Before anyone continues, can I say I think its fake?

Why is there an All Apps Button?

Bezel should take care of that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Check what Kevin posted when he updated the post on the main page. Doesn't look like it's a fake.

11-15-11 12:19 AM
    Q3?!? I'm sorry RIM, but I can't wait that long. I'm tired of trying to defend my Torch, time to get a Galaxy S2 X.

11-15-11 12:30 AM
    OK, I can't believe I'm going to say this....don't hate me....

When I went to check out the brand new 9860 I felt that it didn't offer me anything over my year old Atrix. A haven't even looked at the Atrix 2 so I have a feeling that the already older Atrix 2 would feel like it offered me more than the brand new 9860.

I will choose BB as my daily driver well into the future. But as much as I hate to admit it, by the time the new BBX comes out it will be old in comparison. Not that I care one iota about that.....I will carry my 9930 and bypass the first QNX offering since I don't want a touchscreen as my daily driver. I will wait until a QNX with a Qwerty keyboard comes out.

Personally, I won't care that I will be carrying a phone that will be behind the competition. I love the BB platform because of what it offers me independent of what other platforms do, I simply like it best. But there are a lot of people who are obsessed on having the latest and greatest specs and they will pass on BB. It's just simply what I see happening, and to pretend otherwise would be naive.

Unless there is a massive shakeup at RIM, I don't see them leapfrogging anything. Those promises are old.

My favourite platform is hobbled by an inability to implement a relevant vision in a timely manner. That's too bad. That said, I'll still buy BBerries. I like and trust them best.
    purijagmohan and lnichols like this.
    11-15-11 03:01 AM
    Timing is everything. If this phone was on the market now or even soon, it would be successful. By the time it is released, there will be quad core phones and, once again time will have passed Rim by.

Why is it that with RIM we ALWAYS get the promise of something cool in the future. Why do we never get the thing now?

We had to wait five months for Playbook and it was released unfinished. We will have to wait at least seven months for this and who know what state it will be released in? Iam done getting excited by this kind of vaporware from RIM. SHOW ME THE MONEY RIM!
    11-15-11 06:31 AM
    Hmmm... no keyboard, not out for a year, and looks like a hideous B&O remote control from the 1980's... I'm under-whelmed.

Looks like the 9900 will be my last BB then - which is a shame.
    11-15-11 06:42 AM
    Q3 will be in direct competition of iphone 5 and new ice cream sandwich phones. I don't see them gaining any ground back in the consumer market with this release schedule.
    11-15-11 06:53 AM
    Interesting part in the article on the star.com today.

Omega said RIM’s new BBX operating system and a family of phones using the OS that could include the rumoured BlackBerry London and BlackBerry Colt “are going to surprise people.”

RIM shares briefly outperform Apple - thestar.com

So do both exists? To be honest, I do not believe the BGR report. Geller even says "launch details are anything but firm right now"
    11-15-11 07:12 AM
    Fine. Iits real. But why is there an All Apps Button? I hate that button.
    11-15-11 07:21 AM
    Guess it's time to look elsewhere. Will not get an iphone even if my carrier had them which they don't. Not crazy about android or win7. Will have to be one I can turn wifi hotspot on and use for my playbook with no extra charge to do so.

Since I don't care about email etc. on my playbook but really want bug fixes and functionality I'll just have to hope at least RIM can still at least give us the 2.0 update in Feb or March or April.........
    11-15-11 07:32 AM
    Interesting part in the article on the star.com today.

Omega said RIM�s new BBX operating system and a family of phones using the OS that could include the rumoured BlackBerry London and BlackBerry Colt �are going to surprise people.�

RIM shares briefly outperform Apple - thestar.com

So do both exists? To be honest, I do not believe the BGR report. Geller even says "launch details are anything but firm right now"
    "launch details are anything but firm right now" not because it may come out sooner. They banking on this being delayed further.
    11-15-11 08:02 AM
    Wait a one second, BGR states in the article

"RIM still has not been able to get BES or BBM working on BBX devices"

But the article below states the reason BBM is not working is because of users with multiple PINS as the reason no BBM yet. I understand the BES problems, but that is a far cry from RIM not being able to put BBM on the new platform. There is absolutely no reason this phone could not be released as BIS only consumer phone with BBM.

PlayBook OS 2.0 in mid-February, BBM support still a struggle for RIM
    11-15-11 08:07 AM
    "launch details are anything but firm right now" not because it may come out sooner. They banking on this being delayed further.
    I would think that launch date is part of the launch details.
    11-15-11 08:25 AM
    Any chance we have some confusion between fiscal and calendar quarters here? RIM's fiscal year is ahead of the calendar year.

11-15-11 08:30 AM
    Oh RIM..

I don't care when it comes out, I don't upgrade until October of next year. They have plenty of time to tinker with the new platform before I even think about getting a new phone. I'm a fan of the new design and if it comes out Q3 looking like the grandpa to IOs and Android phones, I'd still buy it because it's RIM.

11-15-11 08:33 AM
    Mostly stuff that the people that RIM needs the most to survive -- Joe schmo consumers -- may not care about.
    Joe Schmo consumers want Angry Birds and apps. They don't care about specs. Fact is, BB doesn't have the apps the average consumer wants.
    11-15-11 08:52 AM
    Any chance we have some confusion between fiscal and calendar quarters here? RIM's fiscal year is ahead of the calendar year.

