Keep in mind that apps development is only possible after the underlying platform is in a stable state.

The blackberry API is "Completed" not so long ago and they are still adding features and fixing bugs.

I am pretty sure some of the app developers is just starting due to blocking API features.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 07:52 PM
    Keep in mind that the majority of Netflix customers reside in a country that currently doesn't have access to the Z10 or BB10.

SnoozerBold likes this.
    02-16-13 07:58 PM
    That's right. Kind of like Americans all think World War II didn't start until 1942
    Right. When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Everyone knows that.
    02-16-13 08:04 PM
    Right. When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Everyone knows that.
    Good one!
    02-16-13 08:26 PM
    i think most devs. were waiting to see how the launch of z10 went. and how it has sold...now that they know that he has been selling steadily they will start with the apps. i wouldn't have wanted to develop apps for an os that might not have gone any where. but as we see now the z10 is selling very well soooo...

if you buy it.. they will come...
    02-16-13 09:31 PM
    i think most devs. were waiting to see how the launch of z10 went. and how it has sold...now that they know that he has been selling steadily they will start with the apps. i wouldn't have wanted to develop apps for an os that might not have gone any where. but as we see now the z10 is selling very well soooo...

if you buy it.. they will come...
    So they "committed" before knowing how well it would sell?
    02-16-13 10:02 PM
    man some of you don't even have the phone and u complain there are no apps!! like relax.. i think this point has been STRESSED MORE then enough!! if u don;t like it.. get off it and move to a more established OS with a better App selection....

stop you ******** and whinning cause u'll be waiting way longer then a few weeks if ur want ALL your apps here and available...

BB10 has been available to devs maybe like 6 months? the OS was started 2 years ago!!?!?! like give people a break!!! u think devs have nothing better to do then develop for one platform? i wouldn't be surprised if most of these devs did other full time jobs or did multiple apps at a time..

one word!! SPOILED.... all you people that just complain complain complain! yes it's hard to wait for apps, yes u wanna do more with your brand new phone.. but if ur gonna support a company and go through their Growing Pains.. then u have to expect this to happen! with apps, bugs, etc.
    alan510 and udojahn like this.
    02-16-13 10:08 PM
    From Twitter:

Alec Saunders confirms that the Big Apps are coming soon. He say: "they're coming. no worries. some partners are just taking a little longer."
    well, to be clear, he didn't say anything about apps. He was replying to a now-deleted tweet from a new twitter account. And his comments were in between others about travelling - so perhaps the partners were travelling companions...
    02-16-13 10:08 PM
    So they "committed" before knowing how well it would sell?
    Apps like Whatsapp and Skype were only Committed cause they probably hopped on board just before launch!

u know how long it took apps to come to WP? u would killed yourself!
    02-16-13 10:10 PM
    From Twitter:

Alec Saunders confirms that the Big Apps are coming soon. He say: "they're coming. no worries. some partners are just taking a little longer."
    So he hasn't been hiding under a rock like we suspected following the BlackBerry 10 Reveal Event. But "coming soon" always sends shivers down my spine.
    02-16-13 10:19 PM
    Lol..."Coming Soon!"
    What are you going to troll about when they do become available? That they're too late?

He'll find something to troll about. If it has "berry" in the name, he'll search high and low for a "fault". He took "t" out the middle of his name to not make it so obvious
    02-16-13 10:22 PM
    Actually this app (blackberry travel) is very conspicuous by its absence. I know it is made by worldmate but blackberry made such a song and dance about the blackberry killer app in os 7 which this was one of.
    If I am not mistaken BlackBerry was responsible for BlackBerry Travel. They licensed the rights from Worldmate. Anyway, the absence of BlackBerry Travel at launch among a few other notable BlackBerry applications installs no confidence. Get off there G-D posteriors and get to work. If this is the outcome after cancelled vacations over the previous summer and autumn, BlackBerry users are doomed.
    02-16-13 10:24 PM
    Exactly. I'm in for USA and I'm complaining. Seriously though there is a huge lack of quality apps. I'm not a huge app user but it would be nice to have a few of the ones that I use. Some banking apps, fitness apps. Maybe a few less apps for train and subway routes.
    Agreed. The situation is equally bleak for the BlackBerry PlayBook after almost two full years. Where are the hand-written note-taking applications like those created for Apple iPhone and Google Android? Why doesn't BlackBerry partner with the software developers and create native versions for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Z10?
    02-16-13 10:29 PM
    "Wah wah wahhhh... I'm tired of waiting for apps... wahhhh."

