I am having withdrawal from not having shazam. So many good tunes have come and gone.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:00 AM
    That's my thinking too. And it's smart as it will be something 'new' to talk about during the u.s. Launch. Here's hoping.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 10:05 AM
    Actually you are quite incorrect. You buy the apps from the developer. BlackBerry just distributes for them and collects payment, takes their cut and forwards payment to the developer.

It cannot be stated more clearly, BBRY *cannot* force devleopers to create or port their apps. BBRY cannot create them, they have enough on their hands creating the OS, creating great development tools, promote. market, hold jam sessions WORLDWIDE, build and hand out free dev devices, set up developer conferences, make their own devs available to assist 3rd party devs and pro-actively court devs to jump on board.

For those asking for specific release dates, you are expecting too much. Some of the things devs of existing apps face when porting or code their apps for a different platform which will greatly affect a possible release date.

1. Is it viable for them financially.
    2. Do they have the manpower resources or is everyone tied up on other higher priority. ( i work in IT and am intimitely familiar with this one)
    3. Do we have to hire additional devs and deal with the delays and cost of bringing them up to speed. ( see 1 above)
    4. Are we currently using platform widely available code libraries or will we have to re-code all functions using those libraries. ( see 1 + 3 above)
    5. Do we have beta testers available to put the app through its pace on that platform.
    6. What will it cost to train support personnel for the new platform. (see 1 above)
    7. Is the sdk complete enough or are there bugs, missing functionality that we will have to code around.

These are not a few of the issues facing app development for a new platform. It is not like taking a device and putting it in a new box and away you go. I work with and know a few developers and not one of them will commit to a specific date *publicly*. Yes there are timelines used internally. That is just proper project management, but rarely are original time lines met. S**t happens.

For those suggesting that PB apps should just work on BB 10, it us the same OS after all. Not quite as simple as that. Yes is the same OS but not the same core version. I believe the PB is using QNX 3.x and BB10 is using QNX 8.x. Try A few Windows 95 apps on Windows 7 or 8 and see what issues you can run into. I have tried a few of my PB apps on my Z10. For some of them the result wasn't pretty. For those that do run they can't take advantage of the newer user I/F functions such as Cascades, etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 09:05 PM
    They are coming. Look, most of the big app partners are based in the USA. To them the US launch is the start date. So they're not late right now... they're still early.
    except that Amazon Kindle, Skype etc. is used equally often in Europe and we already have the Z10 over here. Right now, it's kind of pointless to own a Z10 here, considering that there are literally no mainstream apps in the store.
    02-20-13 10:21 PM
    BlackBerry has stated that it is aiming to have the top Regional apps when it launches in each region.
    If they've done so, they've not kept their word. There isn't a single app in the Blackberry World that's Switzerland specific. Not even the railway timetable is available, which was on WP8 3 months before you could even buy the first non-dev devices.
    02-20-13 10:24 PM
    If they've done so, they've not kept their word. There isn't a single app in the Blackberry World that's Switzerland specific. Not even the railway timetable is available, which was on WP8 3 months before you could even buy the first non-dev devices.
    Nothing against Switzerland, but if a company has a choice to focus resources on a market like India (1300 Million people), Indonesia (237 Million people) or Switzerland (8 Million people), I wouldn't be tremendously surprised if they don't give your country equal weight in their marketing resource allocation. Especially considering the fact that Blackberry marketshare in ie the Indonesian market is possibly over 50% right now, whereas Blackberry marketshare in Switzerland today is closer to one third of one percent. link
    02-20-13 11:12 PM
    What has blackberry done differently this time for BB10 compared to the Playbook to attract more developers?

02-21-13 04:34 AM
    From Twitter:

Alec Saunders confirms that the Big Apps are coming soon. He say: "they're coming. no worries. some partners are just taking a little longer."
    04-24-13 11:44 PM
    I would like to say I have had my Z10 for a week now and it's ok but really taking the down the dumps with out the heavy hitter apps that android or apple carry. Is there any time frame or any news that developers can shine some light for us BlackBerry Z10 Users
    04-24-13 11:47 PM
209 ... 789