CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Black Berry Email not Supported on New Z10

I just upgraded to the New Z10 and then find out the blackberry email that i've been using the past 8 years or so will not be supported on the new devices..what a logistical nightmare. Business cards need to be changed..business letterhead needs to be changed..signage omg..whats up with this Black Berry??
    CrackBerry Genius

yes this has been discussed many times over the past 3 weeks... Sucks, but that's what the new BB10 platform has done, ALMOST completely done away with BIS and the Blackberry.net email address.

If this was going to be an issue for you, I hate to say it, you should have done some homework.
    Be a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

BlackBerry will forward your @(carrier).blackberry.net/com address to another email address for 1 year.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 and Q10 running on AT&T
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

It was also mentioned by the CEO of blackberry before the release of the Z10, well its not the Z10 thats is the issue, its not supported anymore since BB10.

This is not NEW information.

Reminds of ppl who watch a commercial 20 times and still by the product and complain about this or that even though the commercial said it can't clean your damn sink.

BIS is not supported anymore.
    Last edited by xamdam; 02-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frehley View Post
    BlackBerry will forward your @(carrier).blackberry.net/com address to another email address for 1 year.

This is true, but i never use my BB address for email.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    This is true, but i never use my BB address for email.
    I had used the @blackberry.net email since I had the 7250. I read everything I could about the "demise" of BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) as well as no longer having the @(carrier).blackberry.net/com email address. The forwarding of the blackberry email for 1 year is a good touch for BBRY and should give users ample time to update.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 and Q10 running on AT&T
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

Now is a good time to register your own domain and either forward your email to a free provider or get some cheap email hosting. For less than 10/year you can own a domain and you never have to worry about it being discontinued.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The blackberry.net email address was made way back when there really weren't any free email providers, it was a way for people who didn't have an email address (or a different one than their BES address) to be able to use the emailing feature of the BlackBerry. It's archaic.

For the record, the account is nothing more than an address. There is no inbox with a BlackBerry.net account. It works more like sms rather than email. Messages are simply transferred to the BlackBerry. If the message is deleted off of your BlackBerry it does not exist anywhere else (unless you have a backup or you forwarded the email to a different account).

For those reasons alone, these accounts are not a good idea for anything business related.