Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By b320
  • 1 Post By Jr_660
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BIS Hosted Email (.net) - Get Your Free Forwarding for 1 Year

To everyone who has raised the issue of losing your BIS-hosted email address (such as someone@vzw.blackberry.net), BlackBerry now supports forwarding of your previous BIS hosted address (again, only the .net or .com BlackBerry addresses), so that you don't lose access immediately and have time to migrate to a new email address.

Instructions are here:
    KB33260-BlackBerry (hosted) email address forwarding for BlackBerry 10

Forwarding is currently available for hosted .net addresses on Canadian and select European providers. Correction: all official launch carriers (in Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Africa) appear to be supported.

The article doesn't state support for any US carriers right now but the following URLs appear to be active and the system appears to be functioning (for those lucky ones who have a Z10 in the United States):

https://tmobile.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://vzw.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://sprint.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://att.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://alltel.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://csouth1.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://nextel.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://cellc.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://cinbell.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://virginmobileusa.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    https://gci.blackberry.com/html/hosted/
    Last edited by b320; 02-10-2013 at 01:55 AM. Reason: add information for US carriers, even more carrier links
    Thanked by:
    howarmat (02-10-2013) 
    howarmat likes this.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,309 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

Brilliant info, thanks for sharing...
    CrackBerry Newbie

What will happen to the older devices?
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by shumone View Post
    What will happen to the older devices?
    Legacy devices (BlackBerry OS 5 / 6 / 7) continue to be fully supported on BIS with no end-of-support timeframe currently stated. (My guess is that) most likely, once there are fewer than 1 million users on BIS (from the current approximately 80 million), BlackBerry will push for the rest of the users to switch.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    PIN
    pm me for it

I have been wanting to move away from my carrier for some time but I was worried about losing my email account with them. So can I now forward my email to gmail and move to a different carrier? Will I still receive forwarded emails for one year? I am not moving to BB10 btw.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by koli.fx View Post
    I have been wanting to move away from my carrier for some time but I was worried about losing my email account with them. So can I now forward my email to gmail and move to a different carrier? Will I still receive forwarded emails for one year? I am not moving to BB10 btw.
    This is not the intent for the free service provided by BlackBerry but basically, yes, you can use the free year of forwarding to make the switch. After one year, your BlackBerry Hosted Email address will go away permanently unless you resubscribe with a BIS plan with the same carrier and the same address is still available.
    Thanked by:
    koli.fx (02-10-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Changing BB ID

I get a message that making the change requires a security wipe and data will be lost. What data? Everything on my device?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes - a security wipe will reset the BB back to factory defaults.

I ran into this @blackberry.net email problem over a week ago... About @carrier.blackberry.net email on BB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Insync View Post
    I get a message that making the change requires a security wipe and data will be lost. What data? Everything on my device?
    Where is this appearing? On a BlackBerry 10 device or a legacy BlackBerry OS 5/6/7 device?
    CrackBerry User

Here's a little problem however, if you followed the instructions to change your BB ID to another email address while using Blackberry Link, you've effectively erased your blackberry.net account and I don't see any way to enable that forwarding. BIG problem, if you ask me.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by arthursim View Post
    Here's a little problem however, if you followed the instructions to change your BB ID to another email address while using Blackberry Link, you've effectively erased your blackberry.net account and I don't see any way to enable that forwarding. BIG problem, if you ask me.
    Hmm. If you've changed the email account associated with your BlackBerry ID whether in BlackBerry Link or elsewhere, you should still be able to perform the steps provided by BlackBerry. EDIT: The "username" requested on the configuration page is NOT your BlackBerry ID but rather the prefix from your old BlackBerry Hosted email address (i.e. what comes before the @ symbol). You should still be able to setup forwarding *provided* you know your username and your old BIS password. The username is indeed your old BlackBerry hosted email address.

