Lol..."Coming Soon!"
    Their favorite thing to say.
    02-16-13 09:46 AM
    Alex, define by "big apps" please.
    They are around 1GB or more
    02-16-13 09:50 AM
    I'm sad that the old style task manager is gone and memo pad. remember seems incomplete to me and awkward to use. Also won't sync with the calendar app. The little things in the basics are what I need updated.
    02-16-13 09:54 AM
    I used Endomondo Pro 4-6 times a week on my OS7 Torch. I miss this app more than all the others.
    same here was a great piece ofkit on OS6 to. i am using "sports tracker" now its good but not quite as good as endomondo,the distances are a little out
    02-16-13 09:56 AM
    Ditto, not only arr big apps missing, basic features from bb7 are absent. It seems like either bbry is not concerned with apps. Or maybe developers are waiting for bb10 to suceed. But unless there are apps bb10 will not suceed. Its a catch 22
    trevorgauntlett likes this.
    02-16-13 09:58 AM
    Billsterjito, very true! And even after an OS update it isn't fixed. I need due time, not just due date in Remember dammit! Just 3 mins ago, I started my search for Task apps in BlackBerry world. And 99% of them are Android ports.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    stevepar likes this.
    02-16-13 09:59 AM
    Lol..."Coming Soon!"
    What are you going to troll about when they do become available? That they're too late?
    02-16-13 10:00 AM
    For those missing Blackberry Travel app as much as I, the work around for now is to log in via web browser, agree the app is sweet. Keep a "Glass half full outlook"

02-16-13 10:01 AM
    I don't want to get in an argument with folks here. But I notice that many of those complaining loudly about a lack of apps seem to have US carriers which haven't begun selling the new devices yet. I am curious to know if you base your comments on the BlackBerry World on line catalogs or through personal experience with the Z10. My experience with the Z10 is the following: there has been so much to explore and learn with the Z10 that I have not had a lot of time to try out all the apps in BlackBerry World. Sure some are missing, but there is so much to do with the device that I can be patient waiting for them to show up. Now if I was upset about not being able to get a new phone because they are not available yet, then that would be a different story. Perhaps then I would be more likely to slam BlackBerry for everything due to my anger at having to wait.
    02-16-13 10:18 AM
    I can't even find a Canadian version of yellow pages or a drive safe. Ly or something comparable to read texts from blue tooth. It is pretty bad when even the old faithfuls are not supported on the z10
    02-16-13 10:25 AM
    I want them to get stuff in gear as well - but hey - the companies need to develop these apps. And, no matter what we think - it actually takes time to create good ones.

I am wondering why BB did not get some of their key apps like Travel, or their News Reader in gear. I am really missing the News Reader - it was my favorite reading app. No muss no fuss access to info. It will also slowly make it here. I just want to show up all the iclone users.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-16-13 10:48 AM
    They've got to have a roll out test and than check performances rolling out on US launch would be stupid without tests on actual active Z10's worldwide.They shoulg come out soon enough before launch.
    02-16-13 10:50 AM
    I used Endomondo Pro 4-6 times a week on my OS7 Torch. I miss this app more than all the others.
    Have you tried Sports Tracker? Very similar and works well. I has Endomondo before on my 9900.
    02-16-13 10:54 AM
    I would rather devs take their time and release proper native apps then android ports.

02-16-13 11:14 AM
    well... well.... have a simple solution for all who feel "app deprived".... Why not just see what apps that " you have to have".... is available...if not hold off your purchase..... wait till they are released.... then everyone is happy.... I for one do not purchase anyting with an eye to what is "comitted to relsease".... this is why I have no issue being an original Playbook purhaser.... Had no expectation on what was to be developed.... I purchase it because it fit my needs at the time.... As for developers.... if your targeting users at launch I would wait for the US as the potential sales are way greater that the peveioud "limited launch world wide" .... US is still initially the largest market for making money from apps....
    KemKev, Toodeurep and elmit22 like this.
    02-16-13 11:21 AM
    It does seem like the major partners will have their apps ready for when the BlackBerry z10 is released in the US. Just a shame for us who already own a z10! The waiting continues...

A shame? Not really. I have spent the time getting used to the phone (coming from a 9810) and while it would be nice to have some of the "big apps", in context this is as good as it gets right now. I think people sometimes forget that BB is at the "mercy" of developers, and though they (BB) seemed to have done a good job reaching out to them, they have not necessarily been beating down the doors to develop apps for the new OS.
    02-16-13 11:23 AM
    no one will be complaining to much.
    That's an ambitious goal. There will be tons of complaints. The forum is filled with chicken-little complainers. "OMG - BlackBerry - you suck! I can't believe the upper left corner is 45 degrees instead of 48 degrees! Screw you! I'm going to Android!!!!! And OMG - I can't believe you didn't keep everything exactly the same as BlackBerry 7 and also fix all things that were wrong with BlackBerry 7! Screw you!!!". "Why is this app a brutally expensive .99 cents?!!! It should be free! Or they should pay me to download it!!!"

(note: this isn't to suggest there aren't legit complaints and posters who jump on those with legit complaints. But also plenty who make mountains out of the littlest thing").
    02-16-13 11:27 AM
    I can't even find a Canadian version of yellow pages or a drive safe. Ly or something comparable to read texts from blue tooth. It is pretty bad when even the old faithfuls are not supported on the z10
    Write the developers of these apps and encourage them to make them available for the new OS.
    02-16-13 11:30 AM
    Wow haven't I heard this same type of stuff with my PlayBook for almost two full years? This launch has not been well executed IMHO.
    JeepBB and Coachbulldog like this.
    02-16-13 11:34 AM
    second that motion!!!

"Wah wah wahhhh... I'm tired of waiting for apps... wahhhh."

Seriously. Shut up. It's been TWO WEEKS since the launch!

Bunch of overgrown whiney children.

JAGWIRE, elmit22 and udojahn like this.
    02-16-13 11:35 AM
    Aside from the BlackBerry created apps rim doesn't have much control over when a developer releases an app I wouldn't think. They can try to bribe them and coax them into releasing them early but what else can they really do? Don't get me wrong I'd love more popular apps here now but is rim isn't developing them what else can they do to get developers to release them when people want them?
    I'm actually asking. What else can they do?
    Maybe if more people complained to the developers and about them in these forums they would be more inclined to hurry up?

I hate these when companies say "Soon to come"/"coming soon"
    from around the forums it looks like the census is that the starting batch of us that got the Z10 and OS 10 right away are the guinea pigs. We are to test and whine and complain about the OS so that when they release their first OS update it will be ready to go in the US market with the apps there too.

The US market is the one market that i feel BBRY should be worried about right now. the rest of the marketplace loves BB and will stay with it for the environment and what it can do for us as Hyper Connected people or True Multi-Taskers is perfect. yes it is mising things that us solid BB users miss/want but coming from an iPhone its great its similar to what they are used to but still has that BB flare. we don't want to scare the sheep or they will just flock back together.
    02-16-13 11:43 AM
    For me it's to late. I am so integrated with Apple products that it does not make sense to go back to BlackBerry. I had it for 2 weeks and the chemistry is not there anymore. iMore I'm coming home

02-16-13 11:46 AM
    Me too. And even thought they mentioned they were excited for BB10 they have no timeline now for an app.
    02-16-13 11:51 AM
209 1234 ...