Seriously. Shut up. It's been TWO WEEKS since the launch!

Bunch of overgrown whiney children.

A steady stream of apps should have been flowing into BlackBerry World during these two weeks. Stop being a Team BlackBerry apologist.
    Novaone likes this.
    02-16-13 10:31 PM
    Anybody have a time machine to look into the Future?
    I do but it does not run on BlackBerry OS 10.
    jfguay2, araskin and Chris Marsch like this.
    02-16-13 10:41 PM
    well, to be clear, he didn't say anything about apps. He was replying to a now-deleted tweet from a new twitter account. And his comments were in between others about travelling - so perhaps the partners were travelling companions...
    Are you saying Alec's travelling companions were hookers? ROFLMAO
    02-16-13 10:46 PM
    The situation is equally bleak for the BlackBerry PlayBook after almost two full years. Where are the hand-written note-taking applications like those created for Apple iPhone and Google Android? Why doesn't BlackBerry partner with the software developers and create native versions for BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Z10?

A rising tide lifts all boats.

It is my personal opinion that BB10 will result in a resurgence of developer interest in Playbook.

Unfortunately, the Playbook was like Windows Vista - came before the market was ready for it, had substantial flaws at launch. By the time a lot of the initial problems were fixed, the world had moved on, and RIM probably isn't very excited about selling something for $200 that was designed to sell for $400-$500 either.

Already that device is being supported significantly longer than most tablets I know of. Like my own Android tablet. Younger than the Playbook and no more OS updates past what it got last year.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-16-13 11:58 PM
    I've contacted my bank in Canada (RBC) and asked why the app hasn't been developed yet, they told me with the recent approval of the rules for NFC money transfers, it now is allowing them to build apps that support NFC transfers, this caused the delay and to me that makes sense. They can take their time when developing a secure app for my money.
    They didn't give ETA on the release l.
    02-17-13 12:07 AM
    I miss BlackBerry Traffic.

00stryder likes this.
    02-17-13 12:14 AM
    I miss BlackBerry Traffic.
    A lot of that functionality (not all) is built in to the Blackberry Maps app for BB10, I understand.
    02-17-13 12:17 AM
    I've contacted my bank in Canada (RBC) and asked why the app hasn't been developed yet, they told me with the recent approval of the rules for NFC money transfers, it now is allowing them to build apps that support NFC transfers, this caused the delay and to me that makes sense. They can take their time when developing a secure app for my money.
    They didn't give ETA on the release l.
    I hope so because I'm Also with RBC

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 12:46 AM
    . Stop being a Team BlackBerry apologist.
    Please stop being a Team BlackBerry antagonist. I understand your feelings, they just don't mesh with everybody elses.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-17-13 12:52 AM
    He say: ....
    Me gusta that part.

Damn this thread started today and it's happening. This is the spot
    QERNB and lawguyman like this.
    02-17-13 01:54 AM
    [QUOTE=Omnitech;7997363]A lot of that functionality (not all) is built in to the Blackberry Maps app for BB10, I understand.[/QUOTE

Yes that may be so, but not as intuitive, and effective as using the late app itself. For instance, can't have a selection of two routes, each showing time with traffic and all,, that was great, used to love the feature. This app also relied on other users data as to what speed they're travelling and all, and this is what made the app so useful, (unless no one traveled on the road you take)

I do not believe the maps app on bb10 does that...
    PG923 likes this.
    02-17-13 07:08 AM
    One of the True Believers posted that "hundreds" of apps were being added to BlackBerry World daily.
    Another posted how Alec wasn't responsible for the major developers, only the Indie ones.
    So many excuses and the clock keeps ticking towards the real launch date.

And I have a Zed 10, so I know what is missing (and not working) for me.
    02-17-13 07:16 AM
209 ... 23456 ...