Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 102
Like Tree107Likes
  1. Sile07's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BGR (Jonathan Geller) Again on BB not making it

    Not sure if this is already on here (apologies if it is)

    Saw this earlier today on CNBC, really must know if these guys are on crack or something. JG also stating that BB can't/wont make cos Microsoft (with all the money pumped into WP8 marketing) didn't succeed, he can't see BB succeeding with BB10. Really??????????? He must know something we all don't

    BlackBerry vs. Everyone Else - CNBC

    PS

    Kudos to the other guy for giving the Z10 keyboards props and confirming its the best out there
  2. diruocco's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    138 Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask
    #2  

    Default

    What an *****. He's talking about there is no money to be made in the Blackberry ecosystem... I guess he doesn't know that developers make the most money in Blackberry World compared to any other ecosystem. Oh well, some people will just always be stupid. What a shame!
    Thanked by 3:
    abdalla889 (03-29-2013),  george_helgerson (03-28-2013),  vimmadi13 (03-30-2013) 
  3. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,187 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    pained him to agree and say something nice.

    Bothers me when people say there is nothing this OS has that would interest other people

    -Keyboard
    -Hub
    -Flow and peek Gestures
    -BBM

    To Name a few. Geller is a bias twit, it bugs me people hang on his word.
    Thanked by:
    abdalla889 (03-29-2013) 
    bigbmc26 likes this.
  4. EricKane's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    There's a general bias against BlackBerry 10, specifically the Z10, that stems from lack of knowledge of the platform and comparisons to other platforms without giving credence to some of the most important strengths BB10 has to offer. A review by unqualified bloggers who simply state "There's not enough apps. Processor/screen tech is a year behind. Camera sucks." misses the core of what BlackBerry is trying to do. It doesn't take into account that it's a new OS. It doesn't take into account that the hardware is more than suitable for an OS that doesn't require more. It doesn't take into account that it's strengths lie in communications (what a phone is actually for) by having the best virtual keyboard available, great voice quality, and fantastic reception/data speeds compared to other top tier phones.

    The mindset of this phone not being in the same league as the iPhone or Galaxy S3-4 is what makes these bloggers write these things. Their ignorance, however, keeps them from seeing that BlackBerry isn't trying to outdo either of them at their own game; they're trying to be the best at their own game. Coming from a guy who has used both the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3 heavily, I'd say they've succeeded.
    Thanked by 14:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    abdalla889 (03-29-2013),  bbfanatic11 (03-30-2013),  bigbmc26 (03-29-2013),  Cesare21 (03-29-2013),  Christo Mitov (03-28-2013),  GreenCopperz (03-30-2013),  havok2525 (03-30-2013),  Jake Storm (03-30-2013),  Lehomer (03-28-2013),  mathking606 (03-28-2013),  mrzeolite (03-28-2013),  NoiPooP4ME (03-28-2013),  rajafou (03-28-2013),  RAUB (03-30-2013) 
  5. R_from_Toronto's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibpluto View Post
    pained him to agree and say something nice.

    Bothers me when people say there is nothing this OS has that would interest other people

    -Keyboard
    -Hub
    -Flow and peek Gestures
    -BBM

    To Name a few. Geller is a bias twit, it bugs me people hang on his word.
    Agree with what you said. But I don't think BBM interests people. BBM is only a selling point if you know other people with BBM.

    Think it's funny how Geller is trying to appear professional but he uses terms like "killing it"...Good job Geller.
  6. Mister Xiado's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,287 Posts
    PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.
    #6  

    Default

    It's good to know that talking out of one's rectum is a viable media career path, even if everything that comes out is still feces.
    This post represents the offices of Me, Myself, and I. Representation of other individuals and entities is not implied, despite inferences.
    Thanked by:
    modifier (03-29-2013) 
  7. ray689's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,371 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    On the bright side, anyone with half a brain doesn't believe a word coming from these jokers.

    Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z30
    Thanked by:
    rajafou (03-28-2013) 
    Jake2826 and Markymark 23 like this.
  8. eninrebmun's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    424 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sile07 View Post
    He must know something we all don't
    He always knows something we don't; he's a boy genius. We're all simpletons using the "struggling smartphone" BlackBerry.
    GreenCopperz and CDM76 like this.
  9. ErinnM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,605 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    I'd be jealous and hatin' too I didn't have a Z10.
    New York Yankees lovee.
    @eringaith
    instagram.com/erinmmg
    Thanked by 3:
    GreenCopperz (03-30-2013),  Jango Mango (03-29-2013),  R Field (03-28-2013) 
  10. dj_matty_s's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    805 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    As much as I hate JG, the article really isn't that bad. What defines Blackberry as "making it"? They lost 3 million customers last quarter, they have marginal market share in the US, and although the z10 is "competitive", its certainly not clear sailing and LOTS of work is needed to make Blackberry a key player in the smartphone game again. Not trying to bash Blackberry, and I love my z10, but even I would have a hard time arguing that they've "made it".
  11. Gnomesane's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,621 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Actually, if you watch the whole segment... about halfway through one of the anchors (who's playing with the phone while they talk) interjects and mentions the keyboard to which Jonathan Geller replies "...best virtual keyboard I've ever used...". I don't know his history as a reviewer, and overall he's skeptical and giving his 'skew'. He at least explains his reasoning even if I don't agree with him.

