPhone is easy to use, you would feel very stupid confessing otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    wyrdfool likes this.
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts

OP, your high school friend has a PhD?
    BB4Life
    Thanked by:
    bobauckland (03-11-2013) 
    schmittdog and bobauckland like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts

Your so called friend is a complete and utter ********* OP, if that was my friend saying that rubbish, id stop being friends with him.

Apple aint invented shizzle, they copy what is alreadyy out there and then make it out that they invented it. Hopefully now with Jobs long gone, perhaps Apple will sort themselves out.

I'll say this iOS is staler than 2 mth old cheese at the moment and if Apple dont buck up their ideas and innovate, as they like to claim that they are...then in no time they will find themselves exactly where BB were a yr or so ago.

Android is far more innovative than iOS and has been for a few yrs now, just people havent really picked up on that and instead of dropping their dumbphone, which is what an iphone essentially is and getting a proper smartphone ie Android and BB10 now is. They wouldnt know the difference to be honest. Dont be surprised if the next generation of iphones and Androids no longer have the home button, BB has definitely changed things in that respect.
    wyrdfool likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

The design is so iPhone wannabe, the OS is Linux-based
    Not really sure how inventive you can get with a 'slab of glass' touch screen.
    . The BBM is a joke compared with Path or Line. T
    LOL - BB and Path aren't really the same thing.

Google is the first company that introduced gesture technology through Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich last year.
    LOL - pretty sure that was on the PlayBook two years ago. And on WebOS two years before that. ;-)

Blackberry Balance feature was introduced by Nokia through their N SERIES.
    BlackBerry Balance isn't 'new' to BB either, even though a lot of tech blogs are saying that it's a new feature in BlackBerry 10.

Introducing BlackBerry Balance! «Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    Thanked by:
    wyrdfool (03-11-2013) 
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Google is the first company that introduced gesture technology through Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich last year.
    Aaaand that's where I stopped reading. BlackBerry PlayBook had gestures in 2010 but tell your buddy nice try. He lost any credibility to even have me consider reading the rest of his diatribe.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and wyrdfool like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

Day 1 of U.S. release date announcements, 2nd big wave of hater/troll/bashing arriving right on time...it's going to get uglier over the next few weeks, much uglier before it gets better.
    #itsjustaphone

My band Fuse Box (powered by BlackBerry)
    Thanked by:
    SlcCorrado (03-11-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Omg this guy sounds like such an fool! I been using my z10 for a while now . It does everything older blackberrys does only better. It does everything ios and andriod does only faster and better! It does things no other platform can do. By the reponse i grt from ios and driod fans when i show them and the number of them i see that say it well be there next phone i think the apple prop-aganda mechine might of hit a road block here. I doubled my steak in bb all my apple is gone.
    fireboy2281 and wyrdfool like this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast