Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By omega supreme
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Big Mistake Upgrading

I previously owned an 8520 & was waiting for the Z10 to arrive in the UK I upgraded and was happy to get my new Z10 I am with 02 and was with them when I had my old Blackberry I set my Z10 up and started to play about getting to know the layout ect ... Once I got the hang of this I was BBM my friends to inform them of how I was enjoying using my new phone But this was quickly killed when I logged into my 02 account and found out I have been charged for using BBM and its features After an extensive row with 02 telling Im baffled on the fact that I never got huge bills for using BBM on my 8520. 02 replied well I should of ... Im gutted as I have friends and family on BBM and looks like I will be texting them from now on as I have unlimited texts
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD6BA20

What kind of tariff are you on?
    CrackBerry Addict

Your title suggest that you were disappointed with the z10 when in fact you are disappointed with your carrier that they realized THEIR mistake for not charging you before...couldn't you just switch carriers? Anyhow, good luck.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why would you like to add 26 years old guy?

I am on O2 and had BB services activated for 9900. Have you ever paid for BB services in past? If you have Internet allowance includes in your monthly tariff than they cannot charge you for BBM separately.
    Nokia 3310> Nokia 8210> Nokia 1110> Nokia 7610> Nokia N95> iPhone 3G> Nokia N900> Blackberry 9700> Blackberry 9900 White> Blackberry Z10

I believed in Blackberry Z10 and now a proud owner of it

For all those people who try to talk about how good their phone or OS is, listen, if they were so 'amazing' then I would have left BB long ago and CB would be dead by now. Point is not that I believe I made the best choice among all available phones but I made a choice which serves me best!!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,522 Global Posts

There's no BIS on BB10. I was told in carphone warehouse though that BBM wouldn't be included in my gb cap (as in I would neither be charged for it, nor suffer a decrease in mb left). This is on an Orange tariff.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think the problem is that BBM was integrated with your BIS subscription. That no longer holds with the Z10. Any time you use BBM it will count to your total data allowance. Have you tried using BBM over wifi?
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,408 Global Posts

How can we help you? 1 post. Signed up after you aren't a blackberry user anymore.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Addict

pretty misunderstanding your title, your carrier bills you for BBM messaging ? why don't you get an internet full plan then ?
    CrackBerry Genius

yh with the lack of BIS, using wifi wherever you can get it is essential in my opinion.. especially if you are on a lower data limit.. on my 9900, i had 500 mb of data and used about 10 per month, even with really high internet usage...the new z10 eats data normally now and i have to use wifi as much as i can... i didnt know data could be used so quickly!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,522 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amjass12 View Post
    yh with the lack of BIS, using wifi wherever you can get it is essential in my opinion.. especially if you are on a lower data limit.. on my 9900, i had 500 mb of data and used about 10 per month, even with really high internet usage...the new z10 eats data normally now and i have to use wifi as much as i can... i didnt know data could be used so quickly!
    It depends on usage patterns, of course. But i've only used 5mb so far since Saturday. But I try to only use the internet when I'm at home on wifi. I rarely do anything that requires data use out and about. It's not exactly a solution, I know, but you could try a similar approach if you have cap overruns and charges frequently as aresult of using the z10. What kinds of stuff do you do on it that uses data when away from wifi?