How do I get birthdays assigned to contacts to show on my calendar? I have set calendars to show everything including local calendar but it still does not show. On android this works without hitch

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 04:21 AM
    There is no way to import your contacts birthdates into the calendar right now.
    05-26-13 04:50 AM
    How do I get birthdays assigned to contacts to show on my calendar? I have set calendars to show everything including local calendar but it still does not show. On android this works without hitch

Posted via CB10
    If you are syncing your contacts with Gmail, then there is a workaround (Personally, I think it is stupid to need a workaround for something this basic... but).
    Gmail has a Birthday / events Calendar that gets populated from your Gmail Contacts. You can subscribe to THAT calendar and have that sync to your BlackBerry.

Google's Birthday Calendar:

How to Add Your Gmail Contacts' Birthdays to Google Calendar - About Email

To add a calendar showing and alerting you to birthdays of your Gmail contacts to Google Calendar:

Settings | Calendar settings in Google Calendar.
    Go to the Calendars tab.
    Follow the Browse interesting calendars � link under Other Calendars.
    Open the More tab.
    Click Subscribe for Contacts' birthdays and events.
    05-26-13 05:05 AM
    Thanks I will try this. Yes all my contacts are from android therefore on Google. If I'm synced to my Gmail on the z10, contacts are automatically synced as well right?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:13 AM
    If you are syncing your contacts with Gmail, then there is a workaround (Personally, I think it is stupid to need a workaround for something this basic... but).
    Gmail has a Birthday / events Calendar that gets populated from your Gmail Contacts. You can subscribe to THAT calendar and have that sync to your BlackBerry.

Google's Birthday Calendar:

How to Add Your Gmail Contacts' Birthdays to Google Calendar - About Email

Wow... what a mess! The good news is that this finally worked! So, just wanted to give you your shout out!

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I have been fighting with the birthday issue for a month now...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:43 PM
    I have birthdays show up on my calendar from my Facebook. It is set to remind me the day before too.

BlackBerry Z10 and 32gb PlayBook
    05-26-13 09:53 PM
    I have birthdays show up on my calendar from my Facebook. It is set to remind me the day before too.

We're talking about birthdays on your contacts data not fb. I just tried the Google thing and I will find out in a while if it works

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 09:25 AM
    Wow... what a mess! The good news is that this finally worked! So, just wanted to give you your shout out!

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I have been fighting with the birthday issue for a month now...

Posted via CB10
    Happy to help
    05-28-13 09:28 AM
    Happy to help
    Works for me as well thank you!!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:30 AM

How did you do that?

thank you in advance,
    cheers
    05-31-13 02:59 AM
    How did you do that?

thank you in advance,
    cheers
    Settings then accounts then Facebook, you should see a birthday reminder option at the bottom

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 09:19 AM