Solution is posted below.
    Last edited by b320; 02-13-2013 at 01:32 AM. Reason: corrections, fixes
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by b320 View Post
    Hmm. If you've changed the email account associated with your BlackBerry ID whether in BlackBerry Link or elsewhere, you should still be able to perform the steps provided by BlackBerry. The "username" requested on the configuration page is NOT your BlackBerry ID but rather the prefix from your old BlackBerry Hosted email address (i.e. what comes before the @ symbol). You should still be able to setup forwarding *provided* you know your username and your old BIS password.
    Doesn't seem to work for me. It gives an error actually about not having a valid email address in the form.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,814 Global Posts

I've never used that addy for anything cause if you change carriers its gone anyway.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Since it only affects name@carriername.blackberry.net email addresses, I guess name.carriername@blackberry.com email addresses aren't affected. That true when migrating to blackberry 10?
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 02-13-2013 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Typo
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    Since it only affects name@carriername.blackberry.net email addresses, I guess name.carriername@blackberry.com email addresses aren't affected. That true when migrating to blackberry 10?
    Yes, it is true of *any* migration to a BlackBerry 10 device. Any BlackBerry Hosted @xxx.blackberry.com/net email is affected by this, both .com and .net email addresses. Please see the first paragraphs of the original post or use the link at BlackBerry's web site posted.
    Last edited by b320; 02-13-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: first word was misleading
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by arthursim View Post
    If this is what happened then, I would suggest two solutions, one faster, one slower, both will involve a bit of work:

1. Regain your BIS account and setup forwarding "on your own."
    a) Reactivate your old BlackBerry on BIS. Do NOT use your new BlackBerry ID that you're using on your BlackBerry 10 device. You *can* use the SIM card (temporarily) from your Z10.
    b) Access the BIS site for your carrier using your old BIS credentials (this time you *are* using only the username, not the whole email address) and perform a device switch. Verify that your BlackBerry hosted address is still there.
    c) Use the forwarding site and set up forwarding. Verify that it works.
    d) Return your SIM card to your Z10, getting rid of BIS if you need to.

2. File a ticket to request BlackBerry to setup forwarding (not "on your own") by calling your carrier and explaining the problem to a tech support person. Politely insist that a support ticket ("incident report") be filed with BlackBerry. Refer to the KB in the original post.

Whether either of these options is worth it depends on how much you value your old BlackBerry hosted address and how much you need the forwarding.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by b320 View Post
    Yes, it is true of *any* migration to a BlackBerry 10 device. Any BlackBerry Hosted @xxx.blackberry.com/net email is affected by this, both .com and .net email addresses. Please see the first paragraphs of the original post or use the link at BlackBerry's web site posted.
    Apologies, I was speed-reading through the pages of articles on crackberry and didn't quite comprehend everything.Damn.... That sucks. I'll definitely be taking advantage of the aliases yahoo mail offers if that is the case. I'll be using my 9900 until I can afford to get the Q10, or until the next qwerty blackberry hits. I'm going to miss using BIS allot. I guess I'll be using this badass blackberry bold for a while longer after the Q10 until things bend my way (in the name of funds).
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

When you get to that carrier transfer page it ask for your @bell.blackberry.net adress, that's fine I've got that. But then it asks for a password for it... I don't remember ever having one setup. I've tried my BB ID and my BIS password without success and don't really want to try more since you have 10 chances before it locks you out... Am I just not remembering something obvious here? Any sugestions?

I don't want to invest too much time into this since the only emails I was getting in that account were BlackBerry's one and a golf club newsletter... So what I ended up doing is logging into my BIS and setup auto-fwd to my main account from there. Testing it I get 2 emails, one Failed Delivery Status Notification that my email didn't reach the BB handset and the test email I sent. I guess it will do...

And I did change my BB ID email from the @bell.blackberry.net to my normal email account, that went well.
    b320 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts

Does anyone know how to un forward the BIS email. I went back to my 9930 and I have not been able to find a way to stop the email from forwarding? Any suggestions on how to do this? The Verizon reps could not help.
    I hope this helps.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2168079f

Thanks now some of my old emails are getting forwarded to a new email account!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry.net email forwarding

Hello, I changed my BB ID to my new email address, but I'm not receiving any emails sent to that address.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Setup the forwarding and it worked fine until recently. Now Rogers indicates that the user@rogers.blackberry.net account has been deleted by Blackberry????? Forwarding was promised for 1 year, but has only been 4 months. Did this service end on Jan 1, 2014????

Help?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts

This news is old. It first made it's round on crackberry.com when the Z10 was first released.