    EDIT: Saw you referenced that in your PS. On a side note, the blonde anchor seems a bit clueless.
    richardat likes this.
  12. UMLD's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    595 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_matty_s View Post
    As much as I hate JG, the article really isn't that bad. What defines Blackberry as "making it"? They lost 3 million customers last quarter, they have marginal market share in the US, and although the z10 is "competitive", its certainly not clear sailing and LOTS of work is needed to make Blackberry a key player in the smartphone game again. Not trying to bash Blackberry, and I love my z10, but even I would have a hard time arguing that they've "made it".
    Not sure where you're seeing anyone saying they've "made it". What I see is people believing they've showed their not dead. In fact far from it.


    Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm and Vorkosigan like this.
  13. anon5771888's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diruocco View Post
    What an *****. He's talking about there is no money to be made in the Blackberry ecosystem... I guess he doesn't know that developers make the most money in Blackberry World compared to any other ecosystem. Oh well, some people will just always be stupid. What a shame!
    Off subject here, but by looking at your picture, your are a "Red Wings Fan", I was just curious, I live in the Detroit area and Hockey is a way of life here and I bleed red and white and my favorite player was Number 19. Have a great day.
    diruocco likes this.
  14. jay64's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Been a Yankee fan since omg way too long but i think it is gonna be a very long summer in the bronx and in the end Cashman will leave a mess for someone else to clean up. As to Z10 - still waiting to see if vzn will let me buy it on senior 65 plus plan . So far, they don't allow any.....BB's on that plan, even though it has the same data options as any other smartphone - go figure..
  15. QuIcKsIlV3r's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,940 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomesane View Post
    Actually, if you watch the whole segment... about halfway through one of the anchors (who's playing with the phone while they talk) interjects and mentions the keyboard to which Jonathan Geller replies "...best virtual keyboard I've ever used...". I don't know his history as a reviewer, and overall he's skeptical and giving his 'skew'. He at least explains his reasoning even if I don't agree with him.

    EDIT: Saw you referenced that in your PS. On a side note, the blonde anchor seems a bit clueless.
    Geller at one point was a huge bbadvocate, and he did an awesome write up on the bold 9000, but then it stopped, and the Iphone craze took over for him and when he does his reviews, no matter what phone or OEM it is, if it's not apple, he has a very hard time liking it.

    Here is his piece on the Bold 9000. BlackBerry Bold review: we’ve been rockin’ it for a month | BGR

    he became a true iphone addict. BGR should be known as Samsung and Iphone only articles.
    Living the world of Blackberry and a fan of the comeback!
  16. Gnomesane's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,621 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ErinnM View Post
    I'd be jealous and hatin' too I didn't have a Z10.
    The only interesting thing I noted about Geller was his body language after the other guy (anchor?) on the panel interjects about the keyboard. First, he immediately says "best keyboard i've ever used" (wonder if he would have volunteered that otherwise)? Also the lean back in the chair (putting physical distance between himself and the person speaking) and the smile at the comment...

    I know people will think that's possibly a crazy observation but people who know a bit about body language might agree. Just an observation.
    Thanked by:
    CJH315 (03-29-2013) 
  17. Gnomesane's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,621 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuIcKsIlV3r View Post
    Geller at one point was a huge bbadvocate, and he did an awesome write up on the bold 9000, but then it stopped, and the Iphone craze took over for him and when he does his reviews, no matter what phone or OEM it is, if it's not apple, he has a very hard time liking it.

