okay, so i previously own a stl100-1 device and recently moved to stl100-2 because of the processor difference (stl100-2 is faster)..
    After swapping my device, it feels good, much better than the stl100-1, from its performance to its battery life...
    but there's one noticeable issue that comes to my mind, it feels that the peek and flow gesture kinda stutter when done from within the browser, and it's kinda annoying, because I don't have that issue when I was using the stl100-1...
    can anybody explain this to me or share their experience about this??

Thank you
    04-03-13 04:59 AM
    technically you wouldn't see a real world difference between the 100-1 and the 100-2/3/4 models despite it having two different processors.

However I haven't experienced any lag during normal use. It may be dependent upon the website itself and it's characteristics (how demanding it is to load the site maybe)
    04-03-13 05:05 AM
    hmmmm.. I kinda notice a lot of differences.
    including page scrolling in cb app.. it's kinda slow on stl100-1

anyway, it does stutter even though I don't open any page, and I tried to turn off flash.. but that didn't help... I'm kinda confused here...

Thanks for the reply anyway
    04-03-13 05:11 AM
    maybe try the good ole restart see if that helps. My experience has been very fluid thus far... only the settings menu is a bit laggy in comparison (but that's because it's written in adobe air). The phone menu does have a short pause in loading too but other than that... it's good.
    04-03-13 05:14 AM
    Just so you know, the GPU on your older phone is actually better, so while you now have a better CPU, you got a worse GPU, and that's why you're getting that stutter. By the way, I also get that little bit of stuttering when peeking from the browser. It's not really a big deal, and I'm pretty sure all these little performance issues will be fixed in future updates I mean, this phone runs things amazingly smooth, even when compared to an iPhone 5 which has a tri-core GPU many many times more powerful, and Android devices with twice the number of cores. I'd say BlackBerry did a good job. The only other OS that competes on smoothness with similar hardware is windows phone, but let's be honest, they achieved that partly by removing graphics and making most things text based
    04-03-13 05:20 AM
    maybe try the good ole restart see if that helps. My experience has been very fluid thus far... only the settings menu is a bit laggy in comparison (but that's because it's written in adobe air). The phone menu does have a short pause in loading too but other than that... it's good.
    The phone is also written in Air, just like settings, that's why those two are laggy. I really hope that BlackBerry will rewrite those in Cascades, and I'm pretty sure they will eventually.
    04-03-13 05:22 AM
    Your right, I also notice a small difference in how smooth the rendering is.

Not a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:22 AM
    Thank you all for the reply
    I just want to make sure that it's not only my phone who have that issue :P
    I was afraid that my phone has a defect that causes it... but I think several people here notice it too, so I think it's normal

love my z10
    04-03-13 05:36 AM
    oh yeah, I don't make this thread to bash bb or anything, just want to make sure
    I agree that blackberry has done a very amazing job on this Os
    04-03-13 05:37 AM
    oh yeah, I don't make this thread to bash bb or anything, just want to make sure
    I agree that blackberry has done a very amazing job on this Os
    I don't think anybody here has a problem with legitimate feedback. The issue begins when you have someone with no previous posts starting a new topic with "SO MUCH LAG OMG!" and it will be an essay of completely false info like how BB10 doesn't have push, how it sucks compared to iphone, etc etc and and with "I'm returning it and getting an iPhone 5!" It's pretty clear in those cases that the poster has never actually used the device and is only regurgitating crap they heard in online reviews, which we all know are filled with inaccuracies and false information. In your case, you asked a legitimate question that proves your ownership of the devices, without jumping to any radical conclusions or spewing false information and propaganda for another platform. Nothing wrong with your post at all
    04-03-13 05:53 AM
    I get minor lag when replying to SMS TEXT messages, my messages appears about a second later after hitting send.

When I send a BBM message, its noticeably faster, like instant or almost as soon as I hit send.

Have tried deleting all texts, rebooting etc etc, but still getting a mini lag on sms, anyone else experiencing this?
    04-03-13 06:05 AM
    I don't think anybody here has a problem with legitimate feedback. The issue begins when you have someone with no previous posts starting a new topic with "SO MUCH LAG OMG!" and it will be an essay of completely false info like how BB10 doesn't have push, how it sucks compared to iphone, etc etc and and with "I'm returning it and getting an iPhone 5!" It's pretty clear in those cases that the poster has never actually used the device and is only regurgitating crap they heard in online reviews, which we all know are filled with inaccuracies and false information. In your case, you asked a legitimate question that proves your ownership of the devices, without jumping to any radical conclusions or spewing false information and propaganda for another platform. Nothing wrong with your post at all
    hahahhaha.. okay then
    04-03-13 06:43 AM