Hello,

I have a Z10 - STL100-2, OS version 10.1.0.4543, Build 550083.

My problem with it is none of my sensors are working. I refer to accelerometer, magnetometer, orientation, gyroscope, light, promixity, gravity, linear acceleration and the rotation vector.

The phone is new and it hasnt suffered any shock.

I belive that there is a software problem. But i factory reset it, i pulled out the battery, even for a whole night. I even pulled out the sim. The problem is still there.

Then only smart function is that the GPS is working. And also, internet, phone, sms, email, browser, etc.

But all the cool functions, involving those sensors are dead.

I was thinking of installing a leak version of OS, maybe the 10.1.0.4633.

But i'm not sure what else can be done in this case ...
    07-15-13 11:32 AM
    Exchange the phone for a new one?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:37 AM
    Hello,

I have a Z10 - STL100-2, OS version 10.1.0.4543, Build 550083.

My problem with it is none of my sensors are working. I refer to accelerometer, magnetometer, orientation, gyroscope, light, promixity, gravity, linear acceleration and the rotation vector.

The phone is new and it hasnt suffered any shock.

I belive that there is a software problem. But i factory reset it, i pulled out the battery, even for a whole night. I even pulled out the sim. The problem is still there.

Then only smart function is that the GPS is working. And also, internet, phone, sms, email, browser, etc.

But all the cool functions, involving those sensors are dead.

I was thinking of installing a leak version of OS, maybe the 10.1.0.4633.

But i'm not sure what else can be done in this case ...
    If you bought it new, I'd call my carrier to get it replaced - or contact BBRY if that isn't possible. Haven't heard of this being a OS problem... before.
    07-15-13 11:39 AM
    Exchange the phone for a new one?

Posted via CB10

I can't. It`s bought from a guy. I was a fool to buy it from an unknown source.
    07-15-13 11:42 AM
    How are you testing these sensors?
    07-15-13 12:21 PM
    Try reloading the leaked os or try an official release as the os you are running now is a leak... although I'm also running this leak with no problems

Swoosh... swiped from my Z10
    07-15-13 12:24 PM
    How are you testing these sensors?
    With software and also with my hands. For instance, the phone is not landscape-ing. The compas is not working. When i make a call, the dispaly is not closing when i put it at my ear, etc.

Any sensor analizer software says "waiting data" ...
    07-15-13 12:31 PM
    EDIT: Download Berry Tester from the App World, it's a free app that will let you do a lot of great tests on the sensors and maybe give some useful information going forward.

Could this be either a counterfeit, or a Developer device that's been flashed to look like a Z10? Have the moisture exposure stickers in the battery compartment been triggered?

At any rate, if there is a software issue, go to the OS section of these forums and search for info on how to do a full wipe and OS reload.

But first take lots of screen shots, in case something funny is going on with your phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 12:48 PM
    With software and also with my hands. For instance, the phone is not landscape-ing. The compas is not working. When i make a call, the dispaly is not closing when i put it at my ear, etc.

Any sensor analizer software says "waiting data" ...
    Sounds like a lemon. That sucks :/. Maybe you can get BBRY to fix it or replace?

Edit:

Actually, that makes me wonder. On apple devices the warranty moves with the device. How does it work with Blackberry?
    07-15-13 03:50 PM
    Sounds like a lemon. That sucks :/. Maybe you can get BBRY to fix it or replace?

Edit:

Actually, that makes me wonder. On apple devices the warranty moves with the device. How does it work with Blackberry?
    Should be the same, warranty is attached to serial number. At least in all mobile cases I have ever seen, being new to BB I could be wrong, but that's SOP for manufacturers.
    07-15-13 04:47 PM
    Manufacturer 1 year guarantee

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 08:19 PM
    In Belgium and I think the whole of Europe you have a mandated 2 year warranty, and it follows the phone, not the buyer

07-16-13 01:18 AM
    In Belgium and I think the whole of Europe you have a mandated 2 year warranty, and it follows the phone, not the buyer

Pretty sure Germany is the same as well, EU does have some pretty good consumer protection when compared to the US.
    07-16-13 01:14 PM
    Hi guys

For the past few months, i have been unable to auto rotate. Obviously watching videos is not so great anymore but I always thought that maybe it was a software problem and my next upgrade would rectify it.

However, having moved to 10.2, the problem still exists. So i downloaded a few sensor tester apps from BBW, and lo an behold, the only sensor results showing are PROXIMITY and LIGHT. Shouldnt the accelerometer and gyroscope, compass all show? Does this possibly mean that I have some sort of hardware failure?

Please let me know your thoughts

Regards

JJJ
    11-05-13 07:31 AM
    Hi guys

For the past few months, i have been unable to auto rotate. Obviously watching videos is not so great anymore but I always thought that maybe it was a software problem and my next upgrade would rectify it.

However, having moved to 10.2, the problem still exists. So i downloaded a few sensor tester apps from BBW, and lo an behold, the only sensor results showing are PROXIMITY and LIGHT. Shouldnt the accelerometer and gyroscope, compass all show? Does this possibly mean that I have some sort of hardware failure?

Please let me know your thoughts

Regards

JJJ
    Sounds like a hardware problem. Try calling BlackBerry and see if they'll repair / replace it

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:37 AM
    My proximity sensor and light sensor have also stopped working on my Z10. Total pain in the ****.

I thought it was maybe since I updated but a downgrade also shows the same problem. The phone has taken no damage.

I'm still within my years warranty so I'll phone my supplier. However this is the second z10 of mine to go tits up, plus phones4u had the cheek to try and blame me for the last problem the scumbag con artists they are.

Tomorrow's call should be interesting. I might ask them to replace it with a q10 as my confidence in the z10 is lost.

I wonder what they'd say? Any ideas?
    11-06-13 05:33 PM
    This just started happening to me yesterday... I restart the phone everything works for 10 min and then all sensors bugger up again. including the 1 for the smart cases any one find out any more info about this? Was blackberry able to confirm its a hardware issue? I will try to call them in a few hours when there tech support opens.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 03:58 AM
    Hi, my Z10 just started today with all that sensor problems. The software says that no sensor is supported. The phone is 7 days in use!
    12-03-13 01:49 PM
    Sorry I did the update, now got sensor problems

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:55 PM
    It seems a general problem.

BBM rocks, WhatsApp sucks!
    12-03-13 02:00 PM