    Here is his piece on the Bold 9000. BlackBerry Bold review: we’ve been rockin’ it for a month | BGR

    he became a true iphone addict. BGR should be known as Samsung and Iphone only articles.
    Thanks for that! Ah, so he went from a Blackberry fan to an iPhone fan and now is generally negative on Blackberry (for whatever reason)... That makes sense. Not a big BGR reader, and from the sounds of things I'm not going to become one anytime soon. =)
    MERCDROID likes this.
  18. QuIcKsIlV3r's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,940 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Bak View Post
    Off subject here, but by looking at your picture, your are a "Red Wings Fan", I was just curious, I live in the Detroit area and Hockey is a way of life here and I bleed red and white and my favorite player was Number 19. Have a great day.
    Hahahaha let's talk in October, and I'm a huge Leafs fan... And all I can say is welcome back to the Leafs division lmao. I have family in Windsor, and we always trash talk when the Leafs and Wings play. Can't wait to get my hands on Winter Classic tix... my gf's dad is a Leafs season ticket holder, and has said he will buy tickets for him and I to go.
    Living the world of Blackberry and a fan of the comeback!
  19. QuIcKsIlV3r's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,940 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomesane View Post
    Thanks for that! Ah, so he went from a Blackberry fan to an iPhone fan and now is generally negative on Blackberry (for whatever reason)... That makes sense. Not a big BGR reader, and from the sounds of things I'm not going to become one anytime soon. =)
    I hate to admit it, but I go onto BGR to read what trash they come with against BB... It's hilarious. I know ThunderBuck is one of our CB members that goes into comment and discredit what is being said. I go in occasionally too and try to set the record straight.
    Living the world of Blackberry and a fan of the comeback!
  20. anon5771888's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuIcKsIlV3r View Post
    Hahahaha let's talk in October, and I'm a huge Leafs fan... And all I can say is welcome back to the Leafs division lmao. I have family in Windsor, and we always trash talk when the Leafs and Wings play. Can't wait to get my hands on Winter Classic tix... my gf's dad is a Leafs season ticket holder, and has said he will buy tickets for him and I to go.
    I can't wait either and us true wings fans are glad to be back in the leafs division, two original six teams, it doesn't get any better then that. By the way, how many cups have the leafs won since 1967? We have had FOUR since 1996, just curious?
  21. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    69,751 Posts
    Global Posts
    69,906 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Seems the phone could cure cancer but since it doesn't have Skype, netflix, hulu and Instagram it would be a failure.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
  22. QuIcKsIlV3r's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,940 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Bak View Post
    I can't wait either and us true wings fans are glad to be back in the leafs division, two original six teams, it doesn't get any better then that. By the way, how many cups have the leafs won since 1967? We have had FOUR since 1996, just curious?
    We are waiting for our time to come... Toronto will (if they ever win the cup) have biggest cup celebration in the NHL history... My very first leaf game was back in 1989 and I remember Wendal Clark and Bob Probert getting into one of their biggest fights and both guys were so bloody after lol. Ah nothing like an original 6 match up on a Saturday night lol
    Living the world of Blackberry and a fan of the comeback!
    Vorkosigan and Creaulx like this.
  23. T_Touch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    565 Posts
    Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    guy has ALWAYS been a BlackBerry hater. And that's OK. He's allowed to have an opinion as we all are. But what I don't like is the almost contempt for the product to the point where the reviewer almost tries to convince people to move away. No, just give the facts but don't tell me how to think nor suggest what I want/need.

    I remember when the Torch was released and he was interviewed. His tone, of course, was belittling but when he was asked directly. "Is it a good phone?", he responded ... "If you're a BlackBerry fan" as if there was some sort of class of cell phone user and he immediately put himself on the upper echelon of that perceived hierarchy.. His opinion means nothing.
  24. BGK
    BGK is offline
    BGK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,483 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray689 View Post
    On the bright side, anyone with half a brain doesn't believe a word coming from these jokers.

    Posted via CB10
    True but unfortunately the media seems to love half brained idiots and puts every dumb assed comment out there
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
    bigbmc26 likes this.
  25. Gnomesane's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,621 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuIcKsIlV3r View Post
    I hate to admit it, but I go onto BGR to read what trash they come with against BB... It's hilarious. I know ThunderBuck is one of our CB members that goes into comment and discredit what is being said. I go in occasionally too and try to set the record straight.
    Well, it's good that people go there and call them on it if they're factually incorrect, or misleading. As long as they're calm and don't post in all caps and accuse them of everything dirty under the sun. It makes a difference I think.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to make emails read on BB not show as read in gmail inbox
    By bjelmer in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
  2. aol@myaddress problem on BB, not on Computer
    By jamcony in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 07:39 PM
  3. Getting Hotmail on BB not WORKING!?
    By stheoret in forum Rogers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
  4. Qs re Yahoo mail on BB (not web) -Pls help I'm clueless
    By slinky_whippet in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 12:05 AM
  5. Calendar items on BB not syncing to Outlook
    By petsnspace in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 06:12 AM

Posting Permissions