That would mean that it is getting released prior to November 26, 2011. Although there was a BGR rumor about them rushing it for 2011, it doesn't make sense given the Playbook OS 2.0 delay.

What I don't understand is that how can they be beta testing OS 2.0, which has BES/BIS, PIM and all the rest but not have the phone version done before Q3 2012. I still think something is up with the release date. I know they were saying something about carrier verification taking up to six months, but come on guys...They have to be able to get some of the carriers (at least in the US/Europe) to rush verification for a single device (especially if the only thing changing from the Colt is exterior design.

I do believe Q3 is a push because if game developers have seen it, investors know about it, and external leaks are occurring (and have been for months) it seems like we are getting closer to a launch date. March/April seem more realistic unless they just decide to up and change the design again.
    Last edited by DBX00; 11-15-11 at 08:58 AM.
    11-15-11 08:52 AM

I entertained that thought for 0.00000232158 second. Then I thought, when was the last RIM ever released something on time let alone ahead of schedule.
    jamdown2 likes this.
    11-15-11 09:05 AM

I seriously hope we don't start hearing THESE debates again as fanboy's try to cover for RIM's slowness. "Lazaridis said end of summer..technically end of summer isn't til THIS date".."No..maybe RIM means fiscal instead of calendar!".."End of fall isn't til THIS date!". It's so played out at this point..
    Shlooky likes this.
    11-15-11 09:20 AM
    I seriously hope we don't start hearing THESE debates again as fanboy's try to cover for RIM's slowness. "Lazaridis said end of summer..technically end of summer isn't til THIS date".."No..maybe RIM means fiscal instead of calendar!".."End of fall isn't til THIS date!". It's so played out at this point..
    No fail formula: Take whatever date RIM says the phone will be released and add 8 months to a year to it. That's the projected release date.
    aeldes1 likes this.
    11-15-11 09:49 AM
    From BGR article: "it’s looking like the London is slated to launch some time in the third quarter next year, possibly late in the quarter."
    I think we first need to remember that this is NOT RIM saying this. This is a BGR source, and being likely third hand information there was probably confusion between fiscal and calendar. I'm not being a blind fanboy, I'm being a realist. There's no way RIM can wait until CALENDAR Q3. BGR is just stirring the pot to make RIM look bad as it seems that is their continuing agenda. I believe RIM will have a BBX phone out in Calendar Q1.
    11-15-11 09:56 AM
    From BGR article: "it�s looking like the London is slated to launch some time in the third quarter next year, possibly late in the quarter."
    I think we first need to remember that this is NOT RIM saying this. This is a BGR source, and being likely third hand information there was probably confusion between fiscal and calendar. I'm not being a blind fanboy, I'm being a realist. There's no way RIM can wait until CALENDAR Q3. BGR is just stirring the pot to make RIM look bad as it seems that is their continuing agenda. I believe RIM will have a BBX phone out in Calendar Q1.
    You deserve an award for eternal optimism.

C'mon... BGR's "agenda?" Doesn't RIM's recent history give anyone even a slight bit of pause?

I'd like to think that RIM will pull it out, but I won't be betting more than bus fare on that wager.
    11-15-11 10:02 AM
    Source

Q3 is so far away, the iPhone 5 will be around the corner and the Razr and Galaxy Nexus will be old news in the fast-moving world of Android.

On the other hand, I guess its better to release a 'fully baked' OS as opposed to what we got with the PlayBook.
    Question: Who would go to "Mary's" birthday party for cake and ice cream, if they have ALREADY gorged themselves on cake and ice cream at "Suzie's" party? think about that for a moment, to get my drift.
    11-15-11 10:03 AM
    @trelawrence... It is PRECISELY because of their recent terrible issues that I believe that they can't possibly be delayed by that much. I think it will be an all-hands type effort to get the next generation out. My personal expectation is that we'll see PB OS 2.0 and BBX phones at the same time, in February 2012. I think they are looking to put this season behind them and start fresh in the New Year. Trying to combat perception this year would be too difficult. What better story than the PB finally gets feature-complete AND the first of a new generation of phones gets launched to juice them through 2012. I'm thinking the next 4 months are the months RIM will pick themselves up off the floor, wipe off the dirt, and stand tall. But maybe I'm an eternal optimist... I don't care if people think of me that way
    11-15-11 10:15 AM
    @trelawrence... It is PRECISELY because of their recent terrible issues that I believe that they can't possibly be delayed by that much. I think it will be an all-hands type effort to get the next generation out. My personal expectation is that we'll see PB OS 2.0 and BBX phones at the same time, in February 2012. I think they are looking to put this season behind them and start fresh in the New Year. Trying to combat perception this year would be too difficult. What better story than the PB finally gets feature-complete AND the first of a new generation of phones gets launched to juice them through 2012. I'm thinking the next 4 months are the months RIM will pick themselves up off the floor, wipe off the dirt, and stand tall. But maybe I'm an eternal optimist... I don't care if people think of me that way
    Some of us are (like yourself) optimists...some of us are realists (me), and some are pessimists. And RIM is deluded and inept, thanks to their co-CEO's.
    11-15-11 10:25 AM
    I believe RIM will have a BBX phone out in Calendar Q1.
    I believe you will be in for world of disappointment. They need to ensure they have a fully functioning Android app player on the BBX phones if they want to even stand a chance in today's market. Considering all the issues they're having with the Playbook, I hardly see this as being feasable for Q1.
    11-15-11 10:46 AM
107 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD